Reviews for The Red Rider
Guest chapter 14 . 9/19/2013
A absolutely wonderful chapter. Worth the nail biting wait, absolutely. You never fail to impress.
cassowary chapter 14 . 9/17/2013
First off, I've been reading your story all this time, so I suppose now is the time for me to drop you a comment.
I didn't like how you almost paralleled Eragon's experiences such as having his future told, getting beaten by the love interest, etc.
Because much as I like Nasuada, I just don't think that she could trounce Murtagh in a fair duel, tired or not. Not to say that she isn't a beast either, but she doesn't seem to be tailored for battle the way our (in)glorious antihero is.
However, a lot of the personal philosophy/reaction to events and other people from Murtagh's point of view, I find very interesting and true to character.
And finally, this chapter...I think you jumped into the "romance" a bit fast, and maybe it's too early for Tag to be thinking of Nasuada any further than a very, very attractive friend. But I also appreciate his pessimism and longing regarding that topic, and also the glimpse into his respect for Ajihad. Because I was always rooting for them having a kind of surrogate father/bodyguard relationship, before Ajihad died, that is.
And the Twins...you tread in dangerous territory, here. At least, this is what it seems. Reading so many crappy fanfiction can dull a reader to some truly horrible concepts, but I think you treated the topic, whether it is what I think it might be or not, with the proper suspended fear and anger...it gave me the chills.
In a canonical context, as well, I would not have trouble finding this scenario believable, as evident by the Twins' seeming obsession with control, their previous inability to break our hero's mind, and Murtagh's evident loathing for them. Unlike Arya, when he was captured, his very will taken away, as (at the time) a mere human fighting against beings as powerful as gods. We know in canon that he was subjected to terrible abuses, but he did not lose the sanctity of his mind (the only place he had left) until Thorn.
Blabbing aside, I am interested to see where this will go, and I hope you deal with it as well as you brought it about.
Have a wonderful day!
Restrained.Freedom chapter 14 . 9/17/2013
Yikes! This was fantastic!
kumar LaVoixDuSud chapter 14 . 9/17/2013
This chapter started with the best prospects for our hero and ended with the darkest threats. Although I know very well the unlucky story of his life, I have to admit that the end of the chapter made me face a terrible truth. What should become a youth who is alone, unprotected, totally helpless and in the hands of his enemies? I cannot tell what you had in mind, but the end of this chapter was so dark and evil. I hope you will post again very soon, just to lighten the burden of my soul, but I'm afraid that the next chapter could be a darker one. I am sorry, you know I love this story, but the end of this particular chapter has scared me.
JessicaRavenGlade chapter 13 . 9/14/2013
You totally stole that from Gregor the Overlander prophecies...and did a bad job at it.
Nell chapter 13 . 8/6/2013
Since you asked so nicely, here's my review: i loved it! You even included a little kiss there between the two of them. Awesome! And the battle scene wasn't bad at all! :)
guywithabrain3546 chapter 2 . 8/2/2013
I like it, There is so much creativity and thought that was put into this story. You have obviously studied long and hard on chapters and pages that mention Murtagh. I bow down to your patience and dedication. :3
Lilly Snow chapter 13 . 8/1/2013
You never fail to impress me. Not to mention the fact that at every murtagh and nasuada scene. I start giggling... XP
I have to say, another excellent chapter added to one of my favorite stories ive found. :) *insert applause*
kumar LaVoixDuSud chapter 13 . 7/30/2013
Superb !
That was a fabulous chapter. Most of all I liked Angela's fortune telling and Solembum's prediction and poem. Incredible and marvelous work. I can't wait for more. :D
brintraveler chapter 13 . 7/30/2013
Great chapter, and I'm very impressed by Solembum's poem/riddle. That took a lot of thought.
Lady Rian chapter 13 . 7/30/2013
Awesome!
The battle scenes were well done, and I really liked the poem that Solembum told Murtagh. :) Great destinies run in the family. ;)

"And last, the blade, the hawthorn root, and the crucible—" -did not have quotation marks on the beginning of the sentence.
Restrained.Freedom chapter 13 . 7/30/2013
oh please... every body save me...
I don't think I can walk... Nasuada, would you carry me?
XDD
Nell chapter 12 . 7/24/2013
That was so cute! Loved it! :)
Guest chapter 12 . 7/23/2013
Update update update update update please!and ASAP
kumar LaVoixDuSud chapter 12 . 7/18/2013
Well, it started strangely, but I liked this chapter. I really, truly liked it. I have to admit that it spoke straight to my heart. And now I hope for a sooner update. Please?
As long as they both survived this battle, it would be nice to see this meal ...
I just hope. Thanks for sharing. Good luck with your muse.
82 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »