Reviews for Whiskey And Cigarettes
Gui Montag chapter 4 . 6/9/2013
I'm not exactly sure why I neglected to review your latest chapter for so long, but better late than never I suppose. ;

Reading it a second time made me remember how much I loved the way you fleshed out Max's family and the way things are progressing so far. Her parents outright say what the reader's already thinking, that Sid is more suitable for Max than anyone else is, or would be if it wasn't for the not-so-little detail of them already being best friends...both of their feelings are getting stronger to the point where they can't be ignored or will go away on their own, and it seems inevitable that pretty soon they'll have to come to terms with it. It's not so much a question of "will they or won't they" so much as "will it lead to their friendship becoming something much more or will it destroy the good thing they already have?"

At least that's my take on it. :) Because let's face it, while acting on their feelings might seem like the point of no return at a first glance, if what Sylver said is to be believed they already passed the point of no return in the climax of the first chapter.

And especially if things are going to get even crazier in the next chapter like you say. ;) Even if it'll be a while before this is updated, this was still a very satisfying chapter with a lot of warm and funny moments in between all the drama. You never fail to deliver, Jake!
Gui Montag chapter 3 . 5/3/2013
Even though you announced it a short time ago, it's so very good to see that you updated this story again after two months!

Finally, the entire gang's made an appearance now, and you did just as great a job capturing the official feel of Sunny's, Inix's, and Rex's characters as you did with everyone else so far...and of course, Rex and his extreme lusting for Sid was hilarious. XD

It's interesting to see that Sid is back to treating Max like a sister while she's the one who's dealing with conflicted feelings. Seems that he had an easier time letting things "get back to normal" after their kiss judging by his obliviousness to the way Max was affected by their snow wrestling match.

Looks like things are about to take an interesting turn with Sid visiting Max's family for the holidays, and going by the way things have been going, the insanity at home will do anything but cancel the insanity she's is going through right now...especially if Max's comment about her mom "grinding her about her dating life" is the foreshadowing that I suspect it is. ;)

All in all, fantastic job all around, Jake. As always, I can't wait to see where things go from here!
Royal Coat chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
I've been a fan of your writing since I stumbled across your Sally/Tails fiction some time ago. It's truly a pleasure to read the relationships you write.

I honestly can't figure out why this story hasn't been commented on already. Perhaps Broken Plot Device is a bit obscure.

I'd love to see how this relationship would play out, if only because it would be fascinating to see those two bounce off each other as they try to come to terms with their feelings.

Wonderful. Thank you for your stories.