Reviews for To Say I Hated Her
Insane. Certifiably chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
That was beautiful. Unclear in some bits, why Link killed Zelda for example, but it works with the flow of the story. To explain would ruin the magic. Wonderfully done.
x-DragonSoul-x chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
Whoa. Deep. O_o

And now for something intelligent. Wow. I am impressed by this. You covered so many facets of Midna and Zelda's relationship in so few words. I guess I'd never really thought about how they themselves are two sides of the same coin in that they are strong female rulers wanting only what's best for their people. The only difference is one is of shadow and one is of light.

I loved the braid metaphor as soon as I laid eyes on it, and to see it carried through at the end was a very nice, in a way artisitic touch.

The twist at the end shocked me, that not only was Zelda dead, but that Link had killed her, and now suddenly, Midna, who was speaking with such tenderness about her before begins to talk of her with contempt. Even reading the title and summary, I didn't really expect it.

There's such a poetic tale of opposites here, like yin and yang, painted in a tragic light. The last two lines tie it all together. This is definately a fic I'll remember. Great work!
Miyuki Satomi chapter 1 . 2/1/2012
it's so convincing :)
Katieisawesome chapter 1 . 1/31/2012
This is by far one of the best Zelda fics I've read in a LONG time. That is all :3
Kiba Wolf chapter 1 . 1/31/2012
I'll start by predictably saying, "Wow, I loved this!" So now that that's out of the way allow me to say why: Midna and Zelda's relationship in TP is heavily emphasized in the game, artwork, etc, yet not many fan fiction writers seem to pay much mind to that. Their relationship is something to be debated and weighed in on, if only for the fact of Link. You throw him in there and suddenly there are dozens of stances to take on Midna and Zelda's relationship. I think you did an excellent job, especially in so few words, capturing the essence of what that relationship meant/means/could mean.

Even the sad overtone and ending fit perfectly and seemed logical (slightly depressing, maybe, but at least it made sense). I haven't seen a lot of "positively trending fan fiction" lately, but this gives me a lot of hope in a lot of small ways. Thanks so much for taking the time to write and post this (especially as free of mistakes as it is).