Reviews for Damn Wizards
a fan of this chapter 7 . 1/23
I think this is one of the best stories where Harry Potter leaves the magical world, what I would have liked was to see a little more of the prisoners and the purebloods, to see how they reacted to what was happening and how the world improved
nif-ravenpuff chapter 7 . 1/22
That was really fun to read!
RFDN chapter 6 . 9/19/2023
The first thing that needs to be said is that this is from a technical standpoint, a well written story with an interesting premise. That said, the story it's self has significant issues.

The biggest issue, regardless of Harry's age, which you said was retconned after the first chapter and had corrected, is how Voldemort hasn't taken over the ministry yet. I assume this story was written before book 6 at least initially so because Dumbledore isn't dead from the ring, which he should have gone after with or without knowing where Harry was. Even assuming you did not know about that, we know Voldemort took less time than decade to almost take over Britian the first time. we know the wizarding world has elections, and if the war had been going on for a decade (your shortest time frame), then Scimor likely would have been replaced by now. Instead of this logical situation, everything was paused aside from Harry and his peers getting older. I want to assume you shoe horned book 6 into your story after the first chapter was initially written because you do reference characters and events from that book, but yeah.

Issue two is again connected to the ministry of magic, but this time why they didn't detect the magic being used in the non-magical election. This is one of their primary jobs, and even all of that aside from Harry, both in the wizarding world and the non-magical world in your story, is famous. Harry should have been spotted as he was rising to power by someone who either lives on the edge of both worlds (like Snape seems to during the summer) or by an obligatory squad during one of the events of Magic being used in the nearby area of non-magicals.

Finally, how is Harry any better than Voldemort in this story? He uses magic to overthrow the current government in a way that puts him at the top. He subjugated the population of the magical world for his personal benefit, which regards the non-magical world. Finally, Harry creates an inner circle of apical followers who, even after he leaves, continue to rule over britian.
Nulled Void chapter 7 . 8/6/2023
good
20000 WPM chapter 7 . 7/30/2023
Very interesting story.
FriendlyFire59 chapter 7 . 7/9/2023
Good story, and I can just imagine how popular a kids show star who could change their appearance to go with their voice as they read stories to the live and watching audience would be, Go Tonks!
GreedElff chapter 7 . 6/28/2023
Great Story thanks for sharing. :-)
erstwhile-S chapter 7 . 6/10/2023
Absolutely brilliant! Loved how Harry and team banded together to take down the two overlords of the Wizarding world. Their methods and actions were truly ‘for the greater good’. Too bad they couldn’t gloat about it to Dumbledore.
madie080802 chapter 7 . 5/12/2023
I really like a story that brings logic into play and smacks stupid prejudiced magical people down a notch. It's a closed story yes. But I wanted to hear if Charlie and Hagrid ever got together and did a wild animal interview. That would have made my day. Still, this story is going into my favorite list. Thanks for sharing.
garrycooper101 chapter 7 . 2/18/2023
A great story!
jada951 chapter 1 . 1/22/2023
oh! how great to happen upon your story again! I remember it is a great read. :D
keht.jelicho chapter 7 . 1/15/2023
really? Only Charlie for Wildlife program? you Know the gentle Giant of Hagrid would fit the role too, especially in counter point to Charlie.
Guest chapter 6 . 1/4/2023
I'd like to imagine that, given Veritisium, every surviving Death Eater got pumped for every crime they did. And then it was painstakingly put into timelines, as to each time Dumbledore 'forgave' them, or protected them. Albus gets shown, person by person, how he failed. Especially for crimes that happened during the time Voldemort was thought entirely dead and his resurrection hadn't happened. Where there was no 'afraid of Voldemort' excuse. Y'know, like the Quiddich World Cup riot. How his 'spy' wasn't even on his side.
kalloni chapter 7 . 12/31/2022
This was an interesting story with a premise I hadn't quite seen before. I liked the pacing, it didn't drag on too long and things moved pretty well. There were some grammar issues here and there but nothing major or unreadable. Overall good story.
kalloni chapter 4 . 12/31/2022
Lol Dumbledore thinks an attack would make Harry back off? He's so deluded, that would clearly make Harry double down.
1,063 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »