Reviews for The Fragmented
PieceofTrash chapter 1 . 18h
This breaks my heart, but it was completely worth it. Your writing style is so beautiful, and L & Light were portrayed so well. I really enjoyed reading this.
Maiko Chinatsu chapter 1 . 7/18/2014
I'm very glad you wrote this. I never looked at DN from this perspective before and it's made me re-think some of L's tactics and motives. When watching the anime it's so easy to (for me at least) to root for L and I truly despised Light for killing him. Looking at what it must have felt like for Light, especially during his "innocent" phase, makes me sympathise with him a lot more. The Yaoi that wasn't canon still fits in this fic as it serves to underline how unhealthy situation already was and added another emotional layer. Well done!
Thanks for posting!
IFeelAliveAgain chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
Oh God. That ending... So heartbreaking. It's making me think. This was so well-written, and I was intrigued.
Wind Whisperer chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
This is great.
Professor Sexymore chapter 1 . 3/22/2012
Ah, so sad yet so good! Very much in character. I love it when they're in character; it somehow makes the fanfic so much more powerful.
Wilde About Oscar chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
This is such an amazing story. I honestly don't know why it doesn't have more reviews. The characterization was flawless, and the attention to detail really enriched the narration. And the end was just perfect. I'm doing this on my phone so I can't leave a longer review, but just...adjfgsjfhgdkgjd. Definitely one of the best Death Note stories out there.
CatsGurl98 chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
I... really liked that surprisingly, even though I'm not big on M rated fics. One really funny thing happened while I was reading this- during the part where they first kiss, I was listending to the radio and it plays "In My Head" by Jason Derulo, which was very appr0priate, especially the line- "youll be screaming NOOOOO" when Light pulled away :) Sad ending, but overall, very much like how the characters would really act!
Karoimirth chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
Hi :D

So the first thing I'll say is that I like this topic. One thing that both annoyed and relieved me was that Death Note didn't address at all the psicological effects of Light and Misa's imprisonment and mock execution. Annoyed me because in such an extreme situation, there's obviously going to be some trauma left and an anime that good shouldn't ignore that. (Though since it isn't that important to the plot, there wasn't any need to show it, really. One can speculate. Perhaps it was there were he lost his mind)

And relieved me because it's a horrible thing, and it's easier to cope with if one simply forgets the fact. ..If not, were would all my happy LxLight fics be? xD

So I both like and dislike this fics, being a slap in the face for my inner fangirl's happiness, but a well needed dose of reality.

So the fic starts picturing Light in the little dark world that is his cell, remembering good old times by the sound of a straw. Something so simple, but that seems to mean so much now that he has nothing.

The caos in the execution is painful. "...sending white hot signals of pain coursing through his skull, through his self.." And later, how little Light barely registers the things going on around him.

".. but they feel detached now, almost as if they belong to somebody else." After a traumatic experience, usually there is a sense if irreality. Detached and disconected from who he was before.

This scene where he is cutting his hair is right after the one before? God, the atmosphere is so tense and awful it hurts! You did a wonderful work there.

..Why is the weight of the world on their shoulders? There you caught me ._.

"Water drips miserably onto the shower floor behind them." The paaaaain!

" reality harsher than any metaphor." I like when people are in the worst posible situation and they think of useless things out of nowhere. It's almost funny how the mind wanders.

"(feeling numb except for the horrific pain in his chest)" Something to point out is that L's death in this fic is surprisingly... silent. It's not a bad thing at all, but certainly different, original. I've read this scene hundreds of times, and I've always felt it loud, like someone was screaming in my ear, causing me to panic. Now I feel melancolic, numb and silent pain.

The ending closes the whole thing perfectly.

Asdf, I really love your style TuT. I think I could recognize it, perhaps not anywhere, but something like that xD.

No matter how much emotion it holds, it's always.. gentle, soft.

I still love Hokkaido more, but that's just because of the plot and adorable ending. What can I say, I love that stuff, haha.

*Hugs*

And my dad says hi!
MysteriousInferior chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
Amazing.

Completely and truly amazing. I can't even find the words to describe. Your style is beautiful, and you kept them entirely in character. This is what I like to find in a fic :)
samalane chapter 1 . 2/1/2012
Ah this was so well done! Sad, really sad actually, but I did love the last line. Somehow it really tied the whole thing together!

I liked how you included the small, almost unnecessary details - little things that really humanized the two of them and even made things a little more domestic. I actually prefer to write/read about simple things like that because L and Light are so grand and incredible that I'm more interested in how they would act in a home-like/comfortable setting.

Hmm, I have no idea if this makes sense, I only woke up about an hour ago. Anyways, I loved this and am glad to see more from you! I'll be keeping a lookout for more!
Viyola chapter 1 . 1/31/2012
I LOVE your writing! When I saw this story I knew to expect something good and I was so not disappointed! I loved it! I am not sure where to begin, but this is by far the best story I've read in a while - I love complete, meaningful, well written one shots and this was it! :))) Thanks for writing this!
bloodrippedcupcake chapter 1 . 1/31/2012