Reviews for With You by My Side
Natsukashi chapter 17 . 6/10
Hmhmhmmmm a spell that can steal the magical core and add it to ones own.. bullshit :)
If voldi had something like that he would have drained evrything he could get his grubby fingers on. Fumbles and the world would have been dead a long time ago.
Regardless, a nice story with a sweet couple who embrace each other and the magical world.
Dr Gero chapter 25 . 5/26
I've got very mixed feelings on the story so far. On one hand I like many of the little changes and ideas Harry and Hermione are coming up with (with some interesting magical theory that is more in-depth but hasn't ground the story to a halt, like some other stories). I also like the HarryHermione relationship even if they really don't feel their age, child progenies or not. On the other hand there is a lot of exposition and telling what characters are feeling rather than showing it, which makes it feel like the plot has priority and characterization second. (As in anything can happen due to coincidence or contrivance and the plot will progress regardless.) Luna in this chapter was the worst offender and I had to stop my progress to comment.
All this talk of Merlin, Dumbledore, Riddle and Harry feels forced. Both coming from Luna and what she's saying. Maybe I accidently skimmed a section but I have a hard time taking the comparisons seriously. I mean they use Merlin as an exclamation like God. Some of the stories about Avalon and related Arthurian legends don't really have comparisons to anything we've seen in the Wizarding world. Saying DD and Riddle are as strong is saying a LOT, unless we have specifics about the Merlin in this world (which I only recall a single fact or two mentioned in this story, regarding him being a leader).
I don't mean to harp on the subject, the balance of creativity, plot and characterization has been pretty decent and I haven't felt the need to comment previously. (Normally I wait until the end of a completed story to review.) That scene with Luna just took me out of the flow with its abruptness and info (or destiny) dump and I had to take a moment to talk about it.
Otherwise I'm mostly enjoying the story and looking forward to seeing how things unfold. Thanks for taking the time to write this for us all.
This is fucking boring as hell.
ShankZZ chapter 48 . 5/11
i loved the story until this chapter were it suddly became forced and mediocre. I mean how was it illegal they now knew where the man who assassinated the minister is there and suspect known terrorist is there ? then we just spent all that time getting the teens up to hyper awareness of there surrounding areas and magic plus you've described how awful and obvious soul containers feel to them. and. you had the wolves watching for a month with there super human senses and nobody noticed the massive magic filled snake. then nobody noticed crouch nobody disabled and bound him they just stopped fighting and ignored him it's like all the intelligence you described most of the people involved immediately had IQ in the single digits it just destroyed the story for me and then a mythical teir creature unable to heal his arm in the next chapter as I tried to continue reading I could no longer go on thank you for the story till this point tho
ShankZZ chapter 48 . 5/11
I loved this story till this chapter witch just made it feel forced and mediocre. I mean not legal they know the man who assassinated the minister is there suspect known terrorist. then werewolves with better senses didn't notice a massive snake in a month. that the teens After multiple chapters to bring there awareness of magic and there surroundings
Elizabeta Jerose chapter 24 . 5/5
I don’t like that you’ve made Harry essentially perfect. In the books, his downfall was how easily he accepted everything, how impulsive he was and how we was led astray by people he trusted. Hermione too was known to be bossy, quite petty at times and obsessive when concerning her studies though she means well. In your series Harry can do no wrong. It annoys me because it makes Hermione look like a liability instead of an equal.
TiaAllyce chapter 46 . 5/3
“Soccer Hooligans” is the first time reading this that Harry/Hermione have appeared American. We call it Football in England.
Mastersgtjames chapter 14 . 4/20
Yeah... There is no way anyone would/should be okay with what dumbles did. Stealing work/credit in Academia, taking a student's work and claiming it is the Staff and Headmaster who both inspired and did the majority of the work... That is not done. It is in fact vilified. People regularly lose jobs and any credibility when they do something like that since it shows that not only can they not be trusted, but that they have likely done so before. Lessening any respectability they had earned.
Seud chapter 5 . 3/29
Really author?No hay problema. No problem: in Spanish)
Harry replied unconsciously skipping into Spanish.]

There are many problems with what was written here, not just the improper grammar in both English and Spanish, but also how you made no hint to how Harry can speak multiple languages earlier.

Also, he lives in Britain! How would he unconsciously slip into Spanish? English is the predominant language in Britain! I doubt that Harry would use Spanish so regularly that he would actually unconsciously speak it in a conversation between other English speaking people!

There’s no problem with wanting to make your character look smart or any number of positive things, but just the way you did it like this feels like you’re writing a Gary Stu, or just obnoxiously showing off. It’s just so terribly done I can’t help but wonder if you actually thought this looked good.
Seud chapter 4 . 3/29
Really boring introduction. You’re rushing through the exposition, barely have any dialogue, descriptions of places that Harry/Hermione are aren’t described... this really all just adds up to a bland beginning. Which anyone who has gone through primary school should know is bad, as the opening is where you try to grab a readers attention.

You seem to not really get this and just gloss over these things which makes for a boring read. Two chapters of this is enough for most people to not want to bother reading.
Robyn Hawkes chapter 51 . 1/28
P
VPSale chapter 2 . 1/1
Sorry about the earlier comment I did not read 2nd chapter before commenting
VPSale chapter 1 . 1/1
Usually hermione is older than everyone else in her class by 1 year since her birthday is in september by the time her classes properly start she is older
Aaran St. Vines chapter 5 . 12/31/2020
Your statement, "when the universe began, it was hypothesized there was nothing but energy," is incorrect, though most people think the Big Bang had something at the start, such as energy, a 'hot, dense state,' like the TV show says, or something.
The actual Big Bang theory states that NOTHING existed before - no empty space even. Nothing.
Then all of a sudden a singularity came into existence from NOTHING and in it was everything that now compromises everything in the universe. Except no one can tell you what a singularity actually is or how it did all this. It is total speculation with no scientific evidence to it.
Also, NOTHING 'caused' the singularity to come into being - no God-like entity or intelligence caused it.

Nothing caused everything. Is that logical to you?

If your intelligence and common sense tells you that makes NO SENSE whatsoever, trust your intelligence and common sense over any scientist that says otherwise.

No experiment can be performed to prove what happened in the past, not even what happened yesterday. A video of what you did yesterday is not scientific evidence, it is historical evidence.

Now here is what is really controversial. There is more historical evidence, though inconclusive, for a God created earth six thousand years ago than there is for the Big Bang.
geoslim21 chapter 29 . 12/15/2020
I really wish you would put O.W.L. instead of O and N.E.W.T. instead of N.E. is is confusing especially with the first since O is also a grade used in the series. it makes it look like Ordinary and Nastily Exhausting are the names of the tests instead of the full names.
2,614 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »