Reviews for Neither A Soldier Nor A Gentleman
narutoDkurosaki chapter 1 . 4/29
Very interesting chapter. First time I've read a fic where the someone adds scenes to the end of s02e01. Btw there are some errors in the chapter. Talwar means a curved sword, in some parts of the chapter you mantioned talwar sword which makes no sense. Next is the urdu translation. Personally I don't speak urdu but what you've written is not urdu, it seems more like hindi.
Moonflower26 chapter 23 . 3/11
It is such an amazingly written story! I could not stop reading itthe whole day! The characters are well portrayed and the dynamics is captivating. Thank you so much for the pleasure of reading it!
unframed chapter 22 . 1/16
I'm here with tears on my cheeks...
Guest chapter 17 . 10/25/2016
I'm reading this One again and I need to know... What was he thinking about how he was not? And what was she trying to say? I have two options in my mind and can't decide. Anyway, this is probably the my favourite part you know :)
camyberry chapter 23 . 9/10/2016
I cried and my heart is aching and pounding towards my ribs.
Ah, that's what exactly I have in my mind when I think about Sherlock and Irene's mutual chemistry and attraction. I loved how you put all your efforts to mantein their personality, I found myself so many times whispering that she should have got angry or that he should have shouted, but actually that would be every human being except for Sherlock Holmes and Irene Adler.
I appreciate so much all your work, frankly I'm wondering how much time and research you do while writing, because honestly I rarely find fanfictions meticulosily written. Oh, let me take a moment to calm down myself now, you do like to play with our poor feelings, you do?
*sigh*
I wouldn't know exactly what my fav part would be, I honestly appreciated the vulnerability shown of Irene and the doubt in Sherlock that incapacitated his weak trust capacities. Also, many kudos for writing about erotic and sexual content in such a non-vulgar way: and kudos again for the extremly M rated part, I smiled so much.
Oh, in Case it is not clear I support the non-labelling thing about sexual orientation. As. Human, and psychologist to be, I repell the stigma though I understand why it is used, but at the same time It's completly naturally for me the possibility to be in love with someone's mind and personality. So I'm that part of the Sherlock fandom which support that idea you gently shared in.
Finally, I can just say that this ff touched my Heart and I'm glad you suggested me to read it. My poor heart is grieving, but it was all worth for.
Bravo!
archergwen chapter 23 . 8/22/2015
This story is still fantastic, though I first read it a few years ago. Wonderful work drawing the characters out, keeping them true to themselves in a world of your creation.
Syborg chapter 23 . 8/16/2015
HFS... Out of all the Adlock stories I've read you're the only one who captured their, as you so aptly put "their dynamics" its so perfect but is also so heartbreaking... seeing Sherlock so miserable, I cried at the last chapter and on the epilogue... I Just can't describe it.. kudos... just kudos
always-never-obviously chapter 23 . 7/22/2015
I love this - I read it when I get adlock feels
Googles01 chapter 23 . 6/20/2015
My friend suggested this because we both love Sherlock. I wanted to say you did a fantastic job portraying him.
LucidReveries chapter 22 . 5/29/2015
Clearly, I'm far too emotional! This chapter brought tears to my eyes. Is it weird the Sherlock theme song started playing in my head at the end of the last sentence (“...Thank you for dinner.")? Oh, my imagination!
LucidReveries chapter 19 . 5/28/2015
Bittersweet indeed. I'm teary-eyed over here!
LucidReveries chapter 13 . 5/28/2015
Okay, feedback:
My heart is literally jackhammering right now. I am SO glad that I've just stumbled upon this now, where there are subsequent chapters because I would've lost my mind (a lot like how I'm losing it now with these obscure dates for series 4's release) WAITING! I absolutely love how you've accurately captured their characterizations and how seamlessly you transition them into anything that more or less transcends what Moffat and Mark Gatiss have lain out.
Nispedana chapter 7 . 5/17/2015
Sweet
I love how they just kep playing mind games, and you having the writing chops to pull them off

Good chap!
Nispedana chapter 4 . 5/17/2015
I actually read this!
It's rare cuz' I usually just skip those scenes since Sherlock having sex is just seriously difficult (even nauseating) to imagine.
Anyway, very in-character writing
KUDOS
Nispedana chapter 3 . 5/17/2015
Hahhah this is so much fun
Love their interactions and the pacing of it
They're so adorable I want to hug 'em both