Reviews for Our Sudden and Strange Return
becgate chapter 1 . 3/17
Loved it! !
Rose10117 chapter 1 . 2/24/2014
This would be the best Sherlock episode ever. My favorite part is when Lestrade and tell Sherlock and Mycroft that John never left London. Very well done. :)
Shara Raizel chapter 1 . 10/1/2013
another fantastic sherlock story. I love that john took action, managed to fool Microft and formed his own plans. Much better than some other stories I've read where he just kind of falls into a depression and does nothing but mourn. Lestrade being in on it was a nice touch too. :)
jack63kids chapter 1 . 8/27/2013
This is a fantastic tale. Really clever set-up and subplots that fit well with canon but stretch it beyond what we know in subtle and intelligent ways. The writing style is easy and gripping, with good descriptive passages and believable conversation and characterisation.

This really has the potential of being a truly great story. For me at least, 10,000 words is too long for a single chapter and not quite long enough to do justice to this wonderful work. There are times when you tell us rather than showing us, and that is a shame.
The only other thing I'd suggest is taking care not to change tenses, it can be confusing. Story telling tense is generally the past tense as you don't know when the reader will be reading. I'd make an exception for some circumstances of telling in the 1st person. Also a couple of inconsequential typos - but hey! Who's complaining when the fic is this good!

The chapter is so long that it's hard to pick out a few fav moments and examples of why I like the prose so much, and not just the plot. I shall try, however: John's salute to Mycroft's cameras is a fav moment and I like how you use that during the story to illustrate motive.
I particularly like this line: ' "Keep safe, John," he orders the six month old file. '
Your use of the Homeless network, and especially Trench Coat Laura, is great and also Mycroft's nemesis, Sheila - I was rather hoping you'd write more about both of those redoubtable women until I noticed the year you've written these in - 2012 and '13 as I'd thought.

I am going to comfort myself with the fact you have written 46 more stories... However, I do so hope you've just been taking a break and will be back soon... please!
librophile chapter 1 . 5/11/2013
I love how half the story was in Mycroft's viewpoint, then switched off for the finale. Very fitting - and I must say John's reaction was very like him. I am curious about where he managed to get the handcuffs, though. Did Lestrade give them to him?

I only noticed one typo, 'you, Lestrade, and .' I think you meant to type Mrs. Hudson's name in the blank but it got erased somehow.
bamf1010 chapter 1 . 5/6/2013
I don't think I've ever fallen for a fanfiction twist before but you did it. That was so good! I love it when John shows off how awesome he really is and even better when he manages to surprise Sherlock AND Mycroft. And so well written. You made my day :)
YYHfan-KB chapter 1 . 5/6/2013
That was...amazing, the story was very, very well written and I loved how smooth the plot flowed.

Bravo,

_ KB
Puggle chapter 1 . 4/1/2013
Really great piece. Thank you so much for sharing.
Deanadelyon chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
Brilliant. Very plausible, true-to-character and nicely paced. Well done.
Cheers.
MadaMag chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
You wrote my story! (or, a story exactly for me)
With the small exception that I wanted for my John to help Sherlock not only in London, but aboard as well (yes, with help of his army buddies) :D
Kokoroyume chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
Really good story :)

I liked it ! Thank you !
thesunwillshineclear chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
Oh, the plot twists! Loved the idea that John was better at lock-picking than Sherlock was :) This was just fantastic and I loved how you wormed your other story into the plot :D
Falling-Petal84 chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
Woah, it took me some time to read this, I had this waiting for me for some time in my browser and it certainly was worth it!

I enjoyed this so much, this was really well written and well thought out!

And I loved how both of them reacted. Sherlock absolutely deserved this punch XD And I couldn't help it but I thought it was so cute when he started to talk to John's clothes because he actually admitted himself to regret his decision and miss John.
SupernaturalGeek chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
What an absolutely terrific idea, to have John realise Sherlock was still alive and to then fabricate his own disappearance to help however he could; it is something which felt very in character for him too.

Speaking of being in character everyone from Sherlock to Mycroft to Lestrade felt very true to how they are onscreen and it was easy to hear their voices while I was reading. I did smile at Mycroft asking Lestrade to allow him time to move out of the way if he was going to punch Sherlock, once it became clear he hadn't let John in on his plans.

I also thought it was a nice touch for John to make Sherlock truly understand what it had been like for him and his anger was completely understandable, as was the fact he didn't allow it to go on too long. However mad he might be at him in the end his relief/joy at Sherlock still being alive will naturally override that.

Their reunion was touching and sweet yet never went over the top or felt AU. In fact I think it was during those scenes back at Baker Street that both Sherlock and John seemed most in character, especially John's amusement with Sherlock's attempts to cook them breakfast.

I really did enjoy it and if the third series has something even half as good as this for the first episode I shall be happy :)
Ann Jinn chapter 1 . 1/31/2012
Amazing. Loved the twist with John and the homeless. Lots of thought and an excellent job.

Great between the two characters also. Two guys, one long "dead" finally talking it out.