Reviews for In the Trenches
ProfeJMarie chapter 6 . 4/1/2012
I've been hearing good things about your story - so here I am, reading. :-)

First... I was so relieved, in a way, to find out that Kyle was a foster child, too... because otherwise I was thoroughly annoyed to think that his parents wouldn't have already known that it would have been unwise to take in any foster children.

Second... I love Russ and his care-taking of his sister. That is just the kind of thing I can see that if my oldest had older siblings, they would do for him (my oldest does not take to change as well, either... not like Temperance at all, but still).

Third... I like how you are showing Temperance's difficulty with adapting and what her version of adaptation and tolerance signifies.

Fourth... that social worker is annoying. I wish all social workers were like my cousin. Unfortunately they are not.

Fifth... this current foster father? Ick. I can imagine this might be the one that locks her in the trunk. :(
razztaztic chapter 24 . 4/1/2012
Ahhhhhhhh! Max was there! Of course Max was there! Ruth is already dead but there's no way he didn't do his best to find out where she was. No way.

This made me very happy! :-D
Mechabeira chapter 24 . 3/31/2012
Aaaaaand...touchdown. Finally. Bravo.
dr. tempe bones chapter 24 . 3/31/2012
I really like this. You cut it back from 30 parts? Boo. I can't wait for more
millievern chapter 24 . 3/30/2012
Another wonderful chapter! Thinking about Brennan going through all of these big moments alone is just so heartbreaking. And I knew that senator was bad news! Heh.

Once again, I'm torn between loving the chapter and being sad that we're getting so close to the end!
loverofbones chapter 24 . 3/30/2012
Your story is fantastic, I had tears when she lived with the nasty family who stuck her in the trunk, I smiled when she was offered summer classes from Jack and Nora, also smiled at the things the last foster mother did for her. Can't wait to read the rest.
CrAzYbutLoVaBlE chapter 24 . 3/30/2012
Nice chapter! I liked it, even though not that much really happened in it. Well, graduation and spring break did. Ugh. Politicians. Brennan never seemed to like them. Well cant wait for your next update and the new bones episode!
Rouzwud chapter 23 . 3/29/2012
I have been waiting for you too finish since I enjoy stories more when I can read them in one sitting. However, I took a peek at the last two chapters and it looks good.
cyllan chapter 23 . 3/29/2012
Wow, this is good.

When I read that it was fully canon-compliant and that there was no Booth, I almost dropped it. The show gives just enough details to show Bones' years in care were awful, and from the style of the first chapter I could tell it would be a hard read (I mean that as a compliment).

But the writing was too good and little Temperance too believable. I love how you worked all the comments scattered through six seasons (and a half?) into this "linear" story.

Thanks for sharing!
jsq chapter 23 . 3/29/2012
This chapter was bittersweet on several letters. Things are going well for her, but she doesn't get to celebrate the way she would have were things different. Frau Becker is good for her, but she can only ever be second best. Temperance has accepted that her parents are dead...but only because she believes they wouldn't have left her. We all know how that turns out.

Excellent chapter- you did a great job of incorporating all we learned from the HS reunion episode.
jsq chapter 22 . 3/29/2012
I like that Miss Dougherty specifically selected the placement for Brennan. Like some of the kids at school, I think she was trying to do her very best by someone she really didn't understand. It was a nice compliment to Mr. Buxley- someone who really did manage to understand her. Very nice.
jsq chapter 21 . 3/29/2012
Grr. The Bradentons were good people- they should've given her more notice, prepared her more. I did really like how Temperance thought about what her mother would've said and accepted that she would have to be the one to say those things now. It was a quiet turning point, but it was one...and in some ways it was a universal one. We all have to do that, but she's having to do it so soon and for all the wrong reasons.
CrAzYbutLoVaBlE chapter 23 . 3/29/2012
Great chapter! Im glad she got accepted into the college she wanted! But i feel bad that she feels empty inside... but things are lookimg up for her!
Impossible-Twins chapter 23 . 3/29/2012
I knew she'd get in! :)
a2zmom chapter 23 . 3/28/2012
Finally, good things are happeming for Temperence, but by this point she's become so emotionally closed off that it barely effects her. It's so sad to watch her harden herself so completely.
196 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 .. Last Next »