Reviews for Almost Paradise
AALiz chapter 4 . 12/2/2012
I'm so glad to see this story back . It is one of my favorites. Keep writing, I'll keep reading
Sherri chapter 4 . 11/20/2012
A great read as aways, I was happy to see a update.
Guest chapter 4 . 11/19/2012
Love it. And love that you're posting again! Thanks for the read, you never dissopoint.
QuasiOuster chapter 4 . 11/19/2012
It's good to see more of this story. I think you're still doing a wonderful job articulating something that's so complicated and dark (but with promise of important growth). Besides the realism of your descriptions, I'm struck by how well you articulate Allison's struggles. It's hard enough making sense of a violation such as hers but doing so with a partner stirs up all kinds of unforseen issues. The way you're exploring that continues to be really fascinating.
jazphace chapter 4 . 11/19/2012
They are so great for each other!
Newtons3rdlaw chapter 4 . 11/19/2012
I am impressed with the details of the scene and exploration of each characters emotion. Not only the primary emotions, but underlying as well. I was drawn in. I know you think it's coming along slowly, but well worth the wait to me as a reader. Please be continue to use your determination to finish this story.
Dragon77 chapter 4 . 11/18/2012
I can’t wait to read what happens next.
cendella chapter 4 . 11/18/2012
She's back! What an intense and engrossing update. Your ability to weave words leaves me speechless. The use of metaphor, your ability to turn a phrase makes me, and I am not afraid to admit, envious. I like that Allison realizes and was able to convey to Jack that this is not an easy fix. Too often with a television show, you have an issue or conflict and by the next episode, the problem has been fixed. This is an in-depth look into their relationship, one that you are able to flesh out and keep the reader interested. I LOVE that she loves Jack even though he is being a pain in the ass, but it's all done out of concern for her and she understands this. I can't wait for the next chapter. *clears throat* I say again...I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER...(and yes, I am yelling at you.) ;)
Newtons3rdlaw chapter 3 . 11/8/2012
I known that I am late to reading your story but I love the time you take to draw the reader in. Please continue, and finish out this story. I would love to see where you take it, and how you close it.
Willoa-.-Tara chapter 3 . 7/30/2012
Please update soon I need more Allie and Jack :) so far love this story
Guest chapter 3 . 7/21/2012
Fabulous, simply fabulous. I think you captured Jack and Allison's personalities perfectly.

Cant wait to read more stories from you.
QuasiOuster chapter 3 . 7/15/2012
I like the POV switch. It gives the story another layer of depth. It's interesting to see this experience through Allison's eyes but when I see the other side of the coin, it gets me thinking about their interactions in another kind of way. The perspective also makes me ponder episodes down the road and how these emotions you're fleshing out here may have influenced who Jack wants to be with/to Allison. And you've provided a nice set-up for getting into some more heavy (but great) stuff between the two.

I hope the story has stopped fighting you, LOL. I'm looking forward to reading more.
QuasiOuster chapter 2 . 7/15/2012
Angst is a good thing here. And most importantly, as you've acknowledged, it needs to be there to be true to this character and what she's experienced. My favorite part about this chapter is how it's self-contained within the rest of the story. It has it's own conflict and resolution that get's a full arc. Given how you've framed this story with it being about a series of interactions over a stretch of time, that seems like the way to go.
QuasiOuster chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
I so enjoy stories that show the stuff we didn't see on-screen! More than anything, I really responded to the mood of this chapter. It's an awesome setup. It made their conversation seem that much more intense for the both of them. Skewing dark really worked here. I also like how you showed Allison's range of emotions. It seems very appropriate given what she's just gone through.
jazphace chapter 3 . 7/13/2012