Reviews for Joy Departed
Bonpetitepoodles chapter 3 . 2/25
Wonderfully written and oh so scary. Christine will forever keep the almost drowning in her psyche. What about children will he try to drown them too?
jme77 chapter 3 . 11/1/2014
Such a unique perspective. You really make your readers shiver with the backdrop chilliness and initial hopelessness of both characters. The frigid cold feels never ending and you've captured the feeling of despair that one can feel during a seemingly endless winter. Neither one knows what to do with the other for months on end until their breaking point but of course it has to be Christine who was raised with warmth and love to help change and break their pattern.

It would be interesting if you could do a follow up after their thaw going into spring and summertime. Your Erik seems more than capable of sweetness and geniality with the right push.
justrumbelledearie chapter 1 . 8/29/2014
This was absolutely lovely! Perfect ending to a Friday! Thank you.
Guest chapter 3 . 4/11/2014
This chapter never fails to bring me to tears. So very tender and loving.
Rosie chapter 3 . 8/11/2013
A beautifully written tale! Absolutely loved it:)
lovewillstillremain chapter 3 . 8/4/2013
Oh my God, this is SO BEAUTIFUL *sob*
Thank you!
her illusion chapter 3 . 6/30/2013
this sounds,well,very work :)
Rupert Bear chapter 3 . 5/3/2013
Beautiful & well written, thank you for sharing the story.
littlelotte chapter 3 . 3/14/2013
When I was reading this story the other day (for the umpteenth time!), a thought struck me - wouldn't it be fascinating to read this same story once again from Erik's POV?
Broken-Vow, what do you think...? ;-)))
littlelotte chapter 3 . 3/8/2013
Thank you so much!
Bergamotte chapter 3 . 2/25/2013
This was a more detailed exploration of their evolution as a couple . . . very sweet. Thanks for this story, BV.
Effie Haste chapter 3 . 1/28/2013
Beautiful ... I'm only sorry you ended it there, although it was a natural place for the story to end. You captured them both so well.
Everyonedeserveslove chapter 3 . 1/25/2013
Million chapter 3 . 12/23/2012
Wonderfully thoughtful and nearly heartbreaking... I am reminded of Fiddler on the Roof, the song called "Do You Love Me?" It was a case similar to this... Tevye and Golde were married by arrangement twenty years before they could admit they loved each other. Thankfully Christine and Erik can hope to bend in a shorter time.
emeraldphan chapter 3 . 10/13/2012
Thank you for this absolutely wonderful story! I loved the way you developed Erik and Christine's relationship - there were no easy answers or quick solutions for them, you let everything develop slowly and in stages. First, Christine's fear and hate, then her growing strength and decisiveness. I also loved the way that she had to keep on being strong, and really grew as a character as a result. BOTH of them grew, which was wonderful. This is one of the best Leroux stories I have read - dark and disturbing at times, but there was still hope for them at the end.
The descriptions of the coldness of Erik's lair were really evocative too - they really made me appreciate central heating! I think I will read this again at some point!