Reviews for Edith Rose Wallingford Montgomery
Guest chapter 17 . 9/22/2012
very interesting story
acmac chapter 17 . 6/6/2012
Thoroughly enjoyed this story! I was really interested to get some backstory on Edith; unlike most in the DM fandom, I ADORED Edith! Your writing has a nice consistent voice and good flow. Thanks for sharing!
Snowsie2011 chapter 17 . 5/27/2012
The poem is poignant and lovely. Martin really did love Edith, and would have called her back if his witch of a mother had given him the message, which of course, she didn't.

I'm sad to see your story end, but happy to read that there will be a sequel.
Chapin chapter 17 . 5/26/2012
Now to go back and read the story straight through.

Well done. Interesting how Edith softens a bit toward the end, but Martin is resolute. Edith was mistaken. The poem was for her.
partsguy chapter 17 . 5/25/2012
Well done. Love the background on Edith, fits right in with the character in the series.
robspace54 chapter 17 . 5/25/2012
Well! Fantastic story and we now see the backstory, the machinations of Southwood, and the lost and sad days of Edith and Martin as a couple.

Time to rest your fingers, keyboard, and brain - until the next Doc Martin tale emerges from your creative mind!
jd517 chapter 16 . 5/21/2012
Awww. I wish he would act so romantically towards Louisa. But really, this is lovely. And the sign of a caring man that he would do it.
partsguy chapter 16 . 5/19/2012
How very well done. Two people who cannot come to grips with what they need versus what they want. Explains much about Martin, but perhaps Louisa as well.
partsguy chapter 8 . 5/19/2012
Excellent! Substitute Louisa for Edith and it explains many of her problems with Martin. Well done indeed.
fanficfan71 chapter 16 . 5/19/2012
Now we know when the poem comes into it. Great chapter.
Snowsie2011 chapter 16 . 5/18/2012
Lovely, lovely chapter, sad and hopeful all at once

Martin and Edith saying good bye to each other, "passionately ended their relationship as it began."

Edith saying farewell to London and her family, before flying to Montreal to start her fellowship at the Royal Victoria (of which I have fond memories, as you know).

Edith's thoughtful gift to Martin of a statue, that unbeknownst to her, reminds him of his great grandfather.

And lastly the poem, which brought tears to my eyes.

Thank you for writing Edith's story. I look forward to the next chapter!
Chapin chapter 16 . 5/18/2012
Just read these last two chapters and they are so wonderful. This portrayal of Edith does so much to flesh out the monochromatic picture of the canon. Both of them reaching for the possibility and even need of reaching for something beyond themselves. Martin could have left in the taxi. Instead they have a meaningful closure and remembrance for the years ahead - which is now.
robspace54 chapter 16 . 5/18/2012
A poem and a parting... Nice 'leaving home' chapter! At least Edith and Martin did not have a fight at the end.
jd517 chapter 15 . 5/16/2012
The origin of the famous Buddah, hmm. Very nicely done. Poor Martin, he's having a rough time of it. Can't wait for your next installment.
fanficfan71 chapter 15 . 5/11/2012
Ah the entrance of the Buddha. Great chapter.