Reviews for Into the Woods
Biff McLaughlin chapter 51 . 6/29/2014
Good grief, I can't believe I forgot to drop a review on this chapter! Very nicely wrapped up, quite perfectly, actually. A great adventure, with liberal doses of romance, a little jealousy, and a lot of really creative details, makes for good reading, and you hit it all. Shame to see this one end, but all good things do. Great job! Cheers, Biff
Xaiael chapter 51 . 6/16/2014
After soooo long your story is finish , thank you for it ! I'm sad because I wanted , I don't know maybe an epilog - with Jennie and Fergus life and their children - or I don't know with...I don't know I'm just sad you your next story ! LOL !
Arsinoe de Blassenville chapter 51 . 6/14/2014
Yay! Jennie's back home in Ferelden, and sha and Fergus have found each other! Very satisfying ending.
Melysande chapter 51 . 6/13/2014
I'm such a Fergus fangirl and your Jennie Hawke is perfect for your Fergus. It wouldn't be Thedas if it was easy. I'm glad he came for her - she needed that additional knowledge that he wanted her I think. Glad Varric is doing so well, but wish Zev would just come back! I like this version where Jennie misses the mess that is Kirkwall at the end of DA2.
Suilven chapter 51 . 6/13/2014
And, a fitting conclusion for Jennie and Fergus. I've enjoyed this story so much - thank you for writing it! :)
Biff McLaughlin chapter 50 . 6/2/2014
Love this ending for Fenris and Isabela! Fergus and Jennie's ending wasn't entirely happy, but it's not all unhappy, either. I like that they do make a definite commitment to one another without just coming right out and saying it. This definitely feels like it's winding down, and I'll be sad to see it end. But ... it's been a good run! Great update. Cheers, Biff
Arsinoe de Blassenville chapter 50 . 5/23/2014
I'm very glad to see Isabela and Fenris making a go of it!

As for Jennie-personally, I find Kirkwall such an awful place I think she should wash her hands of it, but she's a very responsible girl. Yes, she should see Varric home, and then she should take stock of her situation.
LeanoraPascault chapter 50 . 5/23/2014
Enjoyable as usual! thanks for sharing your gift.
Oleander's One chapter 50 . 5/21/2014
You know, I've never really been able to accept the unHawked Isabela/Fenris thing in-game—it just never made any sense to me. But this ... Isabela deconstructing those giant walls enough for him to scale what's left, that works for me. And the perfect bit of 'Princess Bride' at the end!
Oleander's One chapter 49 . 5/21/2014
Even with all of these thoughts and words that we've never heard from Varric before, that utterly true thread of his voice shines through the chapter. But oh, that squeeze of my heart at the end ...
Suilven chapter 50 . 5/20/2014
I really like the way you handled the parting between Jennie and Fergus - a sad and realistic acknowledgement of their respective duties and responsibilities, but the hope and desire of pursuing something more. Fenris and Isabela was perfectly done, too. I'm going to miss this story when it's finished!
Melysande chapter 50 . 5/20/2014
Part of me wanted the fairy tale ending for Jennie and Fergus, since the both deserve it, but this ending is so much more real and in its own way satisfying for them...since its a promise not an ending.
And Isabela and Fenris do get a fairy tale ending of sorts. Sharing a cabin on Isabela's ship as a pirates.
Varric and Zev will be fine too - Jennie will watch out for them.
Wonderful story. I'll miss them. hint
Biff McLaughlin chapter 49 . 4/11/2014
A big bag of mixed emotions here! Happy to see the gang make it back to civilization again, sad to see them drift apart, and particularly sad to see that there would be no romance today. And not for me, but for them, for the record! ) But I have a feeling that was for the best. I'm very curious to see how the rest of the party fares. Another solid update! Cheers, Biff
Suilven chapter 49 . 4/2/2014
A very fitting conclusion to the relationship arc between Zevran and Varric. I really, really like how you chose to resolve things, especially this:

"Varric allowed himself a moment to mourn the life he was saying no to—the lovemaking, the friendship, the feeling of belonging to someone—and then he reached over the side of his bed, his hand finding Bianca unerringly in his darkness, and he lifted her up next to him. He had made his choices long ago … he would stick to them."

Poignant and perfect.
Arsinoe de Blassenville chapter 49 . 4/2/2014
And that's why Varric is the most lovable, most believable, and most...human...of all the DA characters. And you write him so well. A very touching scene.