Reviews for A Step out of the Door
JubileeKnight chapter 1 . 8/23/2013
I really enjoyed this. I just started watching White Collar and reading the fanfiction, and I had to look up my so that I could review.
ferryboat George chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
Nice insights, I like him asking June for help
November Leaving chapter 1 . 2/1/2012
I found this to be quite the perfect one-shot that bridges Checkmate and Upper West Sider. Hope your exams are going well.
Harm Marie chapter 1 . 1/31/2012
Liked this.
Duffy1 chapter 1 . 1/31/2012
Good story, and no whump or slash. Thank you.
WynonaRose chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
Great little story. Thanks for writing!
Love82 chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
This is a great fill in between the episodes. I love June in this.
Twinchy chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
Well, knowing Neal, not messing up (again) might prove harder than he thinks :-P but, much like June suggested, it's the effort that counts.

I agree with you (and Neal); had Peter not tended (even subconsciously) towards giving Neal another chance - at least at proving he deserved one - , he would have called Keller on his statement way earlier. Still, that so doesn't undo the younger man's misbehaviour, which is why he's struggling so hard to find a way to make Peter see he really regrets what happened.

And while the agent surely must be blind to not know how contrite Neal is, I understand why he feels hesitant about reaching out with his hand (and not only in the light of the offered hearing). After all, it's been about two years of working together and and keeping his charge on the straight and narrow, and it's certainly pretty frustrating to see Neal still mess up in much the same way as when he was just released into his custody.

No matter how much Peter values their friendship and their fruitious partnership (which he does without any doubt), if he doesn't recognize any progress in Neal's reformation, he's bound to give up at some point - for the sake of Neal's sanity and his own. Which is to say, this might not be that time, but it's pretty darn close, I would imagine.

Very well done and fabulously thought-out missing scene, Lianne! I particularly enjoyed June offering motherly advice.
JeanneZ84 chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
June gave Neal excellent advise.

JeanneZ84
caffrey girl chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
That was beautifully represented. And I liked how you potrayed June as well. I wonder what they'll do on the show about the hearing.
govgal chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
Nice filler between episodes!
citiesofsouls chapter 1 . 1/30/2012