Reviews for A Hot Stove and a Pretty Girl
Crystalzap chapter 1 . 11/23/2012
aww thats nice :)
SubRosa7 chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
I think you did a great job with dialogue in this story, the snarky, clever Peter-and-Neal back and forth as the cloth covering much more serious issues.
gnbrules chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
Ah, too sweet. :)
ferryboat George chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
Nice
andaere chapter 1 . 2/1/2012
Aw, I really liked this. Short, but effective, believable, and in character. I do wish Neal and Peter talked like this more often on the show. Maybe they'd get along a bit better then. ;) Thanks for sharing this!
andaere chapter 1 . 2/1/2012
Twinchy chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
This is a terrific and very well-written story!

You did a marvellous job of portraying how much the two of them care for each other (all the while bantering lest it sound too serious, and therefore uncomfortable) and truly are on the same wave length most of the time.

The characterizations were spot-on too IMHO, and I really adored the meaningful final sentence. BTW, LOL at Neal's suggestion of trying for a restaining order against Peter... Somehow I doubt that works with your probation supervisor. *snickers*

Although I'm not entirely sure whether Neal would have used the phrase (pretty bluntly, I might add) "Because you're old". I imagine he would have at least said "older" instead in order to not sound offensive, even if Peter knew what he meant.

Particularly given the fact that - even though their age hasn't been revealed on the show, yet to my knowledge - the two of them aren't that far apart. Peter is only maybe ten to fifteen years older than Neal, give or take. While that's quite a bit, it's not all that much of a difference, either.
Duffy1 chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
What a really sweet story. We need more like this. Thank you.
ButtermilkCavalry chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
You know you need to write more for White Collar, right? NCIS is good and all but - nobody who can write Peter and Neal that well in character can turn away from this fandom.
pechika chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
Cute story.
MarbleGlove chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
This is wonderful.
FutureFBIAgent chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
Just gotta say, I loved this. Although I didn't really get the reference about the hot stove and the pretty girl, I thought this was witty and cute. And I think that you know the characters really well. There were absolutely no out-of-character moments that could've thrown off the story like I see in too many fictions too count. You did a great job on this!