Reviews for You Never Know If You Don't Try
Anonny chapter 17 . 10/28
For someone who's spent years suffering from insomnia, Mac seems to be doing an awful lot of sleeping... Are we sure there isn't something already in the oven? A bun, perhaps? :-)
Anonny chapter 16 . 10/28
"...and we brought along a ring bearer, who fell asleep in the front pew about five minutes ago."

Cute - really liked that bit. I had a vision of him on his stomach with his head turned towards the back of the pew and legs pulled up, sleeping on one of those thin pew cushions with his mouth hanging open a little and someone having to watch him to make sure he doesn't fall off - pew can be so narrow!
Anonny chapter 15 . 10/28
I can comment on this chapter with authority (curls fingers up, blows on fingernails and polishes them proudly and superciliously on shirt ;-D ) because funnily enough, I was just looking up this very topic a few days ago.

They CAN get married the same day if they slip across the Potomac into Virginia. They have to wait in D.C. and Maryland unless they have just cause for a judge to rule otherwise (which they don't). However, they CAN'T get married that day because the Admiral needs a heads up to transfer one of them. ('Married officers can't serve in the same chain of command.' - Ep 03x20 - Imposter)

(I feel smart, now! :-D )

P.S. Enjoying the story, minor points ignored. :-)
jareya chapter 35 . 4/6/2013
Awww very sweet. I thought you'd planned to end with the birth, but since you're still willing to keep going (yay!), you could just give us some insight into how they fare as first-time parents, their struggles etc - especially with balancing work and parenthood, and then maybe end it with a milestone, like a special occasion (anniversary, Lori's first steps or first birthday etc), maybe even a second pregnancy if you're up to keeping it going a little longer
jareya chapter 28 . 4/6/2013
Oh wow... awesome of Chegwidden to mediate here, and nice to see them in lovey-dovey newlywed mode again, but now there's another crisis (which is always the case in life)... Well-written as always, you captured the panic of the moment.
jareya chapter 27 . 4/6/2013
Wow... what a clash! I guess it was inevitable since Mic made such an awful and disrespectful comment. I like that Mac always stands up for herself! Despite not liking Mic for Mac, I can understand why he would feel hurt that she moved on so quickly... and he's right, she wasn't faithful to him in her heart and mind; she was always thinking of Harm.
jareya chapter 26 . 4/6/2013
Oh no, Brumby! Interesting development... but seems like Mac freaked out instead of just telling him everything. Can't wait to see what happens next.
jareya chapter 25 . 4/6/2013
How sweet of Frank and the Admiral! Harm and Mac have great father figures.
jareya chapter 23 . 4/5/2013
What a great visit, joyful and loving.
jareya chapter 21 . 4/5/2013
Great bonding session - the relationship between Trish and Mac is something I always wanted to see onscreen; I love how you portrayed them here.
jareya chapter 20 . 4/5/2013
Very sweet, loved seeing this from Trish's perspective.
jareya chapter 18 . 4/5/2013
Love Harm in protective-dad-to-be mode... so cute.
jareya chapter 6 . 4/5/2013
Really lovely chapter, I agree with you about Mac, she would probably have more doubts while Harm would probably be more secure in their relationship. She would worry about her capacity to love and be loved, more so than Harm. You have an excellent understanding of the characters.
jareya chapter 5 . 4/5/2013
Beautifully written chapter, and I totally agree with you that if they'd had these sorts of deep conversations, they wouldn't have had those frustrations and problems.
jareya chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
Great first chapter, I can't believe I haven't come across this story before in one of my desperate searches for H/M shipper fics, maybe I did but lost track of it. Anyway, I'm glad to have found it now because I love the concept. PS I totally agree with Mac about 'the dance' - it was so maddening by this point.