Reviews for The Difference
penandra chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
I think that I had read this story when you first published it, but was on my eReader and didn't get a review submitted. Just found it again. It is such a great story.

You had me all the way through . . . I was fairly certain that this would not go the way of Rebecca or Hannah (or even Tessa who ran when Angela talked about the vacation being a prelude to moving in together) . . . but this was so perfect.

He stayed. She was afraid of what it would mean, but she stayed even though she was afraid - she didn't run, and he didn't get angry. So good. So very, very, good.

While I understand your need to be writing for Castle, we miss you in the Bones fandom. Thank you for this wonderful story.
Resounding chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
I really liked how you went with this! Very cute story :)
emzsidle chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
Wow, this is beautiful! I love it in the beginning when Bones gets jealous over Rebecca and how she suddenly doubted Booth's love for her.

And then, this!

This makes me love Booth more. LOL
sunsetdreamer chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
This is just so heart tugging. Brennan being so obviously affected by emotional things always strikes me harder because you know they strike HER harder, since she's still adjusting to the intensity of letting in all these messy feelings she can't control with an iron fist anymore. This line was just perfect;

"Because as much as she can say that she and Booth belong together, there was a time when he belonged to someone else."

I love it. I love it I love it. And she's so completely devastated by the proposal and so certain that it's all over, and I was just crushed. You do a magnificent job of getting her emotions across in such a realistic manner. I love that Booth is patient and empathetic and ultimately Brennan understands that she is nothing like the others, and what they have is something entirely unique to anything either one of them have ever experienced before. Lovely.
alexindigo chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
Brilliant and oh so on point. Thank you for having a Brennan who doesn't think she needs to change her views for him. Thank you for having a Booth who finally understands that what they have is already everything and being married isn't as important as being with her. You made me tear up a couple of times there and there was the point where I almost stopped reading because of the feeling of dread in my stomach when Brennan was SO sure that Booth would leave her now that she had said no.

Great resolution and incredible story! Thank you so much for sharing! )
etakkate chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
beautiful, perfect! what a tricker! even i was angry at booth for a moment, lol. just wonderful!
Katniss730 chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
Interesting...I can sympathize with Bones. My husband was my first love, but I wasn't his. Being someone's last love is most important!
Noie chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
I love this new birthday tradition! We all get to celebrate. I really like your interpretation of the prompt. I think this would be a definite fear of Brennan's. She really takes his words AND behavior at face value so his tradition response would be one she would be afraid of. Thanks so much for the post!
my-completeness chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
Great one!
FaithinBones chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
I liked this story. I liked how calm Booth was.
Tartantrace chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
Bravo! Great new twist on that idea :0) Great job
vacruz2 chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
Wow, this was beyond good! That was amazing!
rosyle chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
This was absolutely perfect. 3
RositaLG chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
So many things to say!

1) The Bones Theory post this morning ties in perfectly with your story, so yay for that.

2) My favorite quote from HH goes something like this "Booth always chooses women who say no. Brennan doesn't say yes. It's different." and I've wanted to write something about that for months. Maybe someday I will. lol. But I feel like this is just so right on for this fic. You wrote it perfectly.

3)Thank God E got you out in the fic world because I don't know where I'd be if I didn't have your beautiful stories to read. You have the best way of saying something that I already know, I just don't realize that I know it. And then it hits me in the chest and I can't believe I never realized it before! :)

PS: This is perfection: "She wonders briefly if this is how all his past girlfriends felt. She wonders if they saw this strong, handsome, kind man staring back at them and felt the exact way she feels now. She glances at the ring; it would be so easy to say yes, to live the life he wants. But she can't give up her beliefs for his. Their relationship is about compromise and she loves him, she knows that, but love isn't a piece of paper, love isn't a band of expensive metal on your finger. He taught her all that."
JMHaughey chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
Way to gut someone.

I love this - Love is warm Sunday mornings with pancakes in their new kitchen, love is movies turned down to mute while they sleep together on the couch, love is watching their baby girl grow a little more each day, love is Booth and Brennan, nothing more, nothing less.

This is so lovely. Kudos, Em!

"I'm saying that you saying 'no' doesn't make me angry, it doesn't make me want to run away." He inches closer, "If anything, it makes me want you more." Of course, because what's theirs is theirs.