Reviews for The Red Rider
You are incredible! Absolutely brilliant
And whenever I read your fanfic. - it feels surreal, as though it was written by Paoili himself, only you're better. So please continue writing!
cattynoir chapter 3 . 2/22
this is some of the best stuff i have ever read
Restrained.Freedom chapter 23 . 2/10
O.O
Oh HELL no!...
I am sorry. I just don't know what else to say.
:'(
dlove13 chapter 23 . 2/6
It is good to see you writing again!
Very good, I've always wanted a backstory on Murtagh.
cassowary chapter 23 . 1/28
Welcome back! I'm so glad you decided to continue on with this story!
Firstly, you introduced and revisited some new plot points, and I'd like to know what happens in the future.
Why did the girl's father leave her in Murtagh's room? Why is Galbatorix so interested in luring the elves out, as opposed to surrounding them and cutting their supply lines (I'm sure they need at least some things imported from outside the forest!)? Who is this mysterious timekeeper in the forest of Ingothold?
I like how you have clarified some points that the books never did justice; even if Galbatorix hasn't directly done anything "evil" to the people of Alagaesia, he treats Murtagh and Thorn pretty horribly, and it seems like he sees the people around as tools. Will the "princess" be okay? Also, I adore Thorn's characterization. He has certainly grown into a fine young dragon with an amusing sense of humor despite everything, and I like how down-to-earth and intuitive he is, especially as a foil to his rider; Murtagh comes across especially here as an otherwise grounded and logical person who has been thrown into a bizarre, unfortunate situation as the "last sane man" struggling to get a grasp on his own life, let alone work for Galbatorix. I especially appreciate the pair's dynamics, although there isn't as many chances for expository examples with the pacing of the story, they come across as a strong team that genuinely cares for each other, something that I think was missing from the books in the relationship between Eragon and Saphira. Wordy review aside, I'm really excited for the installments to follow and can't wait to see what happens next! Have a great day!
GingerDove53 chapter 23 . 1/25
SQUEEEEEEE A WONDERFUL NEW CHAPTER IN MY FAVORITE STORY! And of course it's one that punches me right in the feels _ In hindsight, I should have definitely seen that coming, since that's totally Galbatorix's MO. (And yet, like Murtagh, I still walked blindly into that one...) I love that we can see all these moments of motivation and character growth from Murtagh unfold throughout the series, I always wished that Paolini had included more of those.

I'm so glad you were inspired to write! But I'm sorry that the inspiration came from such sad things in your life :( I hope things get better for you!
dragonriderofold chapter 23 . 1/25
Thanks for the chapter, I hope you will post again soon. I'll be here, waiting to read more.
BeautifullyBroken86 chapter 23 . 1/24
I've been with you for five years. I'm here to the end!
kumar LaVoixDuSud chapter 23 . 1/23
It’s been almost a year….
But I’m still here, reading – or waiting to read – your wonderful story. Please, do not make us wait for so long again…
That was an amazing chapter. The snippets of hope you spread in the beginning, just to take them back again in the end, keep the plot vivid. The conversation between Murtagh and Thorn is quite precious, as always. The Forest of Ingothold and the Timekeeper who keeps the Book of Ages add to the story.
As for the little princess, I do not believe Galbatorix gave her to the dragon to be eaten. Perhaps he has hidden her somewhere, to use her as a hostage against Murtagh later.
I wish you all the best, and thank you for sharing this story.
Do not let anything make you feel sad. :)
Corinna chapter 22 . 6/2/2016
I most say I'm very impressed with this story. After just finishing the Inheritance cycle I'm addicted too this univers and not so ver much pleased with the open story of Martagh en Nasuada. After their scene in Urû'baen ending with: "Why me?" and "You know why." I freaked out when we didn't get a part of them again. And I was curious about Thorn and Martagh's relationship. So first thing I did - find fan fiction. First good one I found was yours. It's amazing how you combined Eragon's and Martagh's story lines from Martagh's point of view. I was so addicted reading this that I didn't leave a post a review on the other chapters. Now I'm here I'm Desperate D: Where's the next chapter. I need it. The story is great. You should finish it, I would like to read the whole thing.
Fafnir chapter 3 . 1/2/2016
This was awesome! Your skilled with writing! MxN is OTP I feel their relationship was completely ignored
Awwww chapter 22 . 10/29/2015
That's it:(
Omg yes chapter 18 . 10/28/2015
The movie is just AWEFUL! I can't get over how bad it is they like skipped the whole movie and battle scenes and even getting caught in gil'ead and only showed boring things and he didn't even choose saphira's name and garrow didn't die and oh there is just to many things.
dlove13 chapter 16 . 10/28/2015
Your writing is incredible. It is a close match for paolini's which makes it balance out.