Reviews for Summer Brave
Suyiro Motsuko chapter 2 . 10/13/2014
I feel if I were a bit more quieter, I would be Touya and that's my oshawott lol he's one of my favorites too! This looks promising as well, can't wait to see N.
Been Waiting chapter 2 . 7/26/2014
OMG!UPDATE ALREADY! I'M DYING HERE! I HAVE DREAMS ABOUT THIS FIC, AND YOU'RE ONLY TWO CHAPTERS IN! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! FOR ARCEUS'S SAKE!
Sunflower Eater chapter 1 . 12/8/2012
Hello! I'm not really a big fan of the pairing or the game in general really. I was just bored looking around for fics to read when I say your fic. And WOW. I never thought that I would be this lucky today! Your writing style is so epic. It's so pretty. You have epic talent dude. And I will worship the ground you walk. Omaygosh. I love your writing style.

Anyway. I really enjoyed the chapter. It feels like I'm reading a original story instead of a fanfic! :D I liked the way you started the game. And wow, you made a really awesome picture of how the characters would have acted if they were real. I'm excited to read more! Thanks for sharing! 8D
Resetty chapter 2 . 8/19/2012
Oh man this is really great ;-; Sadly it's been about six months and no update but hey it's understandable since school and stuff! I love the details and your writing style is just fantastic. You're like my favorite Pokemon author no joke. ;-; I also don't think it's boring at all! I honestly love it omg wow I hope you update soon! It'd be lovely to continue reading this.
Guest chapter 2 . 7/8/2012
Really loving this so far! Hope you'll update soon :)
Flying Spoink chapter 1 . 6/3/2012

This is what I've been waiting for. My whole life.

What I like about this is that it's so realistic. Things make sense. The characters are real, not puppets. Also, the first chapter was kind of... not sad exactly, but nostalgic. It reminds me of hours spent playing Pokémon, yes, but also hours playing outside as a child and, basically, it sums up my childhood. You are an amazing writer, and I can't wait to hear more.

Also, this has kind of inspired me. I've been thinking of writing an Emerald game novelisation for years, essentially since I played the game. So yeah, forever ago. I might actually do that now.
Empty Puppet chapter 2 . 5/17/2012
I could say a lot of thinga, but I'm just going to bring up the serial killer thing there. LET ME LOVE YOU. -settles down with DS for the next chapter-
Anon chapter 2 . 5/11/2012
Me Gusta, I await the next chapter.
Gaurdian. Wolf4 chapter 1 . 3/30/2012
awwww... i don't think it's awkward i actually like it when the main character is left out especially if his sis gets everything she wants and it makes him cry i love it!
piyo chapter 2 . 2/26/2012
Sweet stuff haha xD You know I never actually nicknamed my pokemon, I think not nicknaming oshawott is fine. I haven't read "words we couldn't say" but you've mentioned it in both chapters so should we read that before reading this/ before other chapters release? xD I don't particularly want it in past tense.. unless it's a memory or something. its good, waiting for more~
piyo chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
it's exciting! nice use of vocab words, nice imagery too~ wow touko is a beech xDD
DainoChild chapter 2 . 2/21/2012
I vote past tense, if only cos I read it that way anyway. Well, that, and I adamantly refuse to believe in the omnipotent narrator, which is what present tense implies. I've considered doing an English doctorate all about how the omnipotent third person narration is most likely a trick one of the characters in story is doing to appear flawless, but even the Faculty of English would likely tell me 'whoa you're taking fiction way too seriously there buddy'. I'm not sure what the point of that tangent was except to convince you that I'm a conspiracy theorist who believes fictional characters tell their own stories via the author. So... a schizophrenic conspiracy theorist...?

Anyway.

I love how world-weary oshawott is. I can picture the scene with him looking over at Touya with resignation so perfect, like, 'So I'm stuck with that one. Greaaat.' And 'Wo-Wo' is totally a fantastic nickname that would in no way encourage people to support Team Plasma. Dunno if this'd help, but I know that Black in Pokemon Special nicknames his pokemon based on what they'll evolve into. So his munna is called Musha, his joltik is called Tula, though his tepig is the exception and just called 'Tep'. That Black is like, the living representation of the popular Japanese phrase, 'Kishiwada shonen gurentai!' ('Boys, be ambitious!') And Trainers in PokeSpe always have a theme to their nicknaming. It's kind of amazing how dedicated to that they are.

Also, the way you worked in the strange formal speech at the start of the games is great. It is now part of my headcanon that PokeProfessors all have to ask, "Now, are you a boy? Or are you a girl?" as part of some government issued series of questions for a form they have to fill in. Oh, and how you worked in the pain of torturing audino! Why are they so damn cute urghhhh stop healing me while I kill you for max HP oh god okay sorry I'll just catch you christ. (I have about thirty in my PC.) I liked that this one fought back. XD

...is it bad that I'm seeing hints of Cheren in Lily? Ooh, let's find a strong man to follow! Oh Champion Aldeeeer~ Let me mother you! (Sorry. I'm getting my shippings all over your story.)

But! I enjoyed this chapter. I love how spunky Oshawott is and that he's protective of Touya, cos... well, he's probably gonna need it. (Kind of picturing Oshawott slapping N. Kind of loving it.) I really like that you've given the pokemon so much personality! And I don't think it's boring because establishing is important. Nothing else makes sense without establishing, and it's hard to enjoy fiction as much when you haven't gone through the establishing chapters to get close to the characters.

And I shall patiently wait until March.
kamimimi chapter 2 . 2/15/2012
"because Cheren never whines; he complains in a completely manly and powerful way"

THIS. BEST LINE OF CHAPTER. SAID AND DONE.

XD And I like the mass-murderer bit too.

Stuff it, I loved all of them~

I reallyreallyreally love it and I don't really mind if you switch tenses, heck I wouldn't care if you started calling Touko Hilda and Touya Hilbert actually I would but anyway I reallyreally love it and yay! I'msohappy;w;

Update soon~
kamimimi chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
I... feel moved. Like seriously, when Touya walked out of Touko's room I was ready to bust down her door and SMACK THE SHIT OUT OF HER. Whilst crying and hugging Touya and apologising to him for all the shit he has to bear. You fabulous fiend 8D
Frozen Obsidian chapter 2 . 2/14/2012
I like the way you write, and I'll admit I have a soft spot for present tense stuff, so I vote present tense! But really, write whatever comes easier.

And so we inch along... I still haven't decided on a proper line up for my team in Black

I like Oshawott, but I agree that he needs a nickname.