Reviews for Whole New World
MirrorRai chapter 1 . 12/17/2012
Where the portal is from...
Looks like...
Chrono Trigger?
pensuka chapter 6 . 11/14/2011
well this is interesting and i do begin to wonder what type of pokegirl does shampoo look like so please update it
Guest chapter 6 . 1/6/2003
Please quit this story! It just is so disappointing to see an author of your value to be wasting time writing.
Clow Angel chapter 6 . 1/3/2003
uhhhh... *sweatdrops* i like this chapter..but does taming really have to be sex?
Taechunsa chapter 6 . 11/27/2002
I love it. It is what I had hoped Metroanime's would be, but knew it wouldn't. It is more true to the original, and much more humourous. I can't wait for the next chapter. Keep up the good work.
Shoni chapter 6 . 11/27/2002
Well, I like the story...OK, so like the story A LOT ! But I have to say Im still a bit dissapointed.

I recently read "Dragonmoon Generation & Questionable Income" by Ron Hino, two extremly good lemon stories with all that you would except in an "ordinary" story (intricate plot, intelligent dialouge etc. etc.).

I feel that this story-line has a BETTER potential for being a great lemon story than the two mentioned above. However, the lemon-part in this story seems rather "half-hearted" to me and that has the consequence of leaving me *more* unsatisfied with this story than if there had been no hint of "taming/sex" whatsoever.

Its TOO TAME to make a great lemon story yet the plot line is TOO SEXY to make a great story without lemon-content.

So, I guess its sorta"stuck between a rock and a hard place".
Black Watch chapter 6 . 11/27/2002
I'm surprised that no one has yet once come up with the brilliant idea that whenever Ranma enter's a parallel reality that the Ryoga from his universe should be able to follow him by any random or contrived means possible.

He may get lost all the time, (Hence the name 'Lost Boy') but no one ever seems to catch onto the fact that he ALWAYS gets where he's going.

Keep up the writing.
Griever chapter 1 . 11/27/2002
Well ... it's been done before. That's not to say it's not a good story, I rather liked it in fact. Nice style.

As for the lemon/lime question, frankly, keep going as you are. If you decide to put in full blown lemon scenes ... well, plot content of chapters may suffer. Not to say that I don't enjoy the occasional lemon (or two, or three, or ten) but this is best left as it is.

Have luck and good writing.
ikillyoupig chapter 6 . 11/26/2002
Well, this is another fun chapter. You could have run this through a spellchecker, though, as there are small mispellings throughout this piece (nothing major, but they're there). For example, "beggining" - that's spelled "beginning," with two N's. Also, guys have the Y chromosome, not the X. XY for guys, XX for girls. But still a fun read.
ikillyoupig chapter 5 . 8/25/2002
About fanfiction, come on now people, let's not kid ourselves. The whole genre is about stealing other people's ideas and using them without permission.

While the stories might not be plagiarism exactly, they certainly follow in the spirit of plagiarism. The characters, situations, and other elements of fanfiction are all the intellectual property of someone else, and fanfic writers use these ideas quite often without regard to the original creator's intentions. (Akane-bashers, that means you. And the rest of you don't get off too easy either.) Even when fanfic writers try to stay true to canon, the fact is that unless permission is given, only the original creator is authorized to use the ideas he or she creates. Let me spell it straight out for everyone: FANFICTION IS ILLEGAL!

That's right, it's against the law. Against American copyright law, anyway. Sure, you can say that you don't get paid for using (or misusing) someone else's ideas, so you're not really doing anything wrong, but let's say I used your car without asking you first. I could say, hey, the car's not damaged, you weren't using it anyway, and look, I filled it up with gas. You still didn't have my permission, which gives you zero right to handle my stuff. That's how the law views fanfiction.

However, I don't necessarily agree with what the law says. I think fanfiction writing is a harmless activity that shouldn't really be interfered with. I mean, really, most fanfiction is so badly written I wonder how the writers can stand to have their work disseminated in a public forum like this. I swear, I'd kill myself in shame if I ever wrote half as badly as some people here. Well, anyway, Japanese manga authors seem not to mind unlicensed dojinshi, so I doubt they'd mind unlicensed fanfiction. Lucky for the writers.

Oh, by the way, I agree with Brett Hall. Ranma is a teenaged boy with a teenaged sex drive. So give him one already. I think that in canon, Ranma is very sexually repressed, though not sexually naive. He knows about sex just as much as any boy his age. He's just scared shitless of it.

I bet it doesn't help that his dick is practically screaming to be inserted into the nearest receptacle while his mind is still stuck in the "girls are icky" phase. Plus, his girlfriend is even more frightened of sex than he is, _and_ he lives in one of the worst places to get a balanced view on gender and sexuality, _and_ he turns into the very thing that mystifies him so much. Damn, it sucks to be him.
Xelloss chapter 5 . 8/24/2002
Lemon! Or at LEAST lemon sidestories! We need more good lemons that have stories, and this can shape up to be one! And for the love of god, please, PLEASE, _PLEASE_ make Akane "tame" Ranma's female form! It would go really well with the Ranma/Akane matchup. Personally, I think this is infinately better than the original, which had far too much Akane-bashing and poor characterization, like most of Metroanime's fics. But I have to agree with another person on the reviews, definately, on NO occasion, do NOT, _EVER_ make Ranma lust after men! That ALWAYS ruins a story.
Bob chapter 3 . 8/22/2002
Cheerleader, what the HELL are you blathering on about? Every single fic that Kaiphantom has written either has Ranma with Akane, or Ranma is still trying to decide! He doesn't "pick" Nabiki, she comes along without even asking him! And if you're referring to when he goes into the cat fist and has sex with her, think about it:he's horny as all hell at the time! Plus you CAN'T get rid of Akane unless you ignore about 99.2% of the manga! If you pay attention, you can tell he falls in love with her before the first graphic novel is over! So please, get your facts RIGHT before you open your mouth, or you'll keep making yourself look stupid!
Cheerleader chapter 5 . 8/22/2002
Defenitly write lemon sidestories! Just get ride of Akane! I'm glad you stopped writing Ranma and Akane fics, she is so annoying! It's great that Ranma chose Nabiki, for awhile I actually thought you were going to have him travel with Akane alone. I'm glad you decided on Ranma/Nabiki. Now if they could just ditch the stupid, ugly tomboy _
Informer chapter 5 . 8/21/2002
Okay, time to settle this once and for all...

Plagiarize, Verb: 1. To steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own. 2. To use (a created production) without crediting the source.

Now, by the literal definition, this, and all other fanfiction is plagiarism. _BUT_, and this is straight from the mouths of several english teachers, if you change AT LEAST one word out of every three, it is not plagiarism. So by this logic, fanfiction is NOT plagiarism, and neither is using a similar idea by another fanfic author. So please, stop filling the review section with unfounded complaints about this story being a plagiarism! Thank you, and have a nice day.
Brett W. Hall chapter 5 . 8/17/2002
Great story, so far...

Personally, I like a good lemon story, if it's well written that is, but I get along fine with lime. The sidestory idea that some of the others are suggesting sounds like it might be your best bet.

I'm not even going to commit on the plaigerism (is that spelled correctly?) bit, other than to make this one statement to anyone accusing fanfic authors of it: FANFICTION _IS_ PLAIGERISM! YOU IDIOTS! Just with a few alterations...

Anyway, keep up the _very_ good work!

I _do_ have one request, however, and it relates to my one major complaint about Metroanime's Wild Horses & Pokegirls... GIVE RANMA A SEX DRIVE!

Unfortunately, I found the Ranma of WH&P to be completely uninterested in sex, of any kind, and that he seemed to view the Taming of his Pokegirls as nothing more than necessary maintenance... BOOOORRRRRINNNNNGGGG!

Now, I am _NOT_ talking about turning Ranma into an even bigger pervert than Happosai, Kuno, and Mikado combined. I'm just talking about a HEALTHY interest in the opposite sex, and possibly having _Ranma_ initiate a few of the Taming sessions from time to time. I can't even begin to describe just how bored I've become with the sheer number of fanfics out there where Ranma's the overly shy and embarrassed SUPER-VIRGIN who, even after discovering the pleasures of sex, is still to timid and self-conscious to actually believe that every female in the universe would kill him if he so much as even hinted at possessing a sex drive.