Reviews for The North Remembers
Mariagoner chapter 113 . 11/25
How is it that I never gave you the kudos you deserve for the end of this epic story? It remains amazing in every way imaginable, and the bitter-sweet ending perfectly fits the fate of all the characters. What a stunning work you have crafted!
PrinceMittens chapter 112 . 11/6
My God. To live in Theon's state of being is just sheer misery. There is no other way to describe it. I wouldn't want to be Theon Greyjoy for just about anything, but at least he received some sort of closure, meager as it may be.
Gods. The resolution for Arya and Theon weren't as bad as they could've been, but they leave bitter tastes nonetheless.
scotlandthebrave8 chapter 1 . 10/17
This is an actual masterpiece.
AosUnderSol chapter 113 . 9/24
My words cannot even do justice as to the greatness I've just finished reading. Thank you so much for writing this. I will certainly be buying any book you write and will continue to support your work throughout my life. Again, thank you so much. Fan fiction like this is what makes me truly happy in this terrible world we occupy. You take us out of it and thrust us into a whole new one, while it might not be better than ours it is greatness. Please let us know what else you plan to do.

onetrueemperor chapter 113 . 9/16
This is incredible.
Personally, I think 'The North Remembers' is one of the very best ASoIaF fics out there. In fact, it is one of the very best in any fandom. Nothing in this fandom is as well written as this, and until TWOW and ADOS, this is canon for me. It's as if it came from the mouth (or rather, the ancient typewriter) of the great GRRM himself, and perfectly captures pretty much every single character in ASoIaF. Some reviewers are saying that the ending felt rushed, but I think it was very well done, in particular Brienne VI, The Girl with No Past, and Theon VI. It has just the right mix of bitter and sweet, even if certain character interactions did not happen as much as I might have liked (Jon and Dany, Jon and Aegon). But things like Jaime and Cersei's poetic deaths were perfectly done, and reached an emotional height that is rare in ASoIaF canon.
In short, this is an epic of colossal scale, and the benchmark for all future fics.
Awesome story, for me this is officially the ending f Martin does screw up in the next books.
MrWanted Outlaw John chapter 113 . 9/9
I don't think it can be denied that this is the best ASOIAF fanfic on the Internet. The pacing for the first hundred chapters is wonderful, your writing style borders on poetic and the plot is absolutely genius. I wish GRRM would write so intently.

The only qualm I have to share is this: first, the last thirteen chapters seemed to rush to a conclusion. I can't blame you for that though, not after you've written 113 fucking chapters of a fanfiction. Any other problems I could think all stem from the rushed conclusion and of course, my own wishes for the plot to go differently. Bravo, my friend. I'm going to look into your real books.

Thank you for this masterpiece.
Courtney chapter 113 . 9/5
Just binged read this in two days.. it was honestly so amazing I am worried that when Winds of Winter comes out I'll be dissapointed! Good luck with your original works and career! You're so talented I'm sure it'll go well :)
damontevermore chapter 113 . 8/31
I absolutely loved this story...I mean how could I not. However I do have several lingering questions...What exactly does Arya do at the end? Did Theon commit suicide? Also kingdoms seperate but one country or are they several new nations.
MrJamir chapter 113 . 8/25
bittersweet ending.. amazing
nobody chapter 1 . 7/20
four paragraphs in and you've already got me! Using Coldhands' POV for the prologue. just, wow. okay, imma continue reading :)
greenprisoner chapter 8 . 7/11
okay i don't know why but i am way more interested in reading your minor characters than in the books. maybe because you add actual plot i dunno
greenprisoner chapter 2 . 7/11
ksaj;dlfiajsd;f THIS IS SO GOOD. it's going to be hard keeping like 3 versions of this story straight between this, the books, and the show. BUT SO SO WORTH IT
greenprisoner chapter 1 . 7/11
oh my gosh i can't believe how much effort and dedication must have went into this. I'm really looking forward to reading this although i'm not sure if i'll get through it all at once. But if i wanted to i could because complete! woo! also i just realized i'm going to be so confused when i go back to reading the books because this has such a canon feel to it. thanks for writing, this kinda makes up for the lack of asoiaf fic actually. I hope it goes where i want it to cuz you can pretty much do whatever but we'll see.
PaultheEwok chapter 113 . 7/4
Wow amazing story. I really enjoyed it, though I do think some parts dragged a little (their were some chapters where I read through them quickly just to get through them.) Also I didn't feel like the battle scenes were that great, to me they didn't really give a sense of what was actually happening. But anyway overall I enjoyed it, and if GRR Martin ever finishes the series and I don't like it, this is a nice alternate ending. Actually I kind of would have liked an epilogue where we have a final few words in the POV of each character. Anyway Awesome story.
1,838 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »