Reviews for higher ground
settingthesunrise chapter 1 . 7/16/2013
This was so beautiful. I loved every bit of it.
thehazeleyedloser chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
“His first night there, he dreams of fire; of flames licking at his shoes as he herds a girl with hair the color of cornsilk under a fence to safety. The dream shifts and suddenly the girl is being burned alive, her golden hair turned black by fiery explosions of his making.”

it’s GalePrim on a guilt trip and i can’t even—
lets.make.it.rain chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
You made my eyes tear a bit. [Not in a gory way, cause that would be scary, but you know when someone writes something so heart wrenching that you can't help those salty, clear fluid from escaping the eyeballs?]

anyways, that sounded a bit weird, but, 'you know what I mean.'

LOVED THIS.
skittyscatter chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
Have I mentioned that I seem to love just about anything you write? I mean, you just about described Gale's guilt perfectly here.
a quarter tone apart chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
There's this weird painful sensation in my chest and I think it's all of my GALE FEELS for this fantastically beautiful story. Well written. Just beautiful.
Lillith Evans chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
This is heart-wrenching. I didn't actually like Gale much in the books, but I think that had something to do with how Collins wrote him. I just didn't feel myself relating to him all that much and he was too similar to Katniss for me to appreciate him as an individual.

But in your story, my god I was all 'GALE!' (the way I normally am 'PEETA!' ) I don't think it was his fault what happened with Prim. Things come from ideas and in the end what happened, happened and they couldn't take it back. It's sweet the way you wrapped all of this up.

All, in all, I loved it :D
AnonymousReviewFairy chapter 1 . 3/30/2012
WAAAAAHH! Why did Prim have to die? :'''(

Awesome job!

Rant warning:

I hated how Katniss seemed to think that Prim's death was his fault! I really really really don't think that Gale planned the bombing. I think when he designed that bomb he intended it for use in the war against armed enemies. I also didn't like that he just left Katniss. Although I suspect that he had a lot of (mostly emotional) scars and just needed to heal. In my mind he came back in a few years and Katniss and him became best friends again :) sorry for the rant.

Again, this was really well written and just plain awesome, I 3 you're writing style
xLittle Black Star chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
Ohmy *gosh* Gale. Gale! I mean he never was my favorite but this makes me really feel for him in a way nothing ever has. Gaah I love this.
marblesharp chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
Beautiful. Out of the many Gale-Prim-forgiveness stories, this one is easily the most thoughtful and well-written. Amazing job!
PockySnowshadow chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
This is wonderfully written, and I think your dialog and characters are spot on!
steepedinwords chapter 1 . 2/7/2012
bittersweet and oh, poor Gale.
thecivilunrest chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
/District 12 is a graveyard.

[well, not literally, but you know.]/

Oh gosh. This is just. Just beautiful, seriously.

This whole fic is beautiful, really. Just the idea of it and Gale and just ugh. It's gorgeous. I love how you wrote Gale in this. He's pretty much perfect, gosh.

/Prim would have wanted me to, he reasons with himself. As his boots crunch against the gravel of the front walk, he smiles. Who would have thought you'd make me braver?/

Oh wow. Oh wow oh wow. I love how much that says about Prim being important to him.

I love how he talks to himself, how crazy everything is, how it almost seems like he hates District 2. Everything.

This is fabulous, darling, fabulous. (:
Dance Elle Dance chapter 1 . 2/1/2012
Oh my gosh...this was just so beautiful.

I love how you wrote this. GalePrim is one of my favorites and I loved how you captured their relationship here. Your wording was beautiful...you've just done a really nice piece of work with this.

Hope to read more from you soon!
Solaryllis chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
Lovely and realistic.
andthenshesaid chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
Oh, wow, this is heartbreaking. Gale is sososo perfect - all guilty and sad and everything. And I like Maeve, mostly for her name and also because I get attached to background characters, but. She's good.

Also - "District 12 is a graveyard [well, not literally, but you know.] Aasljkfd. Feelings.