Reviews for Checks and Balances
Diana chapter 16 . 4/21
Thank you for writing this story and sharing with us on fan fiction i really enjoed it thought it was very good I am sorry some people feel they have to nit pick I enjoyed and thank you again for writing it
kayaklady chapter 16 . 3/4
I enjoyed this story beginning to end. Thank you for sticking with it for the last couple years.
Bev1956 chapter 16 . 2/27
You were probably targeted because you're a good writer, it's as simple as that. This fandom does very little to support the truly good writers. I've been a reader on here for a long time and it makes me sick how many times I've seen the really badly written stories get tons of great reviews, while the really well done stories usually get very few. If you're on here long enough, you can even tell what kliks are operating on here, along with the games they'll play among themselves for control and power. You're a good writer, don't let them discourage you from continuing to write in this fandom. This story was well done and I didn't see a problem with any of the research. The plot kept me interested all the way through. I would like to see you write more stories in this fandom.
Glorymourn chapter 16 . 2/26
Very interesting and enjoyable. A good mix of medical detail and character involvement. Thank you!
NickTonyK chapter 16 . 2/24
Your story was great! This is fiction after all. You could have made everybody blue if that was part of your story line. That is what makes this such a good venue!
E chapter 16 . 2/22
This is a very good story! Your attention to detail is incredible. Speaking of detail, the actor that portrayed John Gage was/is actually of the Seminole tribe. That's why most authors have Johnny be of the Seminole tribe in various stories. Just thought you'd like to know that little fact for possible future stories! Looking forward to more!
Jan chapter 16 . 2/21
I did notice the hospitalist thing. But in my case in 2003 weeks after my mother died of pneumonia in ICU I received a form letter from the hospital explaining how they were starting a hospitalist program and how it would provide better care for patients admitted through the ERA as Mum was. It struck a cord.

As far as the story goes, it's a very minor point. Overall I find this story very well written and true to the original show. Fan Fiction is a form of entertainment, as such is not meant to withstand microscopic scrutiny.

How sad is it that someone out there has nothing else to do but be the fan fiction police.
susan chapter 16 . 2/20
dear alice I ,
I hope you will write more stories.
the person are nothing they ahver no life all they do is ruin others and make them feel bad and not want to write anymore. if you write I will keep reading
susan
TheNaggingCube chapter 16 . 2/20
*snort* some folks are never happy.

A really cool explanation and adore the food story line too.
Kathy Doyle chapter 16 . 2/20
I LOVE this story! You capture horrific emotions well (thanks, I think).

There is a story that has left Johnny, Roy, the guys, and especially Jenny DeSoto in a horrible cliffhanger.

"An Act of Friendship" was abandoned in 2011. 17 chapters! MANY comments about how sad it is that the story stopped.

Klaxons

"Station 51, Squad 51, Engine 51: report of an abandoned story. 2011 An Act of Friendship. Cross street, Fan Fiction. Be advised-a muse is running loose in traffic. Police are on the way."

"Not another one!"

"Those rescue-calls have been increasing", said Roy, handing Johnny the address.

"Don't these authors know the angst and frustration they cause when they lose control of their muse?"

"You forgot disappointment," Roy added.

Please please please contact the author of that story, and find out if you can finish it. We readers are desperate!

Seriously, you've got are able to keep the readers in believable emotions for all the firemen and Dixie & docs.

Again, Thank You for a well-written story-can you rescue the readers? That story..it's a shame it stopped.

Thank you!
KMG 365
pandorablueskies chapter 16 . 2/20
I liked the ending, especially the fact that the administrator made it a point to personally explain what had happened and what was being done to prevent a recurrence. Too bad they all don't take personal responsibility! Thanks for a good read :)
darspi chapter 16 . 2/20
Thanks for finishing the story. I'm glad I had marked it as a favorite.
Ginger S chapter 16 . 2/20
I went back to read a few of the earlier chapters and was pleasingly surprised to find this was the story where Johnny pulled the in station alarm for help. I've thought about that part of the story often, but didn't remember which story it was from. I agree that it is difficult to write a story in keeping with the time period. There are so many things we take for granted today that were not even an idea back then. Sometimes things slip in even as hard as we try not to slip into the present. You have crafted a well written, entertaining story. Thank you for taking the time to write it and most of all for sharing it with us.
susan chapter 16 . 2/20
Thank you for this wonderful story. I loved it - and a great ending as well. Thank you !
Figmentfan2001 chapter 15 . 2/20
I like the family background you gave Johnny and don' t feel it was a swipe at other authors. Several authors write about his parents still being alive. In one episode of the show that dealt with teens and drugs Johnny made a comment about his parents that led you to believe that that were still alive. This is fanfiction and writers can give the characters any background they want to fit their story. Keep writing I enjoy your stories!