Reviews for Simple Man
TheSnicketSister chapter 1 . 11/26/2018
I’m super late, but I just wanted to say that I love this! I’m a sucker for Sam angst, especially season 7 Sam angst and big brother Dean. And just, this is written so well and Dean especially is so in character, it’s amazing. I especially like the line about the room being decorated by a colourblind monkey XD and when he calls Sam Janet. Anyway, just thank you for writing this, it’s a great fic!
Lilly chapter 1 . 3/25/2018
Your a great writer awesome story
Jeanne chapter 1 . 8/22/2017
Great story. I loved how the brothers took care of each other.
Idreamofivan chapter 1 . 5/17/2015
Very nice
Scarlett7 chapter 1 . 1/28/2015
I found this story three days ago and have been thinking ever since about what to even say in this review. Still, I don't think I can truly express how much I loved this piece of writing. This was so, SO beautiful to read. The subtle sweetness of these brothers and how much they love each other is not easy to capture convincingly, but you did it. I am THRILLED to have found your work and I look forward to reading more. Thank you for writing this!
Frakking Toasters chapter 1 . 4/7/2014
This is great. I love the Hallucifer ones, which sounds bad, but ykwim! Great Sammy whump and Dean being a good brother. xo
(Formerly Stoney Angel)
Fandom Angst chapter 1 . 12/20/2013
This was brilliant. It really felt like Sam and Dean, you got them just right. Also loved Sam helping Dean, that was really touching. Great descriptions of Dean's feelings too.
UnicornLoki chapter 1 . 10/29/2013
Wonderful story very brotherly. My kind of story
Soncnica chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
What an awesome h/c story for a snowy afternoon! Poor Sam and I totally get how he would have been scared of the needles and all ... thank goodness for Dean!

Tnx for sharing!
S.
DARK3DBABE chapter 1 . 10/23/2012
LOVED this line: "You're m'brother, Dean. Just 'cause you're helping me with my Hell right now doesn't mean I stop helping you with yours." God SO PERFECT! And OMG.. I'm NOT the only person who thought Alastair sounded like Brando! (Love how Sam knew to turn off the T.V.!)
Batboys of Baker Street chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
Gah, this story was just... fantastically perfect. The angst, the brotherly awesomeness, the little bits of humor, the way you wrote them so like the characters that it was like I was watching this happen on the screen... Everything was just so damn perfect and I absolutely loved it. I loved how they looked out for each other, how Dean hated what was happening to Sam, how they're both struggling to still be themselves with the terrible memories of Hell plaguing both of them and I love you wrote their whole relationship in this, you really did a wonderful job capturing the way they interact with each other and it was just so wonderful!

(also, as a random, totally strange little note: I couldn't help but feel so bad for Dean when he couldn't watch The Godfather anymore. I totally get it; Alistair definitely had that very Brando-esque lisp-tone to his voice, but... Damn. The Godfather is one of my favorite movies ever; I'd hate to not be able to watch it because of horrible, Hell-filled nightmares haunting me.)

Anyway, very emotional, very angsty and very Sam & Dean. Brilliant job!
laurie31 chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
I find myself without words to describe the awesomness of this fic. When people look up "hurt/comfort" in the dictionary, this is what they should find. Dean was at his protective big brother best, and then Sam got his own moment to shine as protector there at the end. Perfect! I am verkelmpt!
Disasteriffic Kaz chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
Le sigh. This was beautiful between Dean quietly coaching Sam through Hell memories and Sam who can barely walk getting up and stumbling to the TV to save Dean from his own just...just so much awesomeness here. Thank you!
kioku7 chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
God, this was great! Loved it!
Headoverheels14 chapter 1 . 4/26/2012
Awwwwww! So sweet! I loved it!