Reviews for Knotted
this is really great!
BubblyPanda14 chapter 1 . 12/25/2016
this is really great!
holy moly chapter 2 . 11/20/2016
this is my second time reading it and it's just as lovely as before. this is literally perfect, exactly how i'd want it written and how i'd want it to go. how are u so good at this? i really wish you'd write more.
Four years late chapter 23 . 6/1/2016
My parents like to watch movies years after they come out, and so I found myself with a host of Finnick/Annie feelings and a desperate need for their story. To be honest, I haven't found much that I've liked. I'm picky and close tabs methodically.

The second I finish this review, I am opening up every work you've posted.

This was the most poignant, tragically beautiful story I've read in years. All of my tears earned through the skill of your writing and deep understanding and care for the characters, rather than trite lines that so many favor. Finnick and Annie, and Mags, Fletcher, Roscoe, and Johanna, were profoundly real and fleshed out.

The mechanics of the Capitol's abuse were what most worried me when I started reading, but you earned my trust with the earlier chapters, and sure enough, you handled the delicate and disgusting nature of forced prostitution well.

You are an incredibly gifted writer, and I only hope that this is not your only fic. The world would be a poorer place if it was.
zar33n chapter 23 . 4/15/2016
I don't know what to say, but wow. I wish I had reviewed every chapter, but I was in a mad rush to finish the story. I marathon-ed it and I have to say, I cried so much! Your words were so beautiful, and the story was so lovely and detailed; I can certainly believe it to be the canon tale of Finnick and Annie.

I loved this couple almost as much as Katniss and Peeta. Having known so little about them, yet still feel so much gut-wrenching loss and heartache over their love, makes me such a sucker for Knotted. It's also why I find it so perfect.

Thank you for weaving such a beautiful narrative that made me laugh, cry, and cry some more, especially the Epilogue. Although I would have loved nothing more than for Finnick to live out his days with Annie and their son in District 4, his love, passing, and commitment to Annie is cemented by his death. I really wish it wasn't so. He, like many other tributes, deserved so much. But the impact of the Hunger Games trilogy is in the cruel and unforgiving world where it takes place. A world that I don't doubt our own world can become if we're not careful.

I loved your interpretation of how Annie "crept up" on Finnick. I also appreciated how you painted her 'madness' and made it all too clear how any living victor can easily be just as unhinged.

So delighted to have come across this. Thank you for sharing, for completing it, and leaving it here for the rest of us to enjoy.

Cheers.
DauntlessBlueTreacleTart chapter 23 . 12/29/2015
This story is brilliant. I just finished it, and I'm crying as I type this. The characterization and writing style is beautiful, and everything is so heartfelt. I love this story. Keep writing; you're brilliant.
Have a great day!
lizyeh2000 chapter 23 . 12/7/2015
Loved your story , now favourited!
mystic wonderlands chapter 7 . 12/2/2015
omg i've got to say that is this what i was looking for when i came in for a finnick story. i've read others about finnick's life story, and nothing fits his personality like this one. i just wanted to thank you so much and i hope more people find this gorgeous work of art.
Cry chapter 23 . 11/30/2015
Tears are running down my eyes as I write this. I read the hunger games trilogy in 2012 for the first time, and Finnick was instantly my favorite. As a little 6th/7th grader I'll admit I had the biggest fictional character crush, along with being completely facinated and in love with his complex character. And I of course shipped Annie and him to no end. After seeing Mockingjay part 2 a couple days ago (which captured most of my favorite finnick and annie moments although left many out) I needed something to help me mourn the on screen death of Finnick that I had always skipped when rereading Mockingjay. This fic from the amazing writing, spot on characterization, and canon compliance made me feel all kinds of feelings and it just felt so right. Thank you for writing this, even if you never read this review for a fic you wrote 3 years ago, I hope you know how amazing this fic is. The ending was so bittersweet and I know this fic will stick with me for awhile. Thank you.
phuong1317 chapter 7 . 9/8/2015
I really hate Fletcher I get that he is mad but did finnick ask for any of this no and his jealousy is really petty I hope nothing happens to Annie
Kiiimberly chapter 23 . 1/30/2015
Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed this and the epilogue was nicely done!
RedRoses5 chapter 23 . 1/8/2015
Such a beautiful story.
S chapter 23 . 8/22/2014
Great, great, great story! :) I loved it _:)
Anon chapter 23 . 5/22/2014
I am absolutely in love with this story, and how seamlessly it blends with the Hunger Games novels. Cried multiple times! Thank you
SaintClaire chapter 23 . 5/20/2014
This was a touching story, and I liked that you didn't ruin it with over-gruesome descriptions. Well done :)