Reviews for The Return of the Five
erintherese86 chapter 13 . 11/9
I hope you continue with this! I am enjoying it! I wonder if Julian's girlfriend will reappear though?
elmoryakhan chapter 13 . 10/12
I am really glad to see this update. The Famous Five is my all time favourite series. I really hope you update the next chapter sooner this time.

Till next time.
Book girl fan chapter 13 . 10/11
All of them, off on a mystery again!
Book girl fan chapter 12 . 10/11
This story has actually reached new meaning for me recently, as I've started uni and therefore have been spending less time with my family. I understand feeling left out of the group dynamic, especially when you used to be really close.
booksniffer chapter 11 . 1/4
Oh my god! Please please don't tell me you reached a writer's block! It was going so well up until now! Do update it as soon as you get the time to! Also, are you pairing dick with jo? I always thought they'd end up together. Just a thought though, you my dear, complete the story!
elmoryakhan chapter 11 . 4/1/2014
I am so glad I found this story! I am a huge fan of famous five. Please update soon and I hope there is some huge mystery looming up in the next chapter.
Juliet-Echo chapter 11 . 3/3/2014
A rather splendid adventure - that's bang on, that is xD seriously, you're doing great, don't stress about it - I'm looking forward to the next chapter :D
Book girl fan chapter 11 . 2/19/2014
Jo! Awesome! I like Jo, she's so much like George, but a bit more fun.
Summerseve5375 chapter 10 . 12/22/2013
You are a good storyteller so if I critique your story, understand that I have to be picky at an arsie level.

Read up on dialogue attribution. Thankfully you don't litter your attributors with adverbs. What you do is (and I am borrowing from the fantastic Stephen King's 'On Writing') 'shoot the attribition verb full of steroids' - demanded, exclaimed. Your dialogue within the situation should make it obvious as to the tone of delivery. The golden rule - never tell when you can show :-) In the vast majority of cases 'said' should be all you need.

Also, re-read all the books and note down place names and incidental characters, especially villians. It will give your story a more authentic feel. The earlier books are best for this as Enid tended to forget about a lot of her own canon as the years went by. Famousfive dot net is a treasure trove :-)

Please keep writing. FF fandoms are under represented.

Book girl fan chapter 10 . 12/20/2013
I still care! I think I've almost forgotten what this story was about, but this fandom is so under appreciated, I will keep reading!
Juliet-Echo chapter 10 . 12/13/2013
Loving it :D great job, rellly looking forward to more fun and adventure
Guest chapter 9 . 12/12/2013
hurry I cant wait for the next chapter
Siddystar101 chapter 9 . 6/19/2013
Could you give George a pair in this story? i have always wanted to know how that would be like. you know someone falls in love with George and she has feelings for him back.
Sheryl chapter 9 . 12/26/2012
Quite nice so far... Waiting for more...
Niveni chapter 9 . 12/12/2012
Yay, you updated :)
"I considered buying Dick a dog ticket as well, but I figured he might not appreciate that too much." made me smile :)
George is so believable; going from laughing one moment to angry the next. I love the fact that you had them reconcile quite quickly instead of George sulking for days; again it makes them feel older.
"Nobody but they know what was said in the next half an hour, but when they returned, their faces were red from crying, but both were laughing, and they seemed to have reconciled." The way you wrote this reminded me a little of how C. S. Lewis wrote the Edmund & Aslan conversation when Edmund returns to his siblings in the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

Looking forward to the circus!
Thanks for writing :)