Reviews for Promises of a Wandering Hero
Hero Slayer chapter 2 . 2/7/2012
Interesting. I admit the whole, Emiya Shirou's real family thing is a nice plot point to use for a story, but I really didn't expect a Love Hina cross over.

Hehehe, Shirou I feel bad for you. VN harem antics have nothing on Romantic Comedy Harem Antics.

And I agree completely on the author's note. A warrior is only as strong as his own will. I've seen normal guys take out marines because they sucker punched them. Sure the marine got back up in a bit, but a normal (rather skinny guy) managed to knock the wind out of him just be being sneaky.

If you don't see it coming any attack can be dangerous.
lhklan The Unpronounceable chapter 2 . 2/7/2012
Hmmm good good. Very good. Your explanation about Shirou being knocked out is acceptable, so that's one problem solved.

However, I have to agree with most of the reviewers here: The Shinmei-Ryu techniques don't need to be upgraded. It is already powerful in its own right.
Ergast chapter 2 . 2/7/2012
Well, I have just finished the second chapter, and all still seems right. As it's still the introduction arc and you can't do many differences, there is hardly anything to comment, as nothing is out of place. Although I would have loved to read all the conversation between Shirou and Rin, instead of only Shirou's part *laughs*

I'm quite eager to see what's Motoko relationship with our dear sword-freak in the next chapters (I foresee a duel/spar between both swordmans in the near future). Or Kitsune's antics at trying to con him (luckily, he has experience dealing with animals). Shinobu's scene was downright cute, and I think Suu is going to think of Shirou as the best toy ever if she manages to get herself on his good side. I still don't know where to put Naru, though. On one hand, I understand her mistrust, but on the other, I have to admit that at the beggining she was somehow helpful with Keitaro when she discovered his "lie" and she tried to help him. Well, at least her character devolpment has the easy solution of she being his study buddy later.

Okay, that aside, I don't think you need to upgrade the Shinmei Ryu. Sure, in the original Love Hina it didn't seem that powerful because two reasons:

1.- Keitaro was virtually inmortal. The only time a wound stuck for sometime, he received enough punishment to kill a Servant twice (or Herakles once). And no, I'm not exagerating. Much.

2.- Motoko and Tsuruko are masters of the discipline. I'm pretty sure they can hold their attacks to non-lethal. If we see what they can do in Negima (Tsuruko and Motoko are Setsuna's masters, and suposedly stronger than her, or at least Motoko post-LH is, taking into account that she can control the Hina Blade), the Shinmei Ryu is quite terrifying. Again, Negima's powerlevels are much greater than in Love Hina, but even then if you translate to the lesser powerlevels (and seriousness) of LH, it's still a quite powerful discipline. They can keep it with missiles and optic beam weapons.
Obiki Doragon chapter 2 . 2/7/2012
Okay, your reasoning with Shirou's knock-out is sound. Being suckerpunched is not a pleasant feeling I'll have you know. On the other hand, be careful on what you upgrade and how much. Like you said this is not dragonball. While the Shinmeiryuu does rely on ki to execute their moves, the practitioners are still human no matter how strong Tsuruko is, there will be a limit on how much damage that they can give Shirou, bearer of the ever powerful panacea Avalon and has the ability to make is bones into swords if the need arises or not. Other than that, Story has my interest and will be going into my watch list.
Farmer Kyle chapter 2 . 2/7/2012
Not bad and fairly interesting. The only complaint I have is the word confusion. Mostly you're just using the wrong tense or form of the word, and this chapter was much better than the last in that field.

Good Luck in Life and Writing!
Fangking2 chapter 2 . 2/7/2012
Good job. In Love Hina fic there is always a good douse of NArua nd Motoko anger, so you are doing fine. I hope to see some sparing soon.
the DragonBard chapter 2 . 2/7/2012
Interesting.

Just came across this, and I'm liking it so far.

Upgrade Shinmei Ryu? Why? I mean, yeah, Shirou and the various Heroes of the Grail War are powerful, but Shinmei Ryu practitioners are very powerful as well. They can even cut spirits or other things that are intangible, as well as bypass barriers (even magical barriers) without damaging the barrier, but hitting what's behind it. One Shinmei warrior is powerful enough to destroy battleships and carriers with a single attack.
TheExpendable Joe chapter 2 . 2/7/2012
Oh! Illya vs Kanako!
Darkskeleton chapter 2 . 2/7/2012
the fic has potential & I hope you finish it... for now seem good to me but I have a question.

why did he try for todai exactely? I don't think shirou is the kind of person who would try for something like that.

Another question, which one is his girlfriend?

Saber? Saber & rin? Sakura? or strangly enough all of them?

if Tsuruko isn't married, why does mokoto hate men?

and will Tsuruko & shirou ever met?

good luck for thr next chapter, update soon!
karthik9 chapter 2 . 2/7/2012
it is excellent chapter i look forward to future updates
sh8ad8ow chapter 2 . 2/7/2012
Great chapter please continue soon.
sertry chapter 2 . 2/7/2012
Brilliant) Wound Saber have an appearance in this story?)
Jarm957 chapter 2 . 2/7/2012
great chapter, Love this story keep up the good work
Ginko Yurishiro chapter 2 . 2/7/2012
Now this is interesting, Rin actually has the ability to contact Shirou.

I can't wait for Shirou to trace the Hina Blade :P