Reviews for Lane's Odyssey
Anti-Kryptonite chapter 15 . 7/4/2014
This is such a wonderful story! I loved it from beginning to end - the idea of a Clark taken over by Darkseid's darkness is so tragic, so I loved that that was only the jumping off point before we got to go back through all the (slightly) happier times before. Such a stroke of genius to have the entire plot hinge around Clark's need for Lois - and Lois's need for Clark! I loved seeing her try to woo him, in a way, but really without any more of an idea how to do that than our Lois did. The way we got to see Clark through Lois's eyes - the way she sees him, the things other people see as flaws in him but that she sees as beauty - was breathtaking, and there were several chapters that I had to reread bits of over and over again because they made me so happy. I loved getting to see Clark's slow realization of his feelings for Lois, without the month of not having her that made him realize it in-show, and how he gradually came to need her. It was pretty heartbreaking how he took her promise not to leave him and clung to it so tightly - really reminds you of how lonely he is all the time, and how afraid he is of losing all the people he loves. I was so glad that Night got to be saved too - and though I was horrified to hear that Lois helped Chloe with her hide-the-serial-killer-in-the-basement plan, I'm at least glad that she realized it was the wrong thing to do. SO sad to see Jimmy and Chloe not end up together, but at least Jimmy survived!

Thank you so much for such a lovely, thoroughly enthralling story from beginning to end! It kept me riveted to it and I loved getting to see Lois and Clark reach their happily-ever-after (or as much of one as they ever get!)!
Ana chapter 15 . 3/31/2014
This is probably the best Clois fic that I have ever read. I've read quite a few time travel fanfictions from every genre and this is the best one I have ever read. Your writing made me feel every emotion and I loved it. I was in love with this fic from beginning to end. Thank you for sharing this with us. I'm reading this 2 years later but that doesn't even matter. Until next time. .
bigfan22 chapter 15 . 1/12/2014
That story was just fantastic. I'm stunned that this wonderful fic only has 10 review! To be's a shame this story hasn't received more attention!

Normally I'm weary of time travel or alternate dimension stories, because they're usually a hit or a miss. This story was without a doubt a hit. Every chapter just kept getting better and better, and I loved seeing how future Lois dealt with her destiny to love Clark. Without her...Night and the Darkness would destroy mankind. As powerful as Superman is, without Lois loving Clark and giving him a reason to fight the Darkness, the Man of Steel never comes to be.

I would like to thank you for all the hard work you've put into this story...GREAT JOB and amazing writing!
TooWeirdTooFunction chapter 15 . 6/15/2013
seriously one of the best fics i've read: The story, the plots, the twist and turns, the characters. I loved how there were so many refrences to what happened in the real show - but you totally made it your own :)
tua33915 chapter 15 . 3/5/2013
Absolutely adored this story. One of the best I've read on this site. Clana drama was wholly unnecessary. Clois has enough obstacles caused soley by the two of them without any external teen melodrama angst thrown in. Lana just screams selfish and immature. Her character isn't in he same league as the others and always drags a good fic down. Still a fun read though.
WadeWells chapter 15 . 12/18/2012
This story was incredible! I absolutely loved it. It was awesome!

My only suggestion is to shorten the chapters. They are easier to read if they are short. Again, great job!
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 15 . 12/4/2012
From the opening, you created a chilling picture of a world where everything fell apart without providing any explicit answers ‘ahead of schedule’- that Clark fell to Darkseid might be obvious, but how and why that happened were not-, and your analysis of Lois’s thoughts and reactions to Night were excellent, contempt and anger at what he had become balanced well with her equally strong sense of guilt and grief over the idea that he fell to this extent, even if she wasn’t initially aware of how significant the choice of Clark as a host for the Darkness was.
The idea that everything in this world came about because Lois never went back after Lana’s return was simple but effective- even if it sounds like she spent a bit too long denying the importance of her decision not to go back to Clark to the Legion; feelings that prompt her to uproot her life and try and start over because she felt rejected are NOT feelings that can be casually dismissed-, and subsequent developments as the Legion take one last chance to help her ‘re-do’ what came before is very well-handled, to say nothing of her response to Clark as she has trouble relating to him as Clark after spending so long only facing Night, even without her fears of her inability to give him the emotional commitment that the Legion have ‘predicted’ she would provide him with.
Still, even if she continues to demonstrate her natural stubbornness, Lois’s reactions to such moments as Clark being shot or her jealousy over Maxima- even if she doesn’t want to admit to them- are all perfectly in character for her in this time period, and her revelation that Clark IS the Blur generally works (Slightly surprised that she didn’t see it before, but I suppose it never occurred to her to put a ‘Star Wars’ perspective on Oliver’s comment about Night/Clark killing the Blur), particularly given the subsequent amusement of her and Clark each independently trying to keep his secret by having someone else dress as the Blur.
Lana’s return might be abrupt, but it certainly provides an interesting catalyst for Lois’s feelings to be analysed in greater depth, ranging from her recollection of the Darkness/Darkseid informing her that she’s always Clark’s second choice (While omitting the fact that sometimes he wasn’t aware that there was a first choice; immediate post-Crisis canon had Clark never seeing Lana as anything other than a sister, as an example) to the contrast between Lana deliberately trying to become what she feels Clark ‘needs’ while Lois is just being there for Clark as herself rather than trying to change herself.
Admittedly, you temporarily lost points with the Lois/Davis elements, but considering that you quickly established that they were the result of outside circumstances, it’s easy enough to overlook that, particularly when you introduce the various visions of the future and bring back a Lois that will allow Clark to start anew in their relationship without the fears or burden of living up to his future self or the concern that Lois may not be able to forgive what he did in the future as Darkness (She evidently DID forgive him in that timeline, but considering Clark’s guilt complex it’s good to know that factor won’t be an issue).
A bit uncertain about your decision to save Davis- the man still killed people to control himself; nobody appointed him judge and jury, and quite frankly I think it would have been easier if Chloe and/or Tess had just let him get dumped in the Phantom Zone-, but your look at what happened to Davis in the darker future certainly worked, to say nothing of the HIGHLY interesting twist of how they defeated Doomsday in this new world...
The temporal implications of the multiple timelines and different versions of Lois and Clark in existence might be highly confusing, but I can’t deny that you created a brilliant plot that REALLY explored their relationship.
Keep up the great work!
Crystal chapter 15 . 10/20/2012
Great story! Your characterization of Lois was spot-on :)
madcloisfan chapter 15 . 2/15/2012
Loved it
Neraluz chapter 15 . 2/9/2012
Very interesting premise, well executed as well.

And I loved the plugs to LnC's Lex and the movie's iconic Superman debut, .
BaDWolF89 chapter 9 . 2/9/2012
Damn it Lana, go away already or something. I need more Cloisness, and I want Lana to look all Debbie Downer... Until next update!
britnic77 chapter 8 . 2/6/2012
How am I the only one that has reviewed? It boggles the mind... This is an awesome fic.. Jimmy was being a bit of a bad boy going around Lois to Clark.. I like to that Lois put it together about Clark and the Blur.. till next time!
britnic77 chapter 6 . 2/3/2012
Just read all 5 chapters and I love it.. It gives a new twist that I have not read before and I am diggin' it! Till next time!