Reviews for The Battle Mage of Hogwarts: Year 2
BlazeStryker chapter 2 . 1/6
If that great-uncle was working for the Reasonable Excuses division, I could see him taking up boxing as a good cover.
Taichi-Doragon Tentei chapter 9 . 11/7/2014
Well I've flown through book one and two so far today and I'm moving into three. I have to say you have a very nice blend of canon and original ideas. Keep up the good work. And nice beginning to what we all want to see. A good Harry/Ginny romance :D
Dave Dopp chapter 2 . 9/16/2014
Your stories are okay although a little loose on grammar. It is never correct to use plural pronouns with singular verbs. (It may be politically correct but leads to confusion on the part of the reader.) Your objective as a storyteller is to entrance your audience; to create a "suspension of disbelief" on the part of the reader. Grammar errors are speed bumps that destroy the necessary suspension of disbelief that all excellent stories hold. Another problem I noted is an inappropriate use of apostrophes in plural words. It's Dursleys, not Dursley's when talking about the family. Battle Mages, not Battle Mage's. Another common error in your writing is using "on" when you mean "about". "Considering on something" which should be "considering about something."

On a separate note, the thing that gives me the most heartburn is your declaimer in this chapter. You freely used JK Rowling's universe and characters without her explicit permission, yet choose to deny that ability to freely use characters you created. Seems more than a little hypocritical? It would be better and certainly more in keeping with the spirit of fan fiction to allow others free use of your creations with, perhaps, a request for notification so you can go read those new stories. In any event, you have no copyright on your characters in this context because your work is merely a derivation of copyrighted work created by another person. If you remove JK's copyrighted contribution, you have no story.

Despite the constructive criticism, I am enjoying the story.
jeremiah123 chapter 9 . 7/25/2014
Great one
Agrond chapter 9 . 7/24/2014
This second volume of the battle mage Harry is as good as the first one. It was interesting to see how Harry, Neville and Hermione investigated about the Secret's Chamber and Harry's fight against the Riddle Horcuxe, freeing the basilisck Tutella. Now, I'm wondering if Harry's brother will come back in the next 'book' and how will be his relation with Astoria? Will she make apologies? Will he forgive her?
Dragontamer997 chapter 9 . 6/20/2014
Just an observation but wouldn't Harry be able to see the Threstals now? He did in fact watch someone die. Kinda hard for Lockhart to not be dead after being bitten in half by a giant snake.
Sailor Pandabear chapter 9 . 5/21/2014
FreelanceBum chapter 9 . 4/18/2014
and his boots where dirty

Were dirty
FreelanceBum chapter 8 . 4/18/2014
Bah, I hate good guy basilisk
FreelanceBum chapter 7 . 4/18/2014
I always thought it was selfish of Hagrid to send them to Aragog. He obviously knew what the spiders knew, and could have just as easily of mentioned it being their ancient enemy. It seems like they were only sent to clear his name, at personal risk.
FreelanceBum chapter 6 . 4/18/2014
Let's here the valentine then

Wrong hear again.

Also they were going to close the school since Myrtle died...but the diary was made before the memory portrayed here. Do all they share memories? Or just an error from jk
FreelanceBum chapter 3 . 4/18/2014
Astoria shouldn't be there yet, she is 2 years behind Harry.

"Did you not here"
Should be "hear"

I see them doing that, but I don't see them hanging around. Or doing it so publicly.
FreelanceBum chapter 2 . 4/18/2014
for three sides of paper

FreelanceBum chapter 1 . 4/18/2014
Foxes aren't on the approved animal list! For shame, Travis.
Poison Tree chapter 9 . 2/24/2014
Pretty good. There is one thing, though I don't think it's a problem so much as something I've forgotten. When, does Harry start being able to see Thestrals and why? I thought it was you had to see someone die, or 'see death' as it were, but Harry did watch Quirrel die in book 1 and he couldn't see them in book 2. So, in this he's seen Quirrel and Lockhart eat it and he still can't see them. Oh yeah, it was Cedric's death wasn't it? So, is it that enemies don't count or did Rowling forget about Quirrel or had she just not made Thestrals up yet or...something? Just a niggling little thing. Over all really good though. Love the Battle Magic. Never seen the basilisk spared personally. Did read an unfinished humor fic where afterwards Harry turned into a basilisk every night from sunset to sunrise, by Lucillia I think, worth a chuckle or two if you're interested. Also, interesting move with Travis and also with the Astoria bits, which I assume has something to do with what you mentioned happening in book 5? Looking forward to it in any case. On to Book 3.
-Poison Tree