Reviews for Checks and Balances
Southerncross1 chapter 16 . 7/7
This is the second time I have read this story and I agree with many others that it is one of the best in the Emergency fanfic. It's great to be able to revisit one of my all time favourite shows and get a story which has an engaging plot and more depth to the characters than many of the episodes. And there was never enough "Johnny whumping"! More modern "rescue" shows get so caught up in the romantic relationships of the characters that they almost forget to rescue anyone. Thank you for sharing this and providing me with great entertainment. Feel free to keep writing and I will read!
Great story. Thx!
terimorehart chapter 1 . 1/26
Love your story(ies). Hope you will keep on writing. Love your research, too. Great!
DaisyK2tog chapter 7 . 10/14/2016
Re: A/N for Ch.7
Dated medical facts aren't the only thing hard about writing a story that takes place now 40 years ago. Anything technological or pop cultural needs extensive research. I've spent hours researching cars, TV sets, video game consoles, even beer brands just so I could have that textural detail in my stories. But it's worth it.
Caro June chapter 1 . 2/20/2016
Just read your entire story. I've written a few myself and I can tell your research is beyond reproach. Your characters are true to the series, while your story is uniquely your own. A wonderful job, one of the best I've read, and I am a voracious reader. Please write more!
Sg1rpbinson chapter 16 . 10/4/2015
I have read this story several times and it never fails to entertain me. Please continue to write!
Rosemoor chapter 16 . 7/17/2015
Thank you for finishing your story. I enjoyed both of your Emergency stories. I hope that you will write more of them.
c76828 chapter 16 . 7/10/2015
I thought your story was very entertaining and of course we all love johns owies. It is interesting though, in all the fanfic that i've read, when mentioning johnny's parent, it's his mother who is the native american. In real life randolph mantooths motger was german and it was his father that was full indian.
I liked your story.
A chapter 16 . 5/25/2015
Also wanted to write that I enjoyed your story :D
A chapter 16 . 5/25/2015
Fyi: it's "that's my cue", NOT "that's my Q" lol. I completely understand how that happens, when you just hear something all the time but never see it written you can make mistakes like that. But cue means a signal or prompt to do something, in this case, Roy's signal that he has to leave.
spycat chapter 16 . 5/23/2015
Such a wonderful detailed story. You had me worried for Johnny. I'm glad he pulled through.
Diana chapter 16 . 4/21/2015
Thank you for writing this story and sharing with us on fan fiction i really enjoed it thought it was very good I am sorry some people feel they have to nit pick I enjoyed and thank you again for writing it
kayaklady chapter 16 . 3/4/2015
I enjoyed this story beginning to end. Thank you for sticking with it for the last couple years.
Bev1956 chapter 16 . 2/27/2015
You were probably targeted because you're a good writer, it's as simple as that. This fandom does very little to support the truly good writers. I've been a reader on here for a long time and it makes me sick how many times I've seen the really badly written stories get tons of great reviews, while the really well done stories usually get very few. If you're on here long enough, you can even tell what kliks are operating on here, along with the games they'll play among themselves for control and power. You're a good writer, don't let them discourage you from continuing to write in this fandom. This story was well done and I didn't see a problem with any of the research. The plot kept me interested all the way through. I would like to see you write more stories in this fandom.
Glorymourn chapter 16 . 2/26/2015
Very interesting and enjoyable. A good mix of medical detail and character involvement. Thank you!