Reviews for Formal Weather Patterns
JannP chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
You know, I've embraced the fact that I'm skeptical, cynical, and generally a jaded pain in the ass. I've just never stopped to consider that me and you project those traits into our writing (duh) until I read this line: "Now it's just all old to him. He doesn't marvel at anything anymore. Because now every city looks the same. The lights they just hurt his eyes. And when he's driving out of the city he prefers it to be overcast so he can at least see straight."

Because I've never enjoyed city lights. I've always preferred the overcast because then a) daylight isn't burning my retinas and b) it's all just kind of a haze of grey that I think is comforting. Apparently that's not normal? I totally agreed with this line and really had to think about why.

And then this: "Maybe it took thinking about what he wanted if a zombie apocalypse happened but he knows what he wants and he's completely positive it's all he's ever wanted."

It's so perfectly random but makes 'Finn' sense. He's still the same basic guy underneath the heaping pile of issues he now realizes he has, and it takes something like a fictional and hypothetical zombie apocalypse for him to reorder his entire life.

And then the sending the blank postcard home and being there when she gets it and GETS it and watching her with his ass frozen to a front stoop and yeah. It was sweet but there were real-life elements that just made it not over the top cheesy and kept it grounded and this paragraph doesn't even make sense anymore so I'm stopping.

Also, hahaha at the title. I think I might've heard that song somewhere before. I blame you.
PeryneB chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
UGH! You know, right now i slightly hate you and your ability to make my heart hurts for a whole story, until the very last minute, the very last words! Gorgeous!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/27/2012
So glad you continued this