Reviews for The North Remembers
Ziria NightRose chapter 113 . 2/8
Wow.
I don't usually reviews fics, but this deserves it.
This has been an incredible journey, and this fic deserves the highest of praises. Your style and the way the characters were characterized was so reminiscent of GRRM himself that at times I couldn't remember if certain things had actually happened in canon or not. I began to forget where DwD ended and this fic began. Nearly every detail seemed to be a very logical continuation of where GRRM has left off, and the mythology you created fit so perfectly with canon mythology that it was stunning. This was truly a masterpiece.
There were a few places (though few) where I felt that you had deviated from GRRM's vision (in terms of character or plot), but those instances were slim and to be expected. Even the 'romance' between Sansa and Sandor, though at first made me uncomfortable, by the end made me squee quite a bit.
My biggest (and really only) complaint is the ending/last 10ish chapters. After the gradual, intense buildup of most of the fic, the conclusion seemed rushed, which led to some events that to me, at least, seemed a little unbelievable. I was left slightly unsatisfied, but I still loved this story enough to not really care.

I can't wait for Winds of Winter so that I can see how much of what you envision happening will actually happen, because there is so much of what you write that seems guaranteed to happen. Your story made things so logical that I feel like they are the only way TOO happen.
Dance Elle Dance chapter 113 . 2/2
Your writing is just stunning. I honestly have no idea what else to say except I am so glad you had the courage to undertake something like this. It's a daunting task, and you wrote so spectacularly. The ending few lines gave me chills - similar to the show, when they dubbed Robb "King in the North." Amazing work. I really hope you continue to write for ASOIAF because you have a great talent for capturing these characters. :)
Grace Hutchinson chapter 113 . 1/23
Lady Morrigan-that's your name in the Old Irish Language-you are a woman of rare and precious knowledge and it has been a pleasure to read your work. Please do not stop! keep it up, I beg, because your talent is a rare one and must be exercised. I will next search for your other work, but please, if you can, try and get this published sometime. My regards and heartfelt thanks, meantime, and the blessings of the Goddess attend you. Ravens look after their own, you know.
Seven Hells Ravenwoman! why did you have to do that to Robb?...Although it is logical I suppose. Nobody ever knew where Robb's head ended up, did they.

Ravenwoman, you have done a fine piece of work. Better than the original, I submit with respect...from one Raven to another, please receive my most earnest appreciation. Every page I read makes me happy to have stumbled across your unlike most humans I have resisted the urge to scroll through to the end, so surprises are still in store for me-thanks to you. keep doing it, Ravenwoman. Life and honours to you
Grace Hutchinson chapter 16 . 1/17
By the Seven Hells, Raven Woman, you really did your homework. Please receive my most sincere congratulations on a work that is brilliantly done-and better than the original, if the truth be told! Love it! I wish you would publish it. Maybe some day... in the meantime, thank you a thousand times for a wonderfully logical and fantastic read! Ireland remembers too!
Megan chapter 113 . 1/11
It took me a week and a half to read this story. I am absolutely astounded and in awe of your talent as a writer. This last chapter...I was sad to see the story end, but so happy to see where the characters had ended up. This story is one of the best that I have ever read, either published or fan made, and I just wanted to thank you for putting your work out there for the public to read. It has been a wonderful journey, and now I need to go and sit and cry for a while that it's over. I just hope the next ASOIAF book lives up to the expectations I have from this story, because I couldn't have dreamed any better resolution.
dariusblackfyre chapter 111 . 1/11
AMAZING! You had me bawling my eyes out the entire second half of the chapter! ! I've loved your story the whole way
Mojtaba13 chapter 21 . 1/3
uh these are the same people that broke almost every so called deal...uh why is he even entertaining any of this...what type of bullshit is he thinking...who the fuck handed him this fucking idiot ball...
Mojtaba13 chapter 6 . 1/3
wish alayne just pulled an arya here. Seriously, people who are enslaved or captured should just kill their captives and then see what happens...not a serious review just airing my frustration in general about Sansa
sunny chapter 113 . 12/27/2014
Let me start of by saying your writing style is just stunning. It was frankly shocking to read something so in line with GRRM's series. I am glad this story lived up to its recommendations of being highly realistic. I'm so happy I read this story. I think GRRM himself would be stunned to know there is a writer as talented at telling his story as he is. In particular, you were able to replicate Jamie, Tyrion, J'aqen Hagar, and Brienne remarkably well. I really think some of the things you've predicted will come to pass. There was only one major inconsistency that bothered me and that was the fact that Myrcella survives. I believe it had been predicted that she (along with her siblings) should have all died before Cersei. Other than that, the plot was magnificent and entirely as enjoyable as GRRM's writings.

My major criticism with this story was the ending which, despite the stories considerable length and careful planning, still felt abrupt and rushed. The build-up was excellent but the pacing near the end seemed to shift speeds a bit too suddenly. I also could not suspend my disbelief over the epilogue; there are simply too many elements I can't imagine happening. Jon's fate, Sansa's, Arya's, Rickon's, Gendry's, Myrcella's, Tyrions, Daenarys's, Val's. All of them felt forced and too sudden. The only plausible thing was the behaviour of House Tyrell which still seemed in line with what we already know of them. With the amount of GRRM's story completed, I imagine it would have been easier to project the plot for a while (and you did this faultlessly) but the epilogue clearly shows the loss of GRRM's vision. It will be interesting to see how he plans to end the story.

Having said all that, you are clearly a highly talented writer to be able to craft such an amazing story (ending and epilogue aside). Sometimes as I was reading this story, I had to convince myself that none of it might actually happen (although I'm certain some of it will). Obviously, I'm going to check out your other stories now! Great job.
Damon Snow chapter 1 . 12/21/2014
nicely done.
azhar.noor chapter 113 . 12/5/2014
great story!
TheOneAndOnly1993 chapter 109 . 11/27/2014
Seriously, the last chapter was just spectacular. I do hope Stannis goes out in the books with words similar to what you've given him: "Serve no usurpers or madmen. Do justice and serve rightly." And I hope Davos is there to see his king go out. Just...god dammit, you made Stannis's death so fucking perfect! I will be so disappointed if it's anything less in the actual books!
TheOneAndOnly1993 chapter 108 . 11/27/2014
I have a huge lump in my throat. You write so much like GRRM's style and got the characters down so pat that this really does feel like the final story in A Song of Ice and Fire. And reading the end of Davos's chapter, thinking about everything he's been through, fuck yeah does that man deserve an ending.
Diclonious57 chapter 113 . 11/8/2014
Print this out and show GRRM this glorious piece of literature!
1,802 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »