Reviews for The Battle Mage of Hogwarts: Year 2
thedarkwolf95 chapter 8 . 9/6
I like what you did with both lockhart and the basilisk
Eltyr chapter 9 . 7/15
A well done wrap-up chapter, and it's good to see that Ron's finally come around :) On to year 3!
Eltyr chapter 8 . 7/15
1. Hmmm. I will not deny wanting that complete and utter git killed, but him getting hit by his own Memory Charm, which he'd used to rob so many others of their rightful accomplishments, was a poetic and fitting end for a charlatan such as him. Still, you did what you could in the absence of Ron and his backfiring wand.

Nice take on the Basilisk fight, and interesting twist with the Basilisk itself (although I should say herself, shouldn't I?). Looking forward to reading the fallout chapter :)
Eltyr chapter 5 . 7/15
1. Sounds similar to the basic stance in fencing at first glance.
2. I think what they're doing in the movies is casting some sort of non-verbal spell, like a deflection or shielding charm. An advanced form of magic, nonverbal spells are the exact same as normal spells except you only think the incantation in your head rather than say them aloud. The advantage this confers in a fight is that your opponent can't predict what spell you're going to cast: at best, they can look at your stance and wand movement and make a guess, but until your spell is flying at them they won't know exactly what you're casting or how to counter, at which point it's probably too late. The downside is that nonverbal spell casting requires a great deal of concentration, otherwise it won't work.
Eltyr chapter 4 . 7/14
Poor Astoria... alas, you reap what you sow.
Eltyr chapter 3 . 7/14
...wow
Just... WOW
It's a good wow, for sure.
Poor Astoria, she and Travis could have been a thing :(
Those scenes with Snape were amazing. Really liking this "book" :)
Eltyr chapter 2 . 7/13
What you had Neville do was, to quote Ron from the third movie: "Not good: brilliant!" LOL
hallelujah I'm a bum chapter 9 . 2/14
this is just a small thing but about the carts, aren't they being pulled by those black horses that can only people who have seen death see? If they are can't Harry see them now because of Lockhart? Great storey by the way. I'm excited to read the next one and the others you've done
BlazeStryker chapter 2 . 1/6/2015
If that great-uncle was working for the Reasonable Excuses division, I could see him taking up boxing as a good cover.
Taichi-Doragon Tentei chapter 9 . 11/7/2014
Well I've flown through book one and two so far today and I'm moving into three. I have to say you have a very nice blend of canon and original ideas. Keep up the good work. And nice beginning to what we all want to see. A good Harry/Ginny romance :D
Dave Dopp chapter 2 . 9/16/2014
Your stories are okay although a little loose on grammar. It is never correct to use plural pronouns with singular verbs. (It may be politically correct but leads to confusion on the part of the reader.) Your objective as a storyteller is to entrance your audience; to create a "suspension of disbelief" on the part of the reader. Grammar errors are speed bumps that destroy the necessary suspension of disbelief that all excellent stories hold. Another problem I noted is an inappropriate use of apostrophes in plural words. It's Dursleys, not Dursley's when talking about the family. Battle Mages, not Battle Mage's. Another common error in your writing is using "on" when you mean "about". "Considering on something" which should be "considering about something."

On a separate note, the thing that gives me the most heartburn is your declaimer in this chapter. You freely used JK Rowling's universe and characters without her explicit permission, yet choose to deny that ability to freely use characters you created. Seems more than a little hypocritical? It would be better and certainly more in keeping with the spirit of fan fiction to allow others free use of your creations with, perhaps, a request for notification so you can go read those new stories. In any event, you have no copyright on your characters in this context because your work is merely a derivation of copyrighted work created by another person. If you remove JK's copyrighted contribution, you have no story.

Despite the constructive criticism, I am enjoying the story.
jeremiah123 chapter 9 . 7/25/2014
Great one
Agrond chapter 9 . 7/24/2014
This second volume of the battle mage Harry is as good as the first one. It was interesting to see how Harry, Neville and Hermione investigated about the Secret's Chamber and Harry's fight against the Riddle Horcuxe, freeing the basilisck Tutella. Now, I'm wondering if Harry's brother will come back in the next 'book' and how will be his relation with Astoria? Will she make apologies? Will he forgive her?
Dragontamer997 chapter 9 . 6/20/2014
Just an observation but wouldn't Harry be able to see the Threstals now? He did in fact watch someone die. Kinda hard for Lockhart to not be dead after being bitten in half by a giant snake.
Sailor Pandabear chapter 9 . 5/21/2014