Reviews for Only Defense
Sailor Pandabear chapter 24 . 4/5/2014
cool
not telling chapter 24 . 12/3/2013
of course there is something you need to do you need to bring beck in!
Bryce98 chapter 9 . 8/1/2013
Greetings, script.

So, I'm guessing that this happens after TRON 2.0 then? Great game, by the way, you should try it. Monolith generally made good games.

Anyways, a little tip on how the cycle variations compare to the User world.

Microcycle-day

Nanocycle-minute or hour, I'm not entirely sure

Cycle-year.

These are the time designations in relativity to the User world. These are only based off the effects, however, and a program that has been online for many cycles will have only been 'alive' in the User world for around five days. This does not account for the amount of routines that said program has completed, as that seems to speed up the process.

I'd love to stay and tell you more, but I'm on a tight schedule. I am just a simple editor script.

Have a nice microcycle!
-Bryce98
HimeFlye chapter 24 . 7/10/2013
So, I finally finished and just wanted to say that You did wonderfully. So wonderfully in fact that it was almost aggravating at times, as after recently, FINALLY, seeing both Tron movies back to back I had mind for my own fanfiction which I have been working on with my sister. However, This story is so well thought out, and so lovely in it's themes and character arcs that I can never see myself upping you in the tron realm. You really did a great job. The world was well filled in and thought out, the characters felt natural and I think you handled the line between human and program, god and creation, and their fears and joys very very well.

Good luck on your next writing projects
HimeFlye chapter 21 . 7/10/2013
LOLOLOL

While I was reading the part about Kaps asking Gem what she was reading, I just glanced down a line and read 'A girl who falls in love. . .'I and I started laughing my head off because I immediately knew what she was reading LOL

I think this was my favorite chapter. We get the banter between Kaps and Gem, and just picturing their User world experiences sent me into fits of giggles

Then the part with Tron and Qourra, and Tron's memory of FLynn made me so sad. It was very beautiful.
HimeFlye chapter 19 . 7/10/2013
So I wasn't going to comment until I was completely finished reading, as this is an older story and what not, but I must say. . .I also think Kaps is the best OC I have ever Read. And in the world of fanfiction, that means something.

Oh, and I like the way you handle Tron's functions. Seeing him at work was very interesting. I liked it.
realisticFantasy chapter 24 . 2/20/2013
"I would give everything up, everything I've ever created and discovered- just to be your dad for one more day."
this made me cry. that, along with "The first sign of a healing heart is the ability to remember someone you've lost with happiness" is just so-i don't even know! this was amazingly written. it has a good pace, every character is accounted for, lovable, and explored. plus, it doesn't have anything that would put a giant plot twist into it-this could legitamatly be what happens after the movie.
this made me realize how sad the movie is; tron: LEGACY was the perfect name for a reason. not a SINGLE character from the first movie made it out the same, some not een surviving!
anyway, this offers a somewhat 'final' ending to things. fantastic job!
bitByte shadowNox
FlynnLivesndIwilbuildtheGrid chapter 24 . 12/12/2012
hey why not save all the isos from the recycling bin pwease
Cyberbutterfly chapter 24 . 11/16/2012
Okay... First, I'm giving you a HUGE apology for being this long in reviewing... I've been getting ready for a series of art shows and my time was being COMPLETELY eaten up... So don't take my prolonged silence as disinterest, only in lack of time to give a proper review...

Okay... First, let me stand up (seriously, I am stand up so I can do this proper) and give you a loud round of applause... This story- from beginning to end- has been INCREDIBLE... Each and every character was well thought out, the story was sound and original, and the plot was engaging and dynamic. You really have written an AMAZING piece of fiction here- one worthy of being incorporated into the third Tron movie (which, rumor has it, looks like it might be going ahead... yay)

And now on to the chapter itself... (you've still got the epilogue, so I'll complete my overall story gush then :D)

There's this real sense of time going by in this chapter... Not that it's set that far after the last one- but you can see how everyone is starting to get comfortable in the skin there in. Kaps and Gem are awesome and charming as always- and I've really come to enjoy reading the 'softer' side of the ISO... And Kaps- well, doesn't EVERYONE just love Kaps... After all, he's just so... Lovable. (and I seriously need to broaden my vocabulary)

Quorra is also a great read in this one... I love how she can maintain this sense of strong vulnerablility while still being perfectly willing and capable of standing up to Sam... She's this fantastic mix of warrior and woman, and I think it really helps take her character from possible card board cut out (in a lesser writers hands) and turns her into a fully fleshed out, believable, character (in your hands)

And Alan... Dear, lovable, Alan... He's such a jux-to-position that it's always fun to have him in a story. And I enjoy seeing him not only come to terms with what Flynn created, but come to respect it- even the parts that were horrible (namely- Clu and the coup)... Because if Legacy showed us anything, it showed us an incredible word that defied preconceived notions. It was a living, breathing, system that evolved- and of COURSE Alan would come to cherish that idea.

And then there's the note left by Flynn... And is it strange that I thought it both heart breaking and fitting that Flynn first addresses Clu (although, some of that might have been strategic thinking in case he found it first) And, I'm not going into huge detail with this section because if I started talking about I wouldn't stop... I will say this though.

You. Made. Me. Cry.

Now stop... because I need you to really read and understand that... You. Made. Me. CRY... ME... The girl who watched Lion King and huffed out a 'jeez- Simba, dads dead, get over it and get on with the story already'... Who sat through Pay it Forward and who's sole weigh in on the movie was 'Well- gosh, look- the kid just croaked. Hows THAT for anti-climatic?'... You made that CRY.

Over Fan fiction.

Pat yourself on the back and gloat girl- because that NEVER happens. I don't emote to fiction... EVER... Be Proud. You've earned it.

Now, as for things I'd like to see/explored... Um, and update on Tron would be nice... Nothing fancy- just maybe a look at the grid and how it's expanding under the care of several User's and Tron (obviously this would be set a little down the road from current chapter)...
Maybe Kaps and Gem going back into the grid for some closer (like Quorra did... They could stay, they could come back to the User world... Just that they have there own moment to deal)

Um... Yeah- that's about it... It's a well fleshed out story- so it's not exactly like there's a lot of 'loose ends' lying around. Whatever whim takes you for the epilogue, I'm sure you'll nail it out of the park. So write away, and now that I actually have TIME- I'll make sure to get the review to THAT (and to overall story) back to you in a far more reasonable period of time.
Zuzanny chapter 24 . 10/25/2012
I had tears in my eyes at the end of this. :)
Zuzanny chapter 23 . 10/19/2012
LOL! I'm so glad you are still alive. Thank you for letting us know. :)
Cyberbutterfly chapter 23 . 10/18/2012
We Tron fans are INFINITELY patient creatures... We will wait... lol- you know, I never really focused on the time line, but GOD- that really was a long time between movies, wasn't it?! (oh, one thing though... Tron came out in '82, Legacy in '09- so technically it was twenty SEVEN years ;P... LOL- I guess that's what happens when you decide to film a movie in 'real time'.)

Looking forward to the upcoming chapter with gleeful excitement- but I understand a busy life and how it infringes on writing (hence why I've been 6 months since my last update)

PS... Kaps is a COOL muse... Besides, speaking from experience with my own muses- just give the guy what he wants. It's a HELL of a lot easier than fighting him. :D
Sonata IX chapter 23 . 10/18/2012
You blew my brain somewhere between "ninth grade" and "twenty-eight years". Wait, what?
3LW00D chapter 23 . 10/18/2012
Aw don't be mean to Kaps, he's too adorable for that. What kind of riding do you show in?
Elz Durden chapter 22 . 8/31/2012
This was a beautiful, emotional chapter that I think both characters really needed. Great job!