Reviews for In the Trenches
Mechabeira chapter 17 . 3/15/2012
17 chapters in and still this good? You have something happening here that everyone needs to know about.
It's always me chapter 17 . 3/15/2012
I have rad all wonderfully written would be highly praised is you were to 'update' this story sometime soon.
catleft chapter 17 . 3/14/2012
Just came across this story. I like how you make most of the foster parents (except Clair - I'm surprised she had any children who lived past childhood) understandable. I almost cried with how nice Mr. Buxley was with Tempe in chap. 17.
Jewelvine chapter 17 . 3/14/2012
This story has managed to take my heart, smash it, and then mend together the fragments.

Sad yet very well written.
CrAzYbutLoVaBlE chapter 16 . 3/13/2012
That was so sad. Good, but sad. I like how the janitor was nice to her. And i am soo glad shes leaving the maxwells. Claire is horrible. And the last line, about how temperance had done this to herself, crushed me. Update soon!
jsq chapter 16 . 3/13/2012
Thank god she is leaving that house. Seriously, thank god. I'm so glad some kids and a teacher at the school noticed there was something off, even if they didn't pursue it as much as they could've. Also, the introduction of Mr. Buxley! Yay!
Some1tookmyname chapter 16 . 3/12/2012
The last line broke my heart.

Scratch that. It was already broken and then that last line stomped it flat. Because really? She's done none of it to herself and anyone else would have cracked in a worse way and well before this.

I'm just stunned by Claire Maxwell's behavior. Believe me, I understand these people exist. That's the beauty of what you've done here...you've made her real. Crazy, yet plausible in the very worst kind of way.

And sweet Mr. Buxley, understanding that we all need our quiet spaces. And how sad that she is no longer certain what she should do with kindness.

Well written, of course, but heart crushing.
Some1tookmyname chapter 15 . 3/12/2012
I literally couldn't breathe during this chapter and then looked up and realized that I was in a dressing room at my local Kohl's and the contrast between being lost in Brennan's dark, enclosed, lonely, scary place and where I was, was jarring.

I just...I can't imagine. And you wrote it in such a way that I felt her agony and terror.

Awful. Brilliant and awful.
Some1tookmyname chapter 14 . 3/12/2012
The longer she is there, the crazier it gets. And the more dangerous. I kind of pity anyone who holds off to read this in one big sitting. The kick to my gut I feel after every chapter is brutal. Can't imagine it all at once!

Claire is just...Brennan can't win. She just can't. And that's scary.
JayBee188 chapter 16 . 3/12/2012
...At least she won't be with those people any more. And mister Buxley remains her friend for a while...also, she goes to the reunion fifteen years later which means she did graduate from there. Whatever family she goes to next has to be within about fifteen miles from that hellish place. Post soon, please.
Mechabeira chapter 16 . 3/12/2012
My heart crept into my throat with the first sentence. Bravo.
jsq chapter 15 . 3/12/2012
Wow, you really captured what it means to be someone trying too hard to win a game that has always been rigged. This chapter was honest and painful and spot-on.

By the way, more of a technical thing, but I thought you really used Chekov's "If there's a loaded gun on stage in Act 1" axiom well by having it be the trunk of the "project car" she was placed in. Nice.
jsq chapter 14 . 3/12/2012
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS FAMILY?

Wonderful imagery, her falling asleep with the Biology text book. Was it intentionally symbolic of how she would come to use science as a protective shield?
Impossible-Twins chapter 15 . 3/10/2012
I hope the Maxwell's get whats coming to them!
Impossible-Twins chapter 14 . 3/10/2012
I wish Max and Russ WOULD come back and kick the crap out of him!
196 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 .. Last Next »