Reviews for Satisfaction
Dina C chapter 1 . 3/16/2014
Beautiful exploration of what is at the core of their relationship. So nicely done. Thanks for sharing.
Twisha chapter 1 . 5/14/2013
Awww...that really is all that Mal needs. I love how you get in their heads and explore their miscommunications that are, from his and her perspective, correct. I like it.
GuppyintheOcean chapter 1 . 2/16/2013
So complex, so beautiful.
JustAWriterWannaBe chapter 1 . 2/16/2013
Sweet! Excellent story, well crafted!
MagicGirl41 chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
Oh my gods, you write like Jane Austin. I am in love.
Twyger chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
Nice chapter. These two are in character also - nicely done. Love how the language has changed from the Castle stories. Thank you!
TVjas chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
This was great. I wish you would continue to write about them. This was just one of the storylines I wanted to see more of. If you are tempted to write more, Morena said in an interview that Inara had a secret and that was that she was dying. That puts an interesting twist on things.
one.twilight.sun chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
This story left me with so many gorram feelings it's ridiculous :)
Patient131071 chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
Great piece of prose, here, and you captured the nature of their relationship extremely well.
La Bitca chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
This and the sort-of-prequel were very enjoyable to read. It's weird to think of hardass Mal as this bumbling, nervous guy, but it makes sense when Inara's involved, and you really pulled it off. Makes me want to re-watch Firefly!
Ty chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
I love your diction, I hope you continue this series.
SerenityHope chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
LOVE THIS!
Bytemite chapter 1 . 2/1/2012
I think it got a little vague at the end, but you have some good lines here. I hope to see more writing from you.
lychee loving chapter 1 . 1/31/2012
This was lovely! It takes some skill to tell a story like this where conversations happen without writing the actual dialogue. Prose is one of my worst enemies, I'm rather jealous at the amount of thought and emotion that shines through your words - the characters' actions and little inner monologues.

"To an outsider she would have appeared impassive but what he saw was a trickle of honest emotions to which she dare not give liberties. He abandoned the cloth altogether and caressed her foot, working her muscles with his gently fumbling fingers while staring back at her, his own expression shaded with a vulnerability where others would have seen only confidence."

That garnered a wistful "Oh!" from me, out loud. I got some strange stares from around the library.

Also, I like that it seems that Inara really did have an unfortunate, mostly harmless accident here, and not an attempted rape case resulting in her crumbling into Mal's arms. At least, that's how I read this!
writtenwordlover chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
Oh gosh, feet massaging and comforting, what can I say, except I’m so freaking glad you choose this pairing to explore, they're fascinating, but most of all what draws me to them and fics about them which you’ve illustrated so well here, is the love they have for each other as a fellow human rather than what they do, him the petty thief and her the Companion, which are both morally ambiguous within the context of the show.

Mal loves the person, same for her, she doesn’t want him to be her client anymore than Mal would ever be a client, and it’s all so beautiful, swooning and crying at the same time.

Thanks for posting.