Reviews for Listening
Rangers042376 chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
This was so sweet and tender. I could so see Booth actually thinking this. Truly beautiful.

TMK
JoBelle chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
Lovely, quiet litle fic I can feel how satisfied Booth is and he deserves it :)
mef1013 chapter 1 . 5/8/2012
This was an incredibly sweet look into their family life. Loved it.
cheysma2000 chapter 1 . 3/2/2012
Their reality finally caught up with them. :)
Baileyjane chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
Finally catching up on fic reading!

This was lovely, so peaceful and gentle. I could picture Booth perfectly as I read it - it's such a Booth-y thing to do, you captured him exactly right!

*sigh* so sweet

Well done as always!
tantemary chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
Somehow I missed this when you first posted. I love the quietness of this piece. Ver nicely written! As someone else commented, we all benefit on birthdays :-)
tullia chapter 1 . 2/16/2012
Lovely

He thinks about how he has always believed that life is made up of two parts…what is and what should be. And how, for a long time, he spent his nights hoping that the should bes would become what is.
Wilhemina23 chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
Such a lovely piece...you have provided a wonderful glimpse into part of the character's lives that would be amazing to see. Thanks for allowing me to imagine it in my head as I read your great story.
JBCFlyers19 chapter 1 . 2/7/2012
Wonderful! I loved it!
ceeray3 chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
Very nice. I love the idea of Booth listening to his life. Taking time to stop and really think about it. To appreciate what it has become. I like that you have everything so quiet. It's a great contrast. Well done. :)
jsq chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
I'm sure you already know that the content of this story is excellent, so I'm going to move on. I wanted to comment on the structure. This story was arranged in a lovely manner. I adore one-shots that have a sense of rhythm, and this did. It became almost musical. Again, lovely.
sunsetdreamer chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
*waves* Hi, friend! Friday's Ren Catch-Up Day plans were a bust, since I got called into work, but I am trying to make up for it today. Let's get this going;

First of all, I would just like to say that it still pisses me off that you can be all, "Oh, look at me, I haven't started THINKING about writing, blah blah blah" and then bam. 12 hours later, this. Screw you.

Everything about Booth and Brennan's adjustment periods appeals to me, and maybe that's because we've missed such a heartbreaking amount of it onscreen, but this is what I love to see. Booth adapting to these comforting sights and sounds in the quiet of night and having it slowly sink in that they are the new normal. The conversation between the baby and Brennan... holy cutest thing ever. This was my favourite;

"I would like very much to hit REM sleep, please. You don't have to go all night. I will take four hours."

It's absolutely perfect and ohmygod I want to see this. I want to so bad. My heart tensed up and I smiled reflexively and it was one of those moments where the thought of "I love these characters" just overwhelmed me. I know we always say this, but birthdays around here are really for everyone now, not just the birthday girl, and I'm oh so glad :)
Martreiya chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
Wow! Lovely fic! :)
bones35 chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
Wonderfully written and touches all of the important things; Booth finding solace in these gifts.
etakkate chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
aw, man, im jealous! i wish my partner was as sentimental as Booth (as do all women i'm sure, lol). lovely story! just beautiful