Reviews for Playing in the Shadows
Aki WildQueen chapter 1 . 1/31/2015
So adorable.. even when pulling wings from bugs. Thanks for the fic!
-Aki
kenni no. 1 chapter 1 . 9/18/2013
oh, i like. have you read 'The Way of the Wind' by just enough? this reminds me of the mother and son flashbacks in that story.
clairesque chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
That was insanely sweet. And kind of tragic, in hindsight. But still.

ITACHI. Hoshit, why are you SO CUTE.
KendrixTermina chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
Hm... interesting, sort of makes you think, I like how this puts a certain ambiguity into the characters... and, of course, the overall sense of foreboding and the painful depiction of, yknow, innocence that was later lost.

The topic of Mikoto and Itachi is rarely adressed, but I thought that the fact that Sasuke was clearly her favorite and that the only thing we ever saw her say to him is "Do your homework!" merits some exploration...
BruHaeven chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
I NEVER REVIEWED THIS EITHER? I need to catch up on my shee-it.

This, I think, may actually be one of my favourite things you've ever written. It's childish in that Itachi's a child but foreboding at the same time and it's that darkness that constantly hovering on the periphery that makes my insides all warm and fuzzy in a, oooooohhhh I know what's coming and it ain't good sort of way. ;] So yus. Me likey. Me also meesh you and your writings.
junealondra chapter 1 . 3/10/2012
dood. i freaking am obsessed with this. fo' real.

it is poignant. (as an aside, i'd like to let you know that I've been trying to use the word poignant in daily speech for the past 3432109 days. therefore, anything you write that is remotely emotional will now be deemed poignant.)

anyways, i thought i'd leave you some love via reviews.. although, let's be real - you always have my love :P

LOVE ITACHI.

LOVE THIS FICCY.

LOVE YO WRITING.

SO. .

poignant.
Ky-lassassin chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
this was so...i think the word i'm looking for is bittersweet, because we know how itachi ends up but i love that you showed us a time when he was more innocent. i love the way you write description, particularly the wings of the cicada - you really give a vivid picture of the scene. and the line, "i thought that was only butterflies" was a great way to let us know that this wasn't the first time he had done something like this without going into too much detail and taking away from the main story. great job!
Kaze and Kiba chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
Very real. I have even had a similar talk with my own son and daughter. To bad more ninjas didn't have good mommies like Mikoto, it might have made peace easier.

Good job on the story, LR.