Reviews for Black Times of Black Days
lella7 chapter 5 . 2/11/2012
A lovely collection of drabbles with some truly beautiful descriptions of the times of day. I loved the idea of Narcissa pretending to be Bellatrix in the first chapter. She is so reserved normally that it makes sense she'd sometimes wish she could be more like her sister. I also thought you conveyed Andromeda's sense of not quite fitting in very well.
Expecting Rain chapter 5 . 2/6/2012
Aww, this is sad! But sweet too.
Inkfire chapter 5 . 2/6/2012
You described sunset very beautifully here, and I liked the way it first evoked Sirius to him, and then himself… The shift in his perspective as he grew older, the way he had to fight too, and the balance between the hardship of it and the hope it gave him, were very well depicted. Great work!
ThoughtfulMindings chapter 5 . 2/5/2012
Wow, I just found this today. This is amazing! I love how you've captured each Black so similarly, yet differently. I always enjoy reading stories of the Black family. Its amazing to think how such a prestigious, big, full of future, and powerful family could one day end. Amazing story once again, loved it!
ElizabethAnneSoph chapter 5 . 2/5/2012
So Regulus was good? WOW!
Expecting Rain chapter 4 . 2/3/2012
Yayy, Andromeda! :DDD (And for me! Thank you! Though I should have made sure to read your note in the thread before I commented that - I would have known she was coming, then! Sorry!)

I really love this description! "Like her, it was stuck between the pearly grey beauty of dawn and the thrilling danger of the dark of midnight." Really fitting, and really prettily described.
Amazon Star chapter 4 . 2/3/2012
Poor Andromeda...
Inkfire chapter 4 . 2/3/2012
I really like the way you drew the parallel between Meda and noon here! It was really insightful, and prettily done. Her being always caught between her two sisters, in the background, was very sad… And I loved the last line, quite beautiful. Great work dear )
ElizabethAnneSoph chapter 4 . 2/2/2012
Fantastic once again! I like to hear about the four siblings...and how different they are from each other.

As always my deepest compliments on your story
Expecting Rain chapter 3 . 1/31/2012
Oh, I was expecting Andromeda! Now I feel like she's missing.

I like the description here, and your explanation for why Sirius loves dusk - it fits.

Your writing in all of these was great! One of your best challenge stories yet, I think.
Expecting Rain chapter 2 . 1/31/2012
I like how, right away, you tell us that you know that dawn doesn't seem like it would fit Bellatrix - and then you show us exactly why it does! I love this sentence: "As a child, the golden streaks in the sky had heralded a new chance to infuriate her mother; tease her sisters; prove her worth to her father." And you got the forum name in at the end! :D
Expecting Rain chapter 1 . 1/31/2012
Ooh, 3 100-word drabbles, 1 for each major moment of the day and 1 for each Black sister - I like the structure! :)

I love the description of midnight - "when people could hide their true natures in the darkness of the night. Become someone else." And Cissy's imagining is so sad, but I can believe it of her.
Gamma Orionis chapter 3 . 1/30/2012
I liked the way you used "dusk" in this one - more literally than in the other two, so it's a nice change of pace. And I like Sirius's reasons for liking dusk - quite in character! Great work, looking forward to more!
Inkfire chapter 3 . 1/30/2012
I love your characterization of Sirius here, and the way you described dusk was quite beautiful! I love the way you stressed the in-between quality of the moment, and the way you described his escape was very vivid… Great job!
Amazon Star chapter 2 . 1/30/2012