Reviews for In the Trenches
JayBee188 chapter 14 . 3/9/2012
Oh, god...I'm crying so bad right now. My grandpa is looking at me as if I've gone mad. :/ We know she gets out, of course...but does she save herself? Do they eventually yank her out and harm her? She can't start another school again... I, personally, have been to eight schools so far. Every first day seems like the end of the world. Looking forward to the next chapter.
Some1tookmyname chapter 13 . 3/9/2012
Um, so we are aware of the evils of Claire, and we are aware of the potential dangers of ol canine grinning Brad...and now I'm afraid of Curtis. Something is not right there.

And that old car? Uh-oh.

I just shuddered writing that.

"The grand finale was met with whistles, cheers, and applause, but to Temperance it just felt like another loss, another good thing that was over."

So beautiful and painful, that thought.

Loved it.
jsq chapter 13 . 3/9/2012
I wanted to be happy for her, winning at Frisbee. But I couldn't be. It felt like the kind of win you get punished for. The same goes for Curtis and his arm around her. It's frightening, the way a gesture can be either comforting or sinister.
Guest chapter 2 . 3/9/2012
Great story. Really enjoyed first two chapters
Impossible-Twins chapter 13 . 3/9/2012
I could easily punch Claire in the face and not feel bad about it. Lol I think maybe her husband isn't too fond of her either.
Pie for President '16 chapter 12 . 3/7/2012
This piece of work is so infuriating, but it's excellent at the same time! I feel awful for Temperance, the homes she goes to seem to be getting worse and worse! :(

I don't have a good feeling about this Brad douche. Mrs. Maxwell is a psychotic b*tch.

Tempe should have stayed with the Davises. They weren't bad compared to the other two families she's stayed with.
Impossible-Twins chapter 12 . 3/6/2012
The homes just keep getting worst. Poor Tempe :(
Mechabeira chapter 12 . 3/6/2012
Amazing as usual. Thank you.
Some1tookmyname chapter 12 . 3/6/2012
Ah, from the overly religious straight into hell.

This chapter made me feel sick to my stomach and yes, that is a compliment. Mrs. Maxwell is one of THOSE people. Nothing you do is right, no answer is good enough. And just when you think you know how to play her game, she changes the rules. She's one I have to label as crazy because otherwise WHY?

And Brad. Oh dear. My skin crawled. A bi-product of his crazy mother, he presents a danger that makes my skin crawl.

She can't win here. At all. The mom in me wants to pack her up and take her home with me. She'd hate it here, all chaos and noise and disorder, but we'd be kind and let her be who she is. I wish someone would allow her that. :(
jsq chapter 12 . 3/6/2012
This family is crazy! I want her to go back to the religious zealots. I loved your description of Mrs. Maxwell's laugh. It was the perfect foreshadowing.
jsq chapter 11 . 3/6/2012
I hate Max and Christine. That's what this chapter made me feel, and it made me feel it strongly.
jsq chapter 10 . 3/6/2012
Oh, the art project hurt my heart. You captured youth group so well. It reminded me of an experience I had as a teenager one time when everyone cam up and hugged me one by one. I went home and burst into tears, because there is nothing worse than being touched when you don't want to be, even if someone is trying to be kind.
a2zmom chapter 11 . 3/5/2012
This story continues to break my heart. It saddens me that there is so little regard for what a child might actually require in terrms of emotional support.
Impossible-Twins chapter 3 . 3/5/2012
I hate bully's! Kyle is a brat and his parents need to punish him when he does something wrong or he'll never get better
Impossible-Twins chapter 2 . 3/5/2012
I feel so sorry for her. She tried so hard to be perfect and keep it together so no one would find out. And they did and now she feels like she's failed. :(
196 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .. Last Next »