Reviews for Should Have Been
vainintrain chapter 1 . 9/7/2014
Your story made me actually realise that they were dead. I knew they were dead, but I didn't feel the way you feel at the end of a book when the hero dies (the fact that I knew that they would die when I read the books is probably the reason why I didn't). You got me to feel sad. The moment when Andromeda (who is, with Ted, my favorite character of the series because of all she went through) goes through Tonks' things is very poignant and made want to cry (which very seldom happens when I read). You made Andromeda so real by putting emphasis on both her aristocratic features and the details that characterize her life after she met Ted. The socks and the fact that she remembers Ted and calls Tonks "her little girl" made it even more touching as they emphasize even more her duality.
WolfMarauder chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
I have always felt so sorry for Andromeda. She chose the right side, but she still lost everything. I loved that you showed get mourning as a process, rather than a brief moment.
kittykatloren chapter 1 . 2/1/2012
Ahh. Another one that is so beautiful. I've never read a piece that focusing on Andromeda like this before, but everything in here is just so RIGHT, so real. The pain of a loved one's death never goes away. And drawing attention to the fact that it was Bellatrix, her SISTER, that killed her daughter... I mean, I always *knew* that, but never really thought about it. Chilling. Dromeda and Bella probably played dolls together, ran around in the background, pretending to duel before going off to Hogwarts... And then something changed.

Andromeda really did lose a lot that night. She got Teddy, but at the beginning that's almost as much of a painful reminder as it is a comfort.

Also I forgot to mention this in my other review - I love your headcanon for why they moved in with Andromeda and Tonks. Like the details you gave in Parallels. And just everything. So yeah... These were wonderful. 3

- Kitty