Reviews for Destined Meetings The Extended Edition
Jaden Kismet chapter 12 . 11/9
I greatly enjoyed the original fic that this is based on, but this updated version-though incomplete-is incredible! It gives more background and insight to the characters and their insight into their interactions, while staying true to the characters of the movie. The few changes made to Rachel and Erica in their depictions have made them even likable from the first version and it almost feels a crime to leave this unfinished, even if one has the first version as a reference of how things might proceed. You've improved greatly in your writing and I sincerely hope you do someday complete this, I really do. Keep writing and keep dreaming!
Jaden Kismet
BigBlurryThing chapter 12 . 1/3/2013
This is a timeless fic about escape from reality and the pursuit of dreams, the incarnation those dreams into a creature of fantasy, and falling in love with that creature - and by extension - the dreams. It's spiced up with snark and has a modern setting and a vibe of epic taken a notch up from what the movie had - and felt like it sorely needed. The writing is rich and detailed, and the only thing wrong with it is... it's incomplete. ; Geddup Lashana! *tugs at you* Nnnngh! ... Finish it please? ;;
CrystalizedWinds chapter 12 . 8/30/2012
Might I just say this is a very good story! :'D

From all the emotion to the personalities of the characters, you made everything seems so perfect.

I have previously read your older version of this story and I'm proud to say this is probably the best story I've ever heard. I really the love the relationship you put for Rachel and Draco. Just the perfect understanding. I'm sad at the ending of the film and will always cry at it. I'm still happy Draco found a place in the stars with his brethren. But I still don't think Draco should have had to deal with all that. ;'(

But then again without the incident, None of the adventures or anything would have happened.

You don't know how hard it is just to reach in there and kill the son of a- (Einon) But I know I cannot or I would hurt Draco and to be honest I could never hurt a Dragon. (Unless I have no choice and it's evil)

You know I think the stars really do hold comfort. I remember standing outside stargazing one night and I just felt this sense of warmth and comfort even on the really cold nights. I don't get to watch the stars any more. I really still need to find the constellation of Draco. If I do I'll think I'll die happy ;'D.

The film will always be my favourite and definitely holds a special place somewhere in my heart. As much as I like the second one, I have always preferred the original. How To Train Your Dragon will be there aswell but DragonHeart will always come first.

Thank you and I'm glad to say I have enjoyed your story thoroughly even your old sequel.(No matter how old it may be... no offense ;_;) Sorry If this is really long...

I hope to see more chapters soon! Thank you always and well done ! ;'D
Nina Pendragon chapter 12 . 8/18/2012
this is so amazing
Rachel and Draco as friends is just makes my heart lurch when they talk together.
and Rachel finding Draco's scracting spot XD that is so adorble it makes me laugh I can not wait to read more

keep up the good work dear and please post more on Deviantart please they are so good
Dez chapter 12 . 8/16/2012
I had read and I reviewed the first draft a long time back; and I like this version just as much as the old one. Keep up the good work!
Guest chapter 3 . 8/7/2012
Chocolate covered strawberry Dairy Queen Blizzard. LOL
NinjaChipmunk chapter 12 . 7/24/2012
Awwwww! Draco is my utter favorite character from Dragonheart! Keep on writing!
SummerMistedDragon chapter 12 . 7/19/2012
awwwwww Love it!
Blackmoondragon1415 chapter 12 . 7/18/2012
We both seem to have that problem, and actually, I think I know where that idea about saliva might have come from. In Dragonlance, certain draconians could heal with their saliva, which implies that the dragon they came from had some variation of the ability. A lot of animals lick their wounds in order to clean them as well.
And I do like the different interactions happening here, between Draco and Rachel, and Kara with Erika, Bowen, and the rest. Kara does need to take a chill pill, but you can feel some sympathy for her plight, I'm glad you acknowledged both points.
Blackmoondragon1415 chapter 11 . 6/8/2012
Why didn't I review this sooner...? Bad brain, bad, bad brain!

The situation that they've found themselves in is quite the plot device, and some pretty nice interactions between the characters is coming out of it. I wonder how you're going to make it fit with the plotline itself.

Hope to see more soon!
BigBlurryThing chapter 11 . 5/29/2012
So this is the chapter you mentioned being stuck at in the past? It is impossible to see what is under the hood now that the final work is all done on this chapter, but I've read it carefully and I do wonder... what could possibly have been so tricky about it?

Either way it looks as brilliant as all the others.
SummerMistedDragon chapter 11 . 5/29/2012
I send the reinforcements of sustanence via reviews! You shall win!

Loved this chapter! :):):):):):)
Blackmoondragon1415 chapter 10 . 5/26/2012
Say, are yout still working on this? It's quite a good story, and I can say honestly that these OCs are going into my favorites list.

And I do agree with you about the attention given to Draco's own predicament, not to mention his feelings about it. I mean, a bit of a breakdown is warranted when you're carrying that much emotional baggage. I'm glad you go into it a little here.

Hope to see you update soon, though it would be horribly hypocritical of me to just come out and say 'do it'. I'm horrible with regular updating...
Draco2393 chapter 10 . 4/21/2012
Hey Lashana. I have read the original of this story and what you have written of the sequal and I must say that this is very good. The way you protray Draco gives im a image that the movie never gave him. I can't wait to see more in the future and wonder what you will do with Drake.
BigBlurryThing chapter 10 . 4/20/2012
With a revolution before them, battles and a resolve that required focus and a clear head, and looking on to create a future for themselves and their people, Draco gracefully backed away and stood silent watching the human drama unfold. Nobody ever asked him how he felt and what ghosts haunted him, and even as they caught up in Avalon he still witheld the true extent of the weight he carried on his wings. This feeling weighs heavily in the movie, right to its end. When he finally opens his heart and the extent of his burden is revealed, Bowen hardly even has time to count all the implications...

Your story, and especially these last 2 chapters, wonderfully address this void, and give his restless a chance to speak, and reveal what other wonders even half of it can do, when it's not making people immortal. He deserves this. Very much. Though he tries to flee from it, knowing that this last hour is the worst possible moment for such attachments.

And yet, in exposing this side of him, he becomes much more than he was portrayed as in the movie. There, his heart symbolized valor, courage, and comradery. Now, a dimension of love is beginning to expand. Will he transcend in this love?

Keep writing. Keep posting. I hope, deep inside, that you are still as enchanted by this tale as when you first wrote it, and that reality and time have not eroded its magic for you. That it still does for YOU what you wanted it to do, and what it's done for countless others, myself included.