Reviews for Pieces of Ourselves
DonnaMLevy chapter 13 . 9/30/2013
Great story...would live more!
beaglelover719 chapter 13 . 8/16/2012
This is really good, I hope you haven't abandoned it because I really want them to catch the clients, and I'm really hopeful that you will have the friendship between JJ and Hotch progress to something more. I really like what you've done with the story, you've captured the "voices" of the team members very well and the story is engaging and poignant. Thank you for sharing it. :)
Westie80 chapter 13 . 8/6/2012
More please
Graveygraves chapter 13 . 4/11/2012
Thank you for the updates - sorry it has taken me a while to catch up with the reading. You are dealing with this story with such sensitivity and building the layers of emotions well.
ficdirectory chapter 13 . 4/7/2012
Loved the little bit about JJ at home with all the lights on. Hope things start looking up for her soon.
chiroho chapter 13 . 4/7/2012
I think that you capture both Hotch and Rossi really well in this chapter. Hotch is very driven, especially in this sort of situation where he's trying to help out a friend, and even more so when that friend is JJ. He's trying to do everything he can to bring the closure he thinks she needs.

And in the mean time, Dave is watching out for his friend, trying to push him delicately into the things he knows he should be doing - being there more for JJ.

Both very much in character, and both well written.

Liked the conversation between both men, and the closing with JJ at the end. They just need to realise that they can open up to each other a little more. :)

Thanks for writing.

And if you ever want to take a look at something little I wrote, I posted a piece on Hotch thinking of JJ last weekend. Yes, shameless self promotion. :(
whimsical-one-ga chapter 12 . 3/25/2012
nice chapter, thanks for updating, looking forward to 13
ficdirectory chapter 12 . 3/25/2012
Loved JJ's conversation with Rossi and his deliberate nature with her. And while I still haven't forgotten Reid's behavior from earlier, I like that he's unequivocally himself. Oh, and I loved the detail about what was in Emily's casket! I can't wait to read what happens next!
chiroho chapter 12 . 3/24/2012
Based on Hotch's reaction in the hospital, I can certainly understand why JJ wouldn't want him there for everything - especially that part of the discussion.

Makes sense that Rossi would be the first to arrive. He is, after all, the closet gossip of the BAU. He was probably looking out his office window, ready to jump up as soon as he saw her. ;-) And I like how you have him profile her correctly and have him reach for her shoulder very slowly. He's a very smart man when it comes to that sort of thing.

Reid is so very Reid. Having him talk away, with the odd "yes" and "no", could certainly take up an hour. It's a way of gradually adjusting. And when it comes to "what's been happening", there is a lot.

Thanks for posting.
whimsical-one-ga chapter 11 . 3/18/2012
Yikes what a nightmare, poor JJ, makes me hurt for her just a little bit before I remind myself that this is fiction, even if written so realistically. Glad Hotch is there for support and knows when not to push. Looking forward to 12
whimsical-one-ga chapter 10 . 3/18/2012
Good to see case resolution going on as well as dealing with the more personal arc, glad Hotch was able to ride like a white knight to JJ's rescue, she really needs her friends right now, runs to read ch. 11
breverson chapter 11 . 3/13/2012
Awww. Hotch is tender and caring towards JJ. And he allows her own space, while supporting her. I suspect JJ will endure another nightmare.
ficdirectory chapter 11 . 3/12/2012
Oh, that nightmare was horrible. To get an inside view of what JJ experienced definitely helps in understanding all she is dealing with. I LOVE Hotch stopping at the doorway of Jack's room, and JJ wondering if he did it by chance, or to let her know it was a safe space, just for her. Wonderful details.
chiroho chapter 11 . 3/12/2012
Another great chapter.

While we did see some of what was happening in the actual episode, obviously there was nothing of what happened in your AU with JJ. And while certainly not "nice", it goes a long way to explain what's going on with her, and why she needs to both be alone and yet also around people.

As a suggestion, maybe you could italicise the flashback section, so it's more obvious that it's not in the normal timeline?

I like the conversation between Hotch and JJ in that he's trying to get her to open up, but isn't pushing, and that he's happy for her just to be talking - even if it's not about what he'd like her to be saying. Of course, talking to someone like Hotch about what she went through would be quite intimidating, even if it didn't involve what she actually experienced! (Btw, you have "Shoe couldn't even let herself worry ...". Think you mean "She ...")

Hopefully Jack's bed actually imparts some good dreams to JJ, little boy's dreams perhaps, instead of what she was dreaming out earlier.

As for your first time writing some of these characters, you're doing very well with them. Doesn't seem like you write Hotch much, and he can be very difficult to capture, but I'm enjoying what I read. Thanks for choosing to make this JJ/Hotch, and capturing them so well.
Graveygraves chapter 10 . 3/10/2012
So I came back for more today as I was totally hooked and you definately don't disappoint. Your charactersation across the team is spot on - looking forward to more.
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »