Reviews for In The Dark
Mana's Madness chapter 23 . 10/28/2013
Well, I loved this story. I liked how realistically their relationship developed, and I loved how you portrayed Anzu and Jou. Quite a few writers would've leapt at a chance to bash Anzu in a story like this, and I love that you didn't, and her psycho knifepoint threats were for good reason. The devotionshipping was cute, it's my secondary pairing involving those two _ (My favorites for those two are supportshipping and polarshipping XD)

And the last chapter was hilarious! It was nice to see that Yami got the bond he wanted with Yuugi, with the easy, lighthearted conversation. Loved it!
CourtLynn chapter 22 . 4/12/2013
This was a great story! Enjoyed it (: soo sad though!
Saskie chapter 23 . 2/18/2013
Aww... It was really a good story. I couldn't stop myself from reading on!
Nickirem.Tetsuya.Zoldyck chapter 16 . 2/11/2013
Every yr, a black out day, nice.
Nickirem.Tetsuya.Zoldyck chapter 15 . 2/11/2013
Signing! Signing! STUPID GODDAMN FUCKING SITE FOR DELETING MY FICCIES!
Nickirem.Tetsuya.Zoldyck chapter 13 . 2/11/2013
Hey, do you like Anzu? Cos I kinda don't like her. I hate her for liking and stealing Yami, but I likeish her personality, but fuck, she is sooooo selfish!
Nickirem.Tetsuya.Zoldyck chapter 11 . 2/11/2013
Watch hunter x hunter the old version and I expect u to write killugon! Cos I am sick too...
Nickirem.Tetsuya.Zoldyck chapter 5 . 2/11/2013
SETO is being an asshole! Gogo Joey! Go kill SETO!
Nickirem.Tetsuya.Zoldyck chapter 3 . 2/11/2013
I. Hate. Cliffies! Meaning I hate you for ending such awesome chappies with a cliffie every time
rose135 chapter 18 . 1/11/2013
WHAT THE HELL! WHY ARE YOU SO CRUEL?! poor yugi. T-T
Rival lover chapter 23 . 11/29/2012
*hau* I love this story. It's so dramatic and cool and awesome I,I

I loved Jou in the final chapter :D He was funny .

This story was really good, I think it was awesome :D You should write some Rivalshipping stories. ;)
Guest chapter 23 . 10/15/2012
OMG! That was AMAZING!
Life Sucks 4 Me chapter 11 . 10/15/2012
i like this 'bad soap opera' better than the ones im forced to watch
Guest chapter 23 . 9/23/2012
I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT ! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVE IT! IT'S INCREDIBLE! BUT I WISH THE WAS ONE YAOI SCENE. MAYBE A QUICK SIDE STORY FOR THIS STORY YAOIS SCENE? I would love it if you do!
AkuZeku chapter 23 . 9/20/2012
So, here I am, I'm the one that posted a comment on your blog yesterday. I saw you like "true" critical reviews. I love to give them. So here we go ;) I finnished this story this morning and I hope I'll be able to remember everything that came to my mind while reading, because I only wrote down two things, but there was more to it than that. Nevertheless I will start with those things:

In general the story really got me and I liked it very much, even though it wasn't the usual puzzleshipping story. I will tell you later why. Only one thing: It wasn't bad at all, on the contrary, it made for a nice change. One thing I really loved about your way of describing situations, you tried to describe it from different perspectives. Like Joeys perspective of Yugis and Jacks relationship and the first incident, and Jacks in that one chapter - and later Yugis perspective of all the events, to discover what the reader didn't already knew till then. I'm really impressed how you managed, it was fun to read, even though one time you told one part almost identically to another. But that's no big thing, it just happened once and didn't really disturb the flow, it wasn't just, in my opinion, that necessary to describe it the same way once again.

The second thing I noticed and it's the thing I love most about this fanfic, was the very realistic course of events of Yugis and Yamis relationship. It's not that I hate it when they come close a little bit faster, but here I really admire the authenticity. It's a fact they just met and didn't know each other. It's another fact that Joey and Anzu have known Yugi far longer than Yami and thereof Yugi would think of them at first. I noticed Yugi didn't really think of Yami quite often, but it's just so natural! They didn't really know each other well enough. And here comes one point I didn't like so much, but I guess it's more about taste here. For me, Yami went to quick on thinking he loved Yugi. Maybe it's because of the experiences I made in my own life, why it just feels so wrong to me to think this about someone one doesn't even know good enough to be friends with them. I would have preferred if Yami thought he'd fallen in love or having a crush (you did use that term though). But as I said, it's just a matter of taste. And there are people who think they "love" someone the moment they see them for the first time.

Apropos Yugis and Yamis relationship and why this is not a typical puzzleshipping story. It wasn't all centered on the development of their relationship but more about a process of coming to terms with the past. Of course, they had their moments (and they were sweet :), but I'd like to emphasize that was good you didn't concentrate on the relationship more than on what Yugi and his friends had gone through, the heavy burden on Yugis shoulder, the fear of not being worth anything. It was, I must admit, sometimes a little too much for my taste, at least at the top of the drama, but having been in an (but "just" emotional) abusive relationship in the past myself, I could relate to Yugi in some way, especially at the beginning of the story when you still made us believe that Jack did somehow love Yugi and just got out of control (Of course, until we knew it was all planned). It made me think alot, because it isn't just something fictional. It really happens.

And by the way, I somehow felt sorry for Yami throughout the whole story, because really, he tried to understand everyone, he just wanted to help and be there for Yugi. He even accepted how little his influence in Yugis life was, since they didn't really know each other. His speech part was very little, often he just replied in a few words to some question of Joey and Anzu. And though in the end they somehow accepted him, it didn't really feel as if much had changed. I feel so sorry for him, he had such a kind and loving part, but nobody seemed to acknowledge it. Not even Yugi. At the end I was glad though, when they moved in together. It felt very much as if things were about to change then. That maybe was my favorite chapter. And ... I hated Jack. You really made him so mean and dangerous. I was really glad when Yugi survived also the second time he tried to kill him.

Thank you for writing and sharing this story with us. I enjoyed it very much, and that means I lived through it in all its intensity. Please keep writing, no matter if fanfiction or not. You did a great job with this one. -AkuZeku (P.S.: Sorry if I made mistakes in English or if something sounds very odd. English isn't my mother tongue.)