Reviews for Meet Me in Montauk
formerlyknownasyay chapter 8 . 9/4/2014
"Don't," he says. "Just…don't. Fresh start?"

"No," replies Kaldur. Roy's head jerks slightly in surprise, brow furrowing. The Atlantean withdraws his hand, then offers a shy smile, averting his gaze. "There are too many things I could not bear to forget."
*delighted squeal*
This was lovely, and heart wrenching, and sad and just SO MANY EMOTIONS.
formerlyknownasyay chapter 3 . 9/4/2014
This chapter broke my heart a little. If Roy had only come earlier...
momentarily chapter 8 . 5/20/2014
this story... is just beyond words. you've captured them perfectly, their dynamic, exactly why they'd work so well together. your writing is spectacular.
Guest chapter 8 . 10/1/2013
Super super awesome story! You got me hooked science the very first chapter. Its great in an its-really-late-and-i-should-be-asleep-by-now kind of way. Awesome work and I cant wait to read more things by you! )
xTammyVx chapter 7 . 4/29/2013
What I cannot believe is that E.L. James has sold that Fifty Shades of Grey crap, and you aren't up on that level yet. Seriously. The plot begins in a dip, then gets even lower, and then got brighter, and now this?

I know that this was probably what you were going for and I'm just stating the obvious, but I'm going to, anyway; Just as Kaldur starts to remember, Roy loses him AGAIN. And he simply can't do anything.

Catching an insight that isn't drug- or alcohol-related was a nice touch, too (not that those flashbacks were bad-they were fantastically written and placed-just that seeing them in "normal" couple moments of caring is such a sweet change).
xTammyVx chapter 6 . 4/29/2013
I love how it all unravels, and Kaldur's just trying desperately to keep all the anger-fueled emotions in.

I've already finished reading it, and so I can say in certainty that watching Kaldur spiral, and simultaneously see Roy fall and recover is so tragically beautiful.
xTammyVx chapter 8 . 4/29/2013
Please don't tell me that I'm the only one who cried.

I am totally going to leave reviews for the other chapters, but I thought that I would write this one first, just to thank you for writing such an amazing story! Seriously good stuff!
TooCreative4Life chapter 8 . 4/19/2013
Amazing! I love this story. So full of tears, compassion, hurt and just plain emotion. The way that you wrote this is amazing. You have the characters all in character with their little laughs, doubts and problems. I adore how you wrote Roy with all of his short-comings and how you bit-by-bit told us what he said to make Kaldur want to forget. That was so heart wrenching. Kaldur's heartbreak and feeling of betrayal and hsi sense of not belonging without Roy through out the story was just plain perfect.

I love your writing, plain and simple. And this fic is offcially my favorite Roy/Kaldur fic EVER.
SageStormAshes chapter 1 . 3/30/2013
The first chapter...oh my god. I can't breathe and can't think. This is... sweet jesus. It was amazing.
snyderk161 chapter 8 . 3/11/2013
right that was sad
Blessed24 7 chapter 8 . 10/28/2012
This is the cutest thing I have read in a very long time. I read it all in one go, even though it's the wee hours of the morning and I have work soon. No regrets. The character development in Roy and Kaldur was engaging and it was sweet to see how effected the team was by all this. Loved it. :)
Mistress of Solitude chapter 8 . 7/5/2012
This is absolutely beautiful!
I really enjoyed reading this D
Honestly I love the way you focus on both Kaldur and Roy, but still keep the team involved.
This was awesome3
And currently my second favorite Young Justice fan fic, after Armistice.
Planet Mads chapter 8 . 4/27/2012
It's over. Which is sad. But I loved it. LOVED IT. So, um, yes. Here are a few of the reasons why:

1. 'He will be a soldier and a scholar as long as he lives, probably for far longer than he will be a hero, if his life does not end too soon for this to be true (Kaldur has always recognized the realness of this particular possibility; others on the team shy away from talking about it, and Roy used to shout at him whenever he brought it up, but Kaldur has never been one to kid himself about these things).' Because you called Kaldur a scholar (which is so very true but I didn't realise until I read it) and because you made him realistic about the whole dying thing.

2. '"And let us know when you need help," Wally adds. "Like, before you hit the breaking point."' Wonderful one-liner and it describes how they all feel about Kaldur. Much love.

3. The entire scene with Roy and Kaldur. And just how passionate he is about Kaldur but how he's trying to reign himself in. '"Yeah," he says, laughing weakly. "Yeah I think I'd like that. Fuck. No. Screw all this understatement, Kaldur, please keep the goddamn key and visit whenever the hell you want. Even if it's the middle of the night. Even if it's never. I just…please. I want you to…to have the option."

Kaldur can't help but laugh in return – this is the Roy he knows, foul-mouthed and passionate, though with a softer edge than he remembers.'

And 'Before he knows it, Roy's arms are around him, pulling him tight against that broad chest as the archer buries his face in his neck. And in that moment, Kaldur is struck by the feeling that he has finally come home.'

So yes, I love this.
Konyi chapter 8 . 4/15/2012
I promised myself I wouldn't break down, but here I am. I just freaking ran to my brother and gave him a hug. I really did need that. omg, thank you so much. this was such a wonderful read. It is only the second fanfic I've read of roy and Kal, and needless to say, I'm in love. Freaking shipping this ship so hard now. but anyways, all of this was the perfect length. I feel as though our main two protagonists have grown so much. You told of having second chances, regret, growing up, being strong, relying on others for help. It was just really beautiful okay, and I may or may be crying right again, thank you for writing this, and well I'll be checking your other stories out, so see you on the next one ;)
Konyi chapter 7 . 4/15/2012
You really did just sent my heart through a roller coaster of emotions. The flashbacks were so magical, it's like, you included everything in nothing. If that makes sense. They were so memorable and beautiful, that I think, is what I love most about this fanfic. How you convey immense beauty in subtle ways. I find your transitions very smooth, not once have I gotten lost. It all has flowed so naturally, never lacking and never overwhelming.

I sorta died when Roy said he loved Kaldur, and I also sorta died when Kal finally woke up, and I also sorta died from beginning to end. In the good way dying, mind you. but yes, I'm a bit saddened that I'm near the end, but it all developed so lovely and I'm getting a sense of closure that i don't mind to much. well, let me finish this wonderful work, see you on the next chappie, and thank you for writing this :)