Reviews for Down this Chain of Days
EnsignAbby chapter 9 . 6/26/2014
And this one was absolutely lovely as well :) thank you so much!
Black-Tortoise-of-the-North chapter 9 . 9/10/2013
I would love to read a sequel of this story and No Power in the Verse was amazing. I also love The Popular Theory. I look forward to some more Maliver stories
Mistress M-n-M chapter 9 . 2/27/2013
This is the second time I've read this story and I just got the Hades/Persephone reference with the pomegranate. I can't believe I missed it the first time. I loved the allusion though.
macgamer chapter 9 . 11/18/2012
I can't thank you enough for this wonderful story and how you bring these amazing characters back to life in a vivid and deep way. Great dialogue, interactions and emotion. I'm also a sucker for a happy ending, and you delivered.
gonekrazy3000 chapter 8 . 11/13/2012
Just reread the last chapter again.
I just Love how well you do the voices
Of the characters. I could literally see that
Last scene as if it was an actual episode that
I was watching. Amazing end to an amazong story :)

I really cant wait for part 2... :)
gonekrazy3000 chapter 9 . 11/13/2012
I can honestly say that your stories have been the best mal/river tales i have ever read.
I truely hope there is more to this amazing universe. Heck. I could read their stories
For years to come...
Redmage2 chapter 9 . 11/10/2012
Aw, this is such a lovely story! You write *everyone* so perfectly, *and* you managed to fulfill my desire for interaction between all of the Tams. I love it.
fieldsoffebruary chapter 9 . 10/31/2012
This is a very very good sequel. Believable, like the first installment. But still so very... them. xD
2mrklr chapter 9 . 10/18/2012
Really really lovely! Please keep writing!
swim-with-sharks chapter 9 . 8/22/2012
What a wonderful follow-up to No Power in the 'Verse. I'm constantly blown away by how realistic your writing is. You don't take away the difficulties or allow all source of conflict to be external- with characters who have been through as much as Mal and River, some of the conflict is always going to be internal, and you acknowledge that without taking away from their relationship or their love for each other. I have such a weakness for character driven stories, and yours are some of the best I've ever read- original fiction included.
AreYouSirius-questionmark chapter 9 . 7/24/2012
this and no power in the verse are awesome stories. Thank you for writing and sharing them with me :) I enjoyed them greatly. Mal and River are a pairing I balked at because of the mental age differance in the show (especially when she was trying to get Book to marry her and Simon) but then I thought to the movie and read a few stories about them (your's) and fell in love with them as a couple.
CrazyAce'n'PokerFace chapter 9 . 4/14/2012
oh...

heartbreaking, this. and so, so very right. i love all the shades of love and trust here - romantic love, love between friends, love between the family that you were given and the family you choose. and i love how river and mal never need to say it out loud, because their love is so deep in their bones it's in everything they do.

thank you for a beautiful story. so glad theeere was a sequel, and so glad there's the possiblity for more. :)
malpal chapter 9 . 4/6/2012
Great, I loved the interaction between Mal and Mr. Tam. I love seeing the protective side of our dear Captain. I look forward to the second part!
aquilu chapter 9 . 3/7/2012
Great story
ebfiddler chapter 9 . 2/25/2012
I just love how you bring Book's quotes into this chapter, both in the first and last sections. (May I use the term "bookending" or will that just cause groans?) There are many things to like here in this chapter. So many fine one-on-one scenes. The first Mal and River, airing the issue of trust, was very moving, and only surpassed by the second Mal and River scene. Loved the touches of humor - "flying circles around a planet tends to throw off any linear concept of time, and far as Mal knows or cares, it could be yesterday morning" - ha! had me laughing with that one! The hand-gripping contest between Mal and Simon was quite entertaining, as was their entire scene, with both the dialog and the descriptions of their body language just illustrating so clearly how much these two men have in common and why they clash. Simon: "and you're...not" - that line took the prize, for me. And Mal's closer, "Think of it this way, doc – you're not losin' your sister, you're just gainin' yourself a brother." He really has an obnoxious sense of humor, especially when it comes to dealing with Simon. Loved, loved, loved the scene between Zoe and River - why aren't there more of these? You hit the tone just right. Zoe has a way of expressing with such directness and clarity, a great foil and the perfect antidote for the confusion River was feeling. "All those roles are there, all the time – which one comes out just depends on the situation, and on who's doin' the looking." - really liked that. In the last scene, the symbolism of the pomegranate really grabbed me. So nicely done. You've reached a good stopping point - a beautiful ending - but only because you've already promised a part 2. I'm looking forward to the next section of this story, when you are ready to post it.
55 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »