Reviews for To Tell a Hawk From a Handsaw
tarrangar chapter 8 . 5/20/2019
It's not like Soun willingly house Happosai, he's just too terrified of him to resist, so it's not Soun being an accomplice, it's Soun being blackmailed.

And aside from that Soun is trying to handle Happosai, he just also knows Happosai, and that means he know neither he, nor anyone he or the council has access to, can beat Happosai in combat, so his tactic for handling Happosai, is accomodating him for now, and waiting until Happosai has let his guard down enough, that he and Genma can pull a repeat on how they handled him last time.

It might take years, but Soun probably believe that it's the best chance they have, either they manage to trick Happosai, and lock him in another cave, or they wait for Ranma to grow strong enough, that he can subdue Happosai with their help, and until they believe either of those plans will work, they do whatever he says, because they only get so many chances to betray him, and they think they can only win against him by surprise.

But we mustn't forget Genma and Soun locked Happosai in that cave, they well proved that they hate Happosai back then, and absolutely want to get rid of him, they just wait with actually doing it until it will work.

That's probably also why Soun decided to lead the councils efforts against Happosai, he believed they couldn't win, so it was better to save them the money it would cost to try, and get him a little more trusted by Happosai, so his next betrayal gambit would work.
Lighthopperhoop chapter 8 . 4/29/2019
This was fun.
Guest chapter 2 . 12/27/2018
I'm loving this.
zephyr hb chapter 8 . 11/24/2018
Pretty good story. I love how many of the crazy dialoges of Ranma sound like poetry.
zekses chapter 8 . 11/20/2018
First chapter was a great crack with amusing leaps of logic ... and it should have stayed that. Because chapters are just slightly amusing repeated character bashing.
SignDowny chapter 8 . 8/31/2018
You've had me laughing at the top of my lungs so many times through this story that my throat is sore. Thank you so much for a wonderful story. I enjoyed it from beginning to end.
Hashirama 1710 chapter 6 . 8/19/2018
madara can learn a thing or two from ranma
ScbaStv chapter 8 . 7/13/2018
I'm not a writer, but I can only assume it takes a careful balancing act to incorporate a plot with the hijinks you planed for Ranma's character. Id definitely agree that with the inclusion of Yanagawa, some sanity was introduced back into the story but it did get it moving towards a conclusion so I can't say it was a mistake. That and I was starting to wonder if Ranma was really crazy. lol. Still it did work and I I did enjoy your story. It may not be as you planned and I think you did finish it rather abruptly but based on what I think your goals for story were, I think you achieved them. Thank you for writing!
Guest chapter 8 . 5/18/2018
I enjoyed this story very much
anon chapter 4 . 1/11/2018
Ranma's getting more like a certain other famous Gendo, who is also a horrifically bad parent.
I can just imagine him with glasses and a neckbeard now, steepling his fingers and making plans for how to bring about a controlled Third Impact.
anon chapter 3 . 1/11/2018
"Hmm. Sounds like my sister. She hasn't started dabbling in pharmaceuticals, has she?"
top jej
anon chapter 2 . 1/11/2018
Sweet Black fucking Sabbath. This is giving me a swag boner only 2 chapters in.
anon chapter 1 . 1/11/2018
Ranma is indeed OOC.
However, frankly, I just don't give a shit. The fic is too good for that to ruin it.
Guest chapter 8 . 12/12/2017
I would have ended it with it being too late.
That she had her chance.
But I can accept this was a comedy and not a tragedy.

Thank you for writing this.
SilentSnowLeopardNinja chapter 8 . 3/25/2017
This is actually pretty enjoyable and I think Ranma wasn't acting all that mad or insane...more eccentric and bluntly honest mixed with philosophy. It's everyone else that was crazy, idiotic, or just failing to comprehend anything he said. Even when he was being pretty clear and repetitive.