Reviews for Out Of Place
Ralph Brew chapter 1 . 4/28/2015
Aaawww! I wanted to go to Narnia with Riversong and Polly, you know just incognito, no intention to warp the space time continuum by changing history or anything as it were... breathe the air again, maybe eat some of those toffee fruit again. Although maybe Riversong could have taken Polly to the far north and interrupted Jadis there before she built her powers.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/4/2014
Beautifully written

-Dragon-
GeekyGenius chapter 1 . 6/29/2014
:) Polly and River... Not a combination I would expect, but it works well. Great job.
june reader chapter 1 . 2/1/2014
I enjoyed that you used a lesser known Narnian character.
WriterWilf chapter 1 . 1/3/2014
Glad that I decided to wander into the crossover section in order to read this fantastic oneshot. Can I just say that you do a great job at portraying the two characters? Both of these characters seem to be in character. And the piece itself is very well done. I wonder if Doctor Song ever did get back to Polly before Polly's death. (I don't think Aslan's Country is the kind of place that you can get to even in a TARDIS.)
Heliopause chapter 1 . 12/13/2013
Oh, this was gorgeous! I LOVE Polly being on the wall, and observing. :D Both of them are great here! And: "a very long time before you see me again" - well, yes, I guess... but I am smiling just thinking about it!
OldFashionedGirl95 chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
I always like stories in which the sudden disappearance of horse, cabby, and wife (not to mention giant crazy lady!) is investigated, and here the idea of River Song being able to see temporal distortion and missing age in Polly is delightful. I love the idea of Polly sitting on the brick wall, watching the crowds go by, waiting for news from the worlds, and seeing what others do not see.

Also I want to know how the stingray came into it.
Mogs chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
3333333333333333333333 I want them to go on adventures together now!
basaltone chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
Cute. I lost touch with the Dr. Who series when the 10th Dr. left, so I don't know much about River Song's story, but I can certainly see her as a kindred spirit to Polly.
Hawki chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
-Like the visual description of Polly. I can imagine that after her adventure with Diggory, she might be more willing to not conform to the norm in terms of attire.

-Nice job of interweaving 'Doctor Who' lore into the story's context. River's reflections are appreciated, and that Polly is out of time due to the effects of being in Narnia is a nice touch also.

-Minor tidbit-River's lack of connotations don't feel that natural to her character-"I am surprised," "I do not," etc. Such writing works in a formal sense, but IMO, I don't see her as being a formal character.

-Interesting interaction between the characters, how they're both perfectly comfortable talking about events that...well, suffice to say, most people of the era would have trouble believing. While I wouldn't have expected Polly or Diggory to exactly talk freely about their experiences, Polly doing it with River is a scenario I think you've pulled off well.

-The girl smiled widely. "Oh I do think so and I am so relieved to hear you say that! It should be very sad if Narnia and Charn were my last adventures. That would not do at all!"

"I expect to hear of those adventures when I see you again, Polly Plummer."

Yeah...sorry it'll take a train crash for that to happen. :(

-All in all, good job. No real faults, and I think you had good interaction of the characters and their respective settings.
WingedFlight chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
So I don't know how I managed to miss this story when you first posted it! It's such fun to read Polly and River interacting. What adventures the two must have gotten into in later years! The distinction of rules and the note about how the Doctor would have said the same thing is great.
Zarz chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
Cute story! I love Polly's total acceptance of River's arrival. Will we ever get to see other of their meetings? Anyway, great work, and I'm looking forward to reading some of your other pieces!
ilysia chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
Polly and River Song. Together. The world trembles at the thought.

But really, a very lovely and perfect description of the two of them, Polly with her rumbled dress and pleasure at the thought of Jadis being gone, River with her not-a-real-watch and various hoppings about the universe. Two ladies of adventure! Bravo.
Michael Gardner chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
Neat!
HarmonyLover chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
I have not met River Song yet, because I have not watched enough "Who," but I absolutely LOVE this. Polly is perfect, too old and too wise and a bit snarky, and River seems to match her perfectly. I can absolutely see these two meeting again. And I love the meditation on different kinds of rules. So lovely! Thank you for this little bit of story. :)