Reviews for Simple Man
twomom chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
I loved this. You show such great respect and insight to these characters in all of your stories and I just want to say thank you. The attention to detail makes a reader "see" all of this happening. Wonderful job. I appreciate all of your hard work giving us such quality stories.
TinTin11 chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
This was absolutley fabulous! Truly wonderful writing! Love the idea and the torture!Sammy...GUH! Also love that Sam is still looking out for Dean and his Hell while suffereing in his own! Phenomenal!
Nerene chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
Thanks for another wonderful story! It's amazing how one small acorn of an idea can grow and become a mighty oak. I love how you have shown the brotherly bond and that it is two way street. It was very descriptive both emotionally and physically. You were definitely true in character to both Sam and Dean. You are without a doubt one of my favourite authors. I'm looking forward to your next story.
Marianna Morgan chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
Holy Mother of GUH.

Why does this only have eight reviews? Insanity!

What a perfect combo of hurt, freaked, sick Sammy and awesome, protective, big brother Dean doing what he does best - taking care of his little bro...complete with snarky sweetness, back rubbing, and even bed sharing.

*happy sigh*

PS: Love the title 'cause I looove that song! Very Dean! And the "colorblind monkey" comment...LOL! Oh! And I loved how you had Sam getting up to turn off Godfather because of how similar Brando sounds to Alastair...very true!
Giacinta chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
Another beautiful but poignant story from your pen about our two battered brothers, and the the love they bear one another, which is the only reason that they fight to keep on living.

Neither wants to desert the other; and they no longer have even the comfort of their home on wheels, the Impala.

Whatever happens, now more than ever they have to stay together.

Sam needs his brother to help him with his hell memories and Dean is once again in his "big brother caring for his little brother" mode which has, is amd always will be his reason for living

Your story is so touching and so sad.

There had better be a big reward for them when they do eventually go to heaven, always together.
SPN Mum chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
This was a great story! The connection between Dean and Sam is amazing, and you totally showed it here. :D I could picture the whole scene in my head! The protectiveness the two boys show each other is so wonderful, so touching. They keep each other's Hell at bay, while able to show love and support as needed. No matter how injured they are, they still look out for each other. I love stories that show this. Kudos to you for another great story! :D
M. D. Jensen chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
Unnecessary Volvo hate :( Just kidding, this was very well written. I especially found interesting the bit about Dean thinking "God forgive me". Thanks for posting!
Twinchester Angel chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
*wipes tears from my eyes* Oh wow, this was just incredible. I loved every single word. I love how you show how each of them instinctively know exactly what the other needs to get through their Hell. The way they can almost read each others' minds - OMG I loved the line about Dean noticing when something changes with Sam even from across the country - you just brilliantly wrote that without having to hit us over the head with it. Because with Sam and Dean, it is instinct. And for us, we notice it even if it isn't mentioned. And I loved the protectiveness in Dean here. It was a perfect example of how Dean is in these later seasons. He's still fiercely protective of his brother but now it's more subtle; like he doesn't have to say he's being protective, it's just a given that he is. And I love how Sam lets him be that way. And I love how they both understand exactly what's going on with the other when dealing with Hell. They don't have to talk about it because they both already know. The Godfather thing just melted my heart. Dean having to crawl into Sam's bed for the comfort and reassurance that his little brother is living, breathing and right there...*is goo* Seriously. The angst, the schmoop, the banter, all of it was just perfect. Very moving. Very well written. Thank you soooo much for this. *hugs*
Meggin Lane chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
Great lines: "Tetnus spears" and "Fine," Sam's eyes sank closed with a weary, practiced sigh. "Next time we're on the run from the reason Purgatory was friggin' invented, we'll make sure we take the time to steal a car up to your standards."

The banter was a great way to start this story. Because despite everything that has happened to them and all that they have lost that still remains the same.

By showing us how Dean has to struggle to get Sam calmed from one hallucination after another just to attempt to suture the wound on Sam's arm closed I, as the reader, was able to experience how much harder it is for them to even take care of each other these days.

Before hell their training would kick in and they could triage, and patch each other up quickly and with life saving efficiency. But this glimpse of what it is like now clearly illustrated how hell has damaged them both. Made them both have to take in consideration of the others new phobias as an additional burden to every hunt.

Just salt and burns, just Wendigos, just Werewolves and Vamps...Dean's musings on simpler days brought home just how run to ground their lives have become since the leviathans escaped.

It was most telling of how hard this life has gotten to be for Dean was when you wrote "Dean fought back the wild urge to start throwing punches at the universe as a whole; a universe that had brought them to where his little brother pleaded for pain to keep him sane."

And the sad, quiet pride Dean felt for his brother to endure the stitching because he knew it and Sammy knew it really was the only way to beat the devil this time and stop the bleeding.

This story really sets the emotional tone for how much 'in deep sh*t' the Winchesters are in right now, and how important their bond is for keeping them upright and still fighting back despite all the hell memories and the Leviathan adversity.

Great read!
Caitlinxz chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
Dean would really be nothing without Sam. It'd be like losing a torso.

I love how bitterly sweet this is. Because throughout all the angst, Dean and Sam are always there for eachother. :] Spot-on job with the characters, the dialogue is something I would imagine in an actual episode. Compelling story :]

Caitlin
Emmers224 chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
*runs across steet to buy a zillion tissues*

Ohmygoshthatwasamazing! :) I loved it! Beautiful, brilliant, heartbreaking AND heartwarming. Aaand titled after one of my all time favorite songs! It couldn't get much more genius than that!
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
This is so good. Hard to read at times, but very, very well written. God, poor Sam.
27 | « Prev Page 1 2