Reviews for A Certain Exchange Student's Crazy School Life
PokeRescue18 chapter 2 . 1/28/2013
This is PokeRescue18 delivering to you a special chapter for this fanfic after reading it the entire night:
Your story is a rather interesting take on to the storyline of the series. Although, your plot veers more closely to Railgun than Index; it isn’t half bad in retrospect. The characters stay true to the original source, that's a feat I can really appreciate.
Also, you really excel in writing awesome scenes.
However, this review is not complete without pointing out the flaws:
Grammar and sentence structure errors are present.
You misspelled a certain character’s name: it’s not spelled as “Saiten”, it’s spelled correctly as “Saten”. As in “Saten Ruiko”; try to remember that.
Only a VERY few members of the Science side knew about the existence of magic; Academy City tries to keep the existence of magic secret.
Mikoto Misaka is not supposed to be battling magicians as of yet; that should be the specialty of Touma Kamijou, isn’t it?
Mikoto and the “Meltdowner” Shizuri Mugino actually met in combat, if I would correct you.
As I write this review I realized, we’re not really so different in our writing styles. We both write crazy-awesome scenes, one of our OCs constantly breaks the fourth wall, and we both have inconsistencies in our stories. If you want, I can offer my services as your beta reader. I can correct the errors that you wrote in your this fanfic and point you in the right direction in case of more prevalent errors.
Well, I ran out of words to say to your story, so why not you help me back in return? I have another story that you might be interested in. This story is a crossover, but with To Aru Majutsu no Index and YuGiOh called "A Certain Duelist's Dream". Although I have finished writing this side-story, I'm already writing a sequel, and I need your help.
Also, I have another story that you might be interested in. I'm not sure if you like Pokémon, but I did write a crossover between Pokémon anime, Pokémon Special manga, and Pokémon DP Adventure manga. It is called "Crisis on Two PokéWorlds!"
I hope that you're reading your reviews; if you're interested in my offer, please message me. I'll be waiting for the next update!
PokeRescue18
fray253 chapter 8 . 1/28/2013
goood can wait for the next chapter
Ragner chapter 7 . 6/27/2012
not bad a chapter... good link into mikoto's past. just a few issues to address, magician names are Latin and have 3 digits not 4. and speaking a magic name doesnt give a massive boost in power, it just indicate's a magician's intention to kill. like how stiyl anounces his name to touma.
Ragner chapter 6 . 4/17/2012
Hahahaha... Blame the writer... Nice one, good chapter!
Lazyman12 chapter 6 . 4/17/2012
Love it
Ragner chapter 5 . 4/8/2012
Gotta hate Roman Catholic Church nuns, but if she's been in the city for 2 years, wouldn't Aleister have dealt with her by now? And Amaito's ability to control Earth, (usually ability names compose of two words Electro Master, Aero Hand, Move Point, the exception being Teleporter) was stated to be Level 2, at Level 2 a person is classified as "having weak powers". Even at Level 3 it is difficult to use in a combat situations. Why is he using power on par of a Level 4?
Ragner chapter 3 . 4/8/2012
Tokiwadai dorm 2 becomes Tokiwadai dorm 1?
Ragner chapter 2 . 4/8/2012
Good storyline with well thought of plot, a few grammar and spelling errors but are well within the acceptable margin. As Nagaten Jouki academy is not mentioned a lot in the actual storyline, going there to study offers you a lot of leeway to write about it. There is a minor problem in the story in that you witness Tokiwadai's SYSTEM scan, Tokiwadai Middle School resides in the School Garden, a collection of 5 elite all girls schools. It is believable that Mental Out stole Unaberu, and it is unknown which dorm she resides in since there is one dorm within the school garden (kongou mitsuko's) and one outside (misaka mikoto's) all in all, keep up the good work.
Lazyman12 chapter 5 . 4/6/2012
The story is well crafted. It's not to detailed and not to long. You can make it sound great. I can easily see the story in my head and picture the character too.
Anne Fatalism Dilettante chapter 3 . 2/8/2012
Well, I must say this is pretty interesting, even though I have no idea where it will lead to. Hope you continue!