Reviews for The Truth is Out There
Puggle chapter 1 . 6/15/2014
Great piece
Thanks for sharing
QueenNaberrie chapter 1 . 4/19/2014
Love this! You would think there would be security camera footage out there that showed what happened. Or at least Mycroft would have set up hidden cameras to prove Sherlock's innocence.
librarywitch chapter 1 . 8/30/2013
You know, I wondered if there was video of that day. London has the most CCTV coverage of any city in the world. There would have to be some somewhere. Well done!
Eowyn Rain chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
I am in love with this. Iwant this to be the way it happends! Amazing story!
FlyingLovegood123 chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
*Sniggers* "Haven't I died enough for one lifetime?" How amazingly funny! I loved this story. Wonder hoe LEstrade and te rest will take this news?
Zacha chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
Beautiful, poignant and touching, thanks for writing.

Zacha
sami1010220 chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
Great job!
magialuna chapter 1 . 1/31/2012
Oh this is AWESOME.

This needs to happen.

Sooner rather than later.

I love that you just fixed everything and you didn't even bother to explain it! Good on you! Fixed Sherlock's reputation, made the Scotland Yard bunch feel like complete heels (as they should. After all Sherlock's done for them, they should never have caved so quickly. Of course, Lestrade did try quite hard to defend him but I think they did a good job of showing a realistic scenario. When a subordinate goes over you like that, you are just screwed. I'm curious if we'll come back next season to a demoted Lestrade.)

The DVD in the mail was a new way for Sherlock to return. It was surprising and quite realistic. I can very much see him doing that. It is a very nonconfrontational, safe way for him to feel out whether it's safe-as well as to present his case ahead of time. Very, VERY Sherlock move. LOVED that.

I really really like this fic. Everyone was very in character, it was really well written- and there is also the bit that I really, REALLY needed to read it!

Thanks so much for a feel good fix-it Reichenbach fic. There are not enough out there yet!

Clare
Jenn chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
That is by far one of the best reunion fics I've read since the end of season two. I love it.

There is no going over the top with drama and angst. Yet, John considering suicide and Sherlock keeping an eye on him to protect him even from afar were heartbreaking.

All in all, wonderful job here.
Falling-Petal84 chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
This was amazing!

A very unique kind of reunion but one that actually made sense! I really liked that! I just was wondering, normally there is no voice recording on surveillance footage but then I was what the hell, who cares!

O I love this!
TweedleDuh chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
I absolutely loved this! It was perfect! You know what would be awesome? a second chapter with Lestrade and everyone else.. lol but .. no pressure! This is perfect on its own anyways!
Skyfullofstars chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
Next time, you'll take me with you," John says, decisively.

"Next time?" Sherlock arches an eyebrow. "Haven't I died enough for one lifetime?"

"Well, maybe we'd better skip that part."

Well NOW I feel better since REichenbach!

Thank you!
Peaceful Defender chapter 1 . 1/27/2012
Wow. I have read alot of "Sherlock is exonarated and/or comes back" stories. But this is one of the most believable ones I have read.

I'm glad you found the right balance between the action part of the story and the emotional reactions from John. And I loved how Lestrade put the video on Youtube! How smart was that? And what better way to reach the largest number of viewers in such a short time?

I hope the writers of the show incorporates your ideas into the next episode (whenever it is suppose to air). This is a great story. I hope you do a companion piece of when Sherlock reveals he is alive to Scotland Yard.
chasingriver chapter 1 . 1/27/2012
Okay, I'll be honest - I've been avoiding everything post-Reichenbach like the plague. But since you mentioned that this has a happy ending, and since you wrote it, I thought I'd try it. And I'm really, really glad I did. I never thought I'd be able to say this about Reichenbach fic, but this put a smile on my face.

Bits I really liked:

*"Really, Mr. Holmes, sentiment? I was told you didn't have any." "I've picked up a few things in the last couple of years."

BAMF!Sherlock - the irony being that sentiment made him stronger. Love it.

*Sherlock's expectation of the blowup and John's lack of one.

*Sherlock's cluelessness about parts of what had happened due to being out of the country, NSY had seen footage, etc. I thought this was a lovely wrinkle. I always expect him to be so well informed (ala Mycroft, or via Mycroft, either way), and this made him more... human I guess.

*The parts about how difficult it was to survive the jump

*John's anger that Sherlock had been at the cemetery, and realisation as to why. (That was fairly heartbreaking) and later being touched that Sherlock had kept watch over him. This was just incredibly sweet.

*John turns and looking at Sherlock, smiling, unable to contain his happiness anymore. "You came back." "Of course I did, John." Sherlock looks at him and his eyes are overly bright. When he speaks, his voice is just above a whisper. "You asked me to and it seems that I can't deny you anything. You're my best friend. It was only fair to grant your request."

You came back. The three best words I've heard all week.

*"It wasn't easy," Sherlock says, shaking his head. And suddenly John is struck by just how Sherlock that sounds and he can't keep from laughing.

This is just a great line, and really made me smile.

Lovely story. It was awesome to see something with a happy ending.