Reviews for With You by My Side
Kimmytrainer chapter 41 . 59m
Whew that was an intense ending to the chapter. I love how important you've made Luna, and I love stories that give her the role of Harry's sister. She's my favorite character, so they make me happy :)
Kimmytrainer chapter 38 . 2h
So why do werewolves still transform if there indoors in a place where outside light cannot reach them? Or is the UV radiation able to go through solid material? (I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to science, but as a writer I am curious how you explain this to work, even if the story is just fictional.)
Kimmytrainer chapter 37 . 3h
Well that was an interesting turn in the end
Kimmytrainer chapter 32 . 8h
Hahaha I hate Umbridge anything that goes wrong for her is going right in my book so good job!
Kimmytrainer chapter 31 . 8h
That was a really cool chapter!
Kimmytrainer chapter 27 . 21h
Bellatrix is Andi's sister, not her cousin. I see in the next chapter that you say you fixed that, but the error is still there in this chapter.
Kimmytrainer chapter 18 . 8/17
So what's with the "no more secrets" thing, yet Harry has all these secrets?
Kimmytrainer chapter 13 . 8/15
So I'm guessing they only got the fake stone?
Kimmytrainer chapter 5 . 8/15
I'm super curious what houses they'll be in. Hermione definitely sounds like a Ravenclaw, while Harry's ambition might get him into Slytherin. Of course, you might just go with cannon. Wonder if Neville will be Gryffindor or Hufflepuff? Hmm...
Kimmytrainer chapter 3 . 8/15
Okay I like that the Dursleys aren't cruel to him. They may not love him, but Petunia and Vernon are being surprisingly kind and helpful. Dudley's a pain as always, but he's a spoiled kid, after all.
Thelvyner chapter 56 . 8/4
Overall I really enjoyed this story but several glaring problems made parts hard to enjoy. Mostly supposed intelligent and trained characters making absolutely stupid decisions.
Why did Harry "run" to put himself between Hr and the snake. Why didn't he conjure a barrier?
If blocking the moonlight blocks transformations, why do werewolves locked in basements still change?
The excuses used for leaving known lethal threats in place were laughable at best.
You frequently used descriptions lasting paragraphs of pointless things. We did not need the backstory of every character introduced especially if the are going to be taken out of the story immediately after the background.
You had H and Hr learn tons of things and had them use almost none of it.
These are a few examples.
You included a lot of things in this story but I think you spread it too thin.
One of the things that annoys me about almost every single HP story including canon is how often people profess to not be able to do anything or having their hands tied and people get injured or killed because of this. Bunch of useless people.
Why when important events are taking place that have lethal consequences and are time dependent do the characters routinely put things off till later. If someone was out to kill me, and I knew this, I would not be procrastinating days/weeks/months so that I can accomplish some unimportant task. Nobody in the HP universe seems to have their priorities straight. Studying is not more important than saving a life. Retarded to think otherwise.
Summers chapter 19 . 7/15
"To be beautiful is any girl's dream".

No, it isn't. I, for example, only want to learn archery, ride, and read (that's the simplified version, of course). Beauty is not everything.

Girls dream about different things. About all the things boys dream about too. And not all want to be beautiful; some are quite content as they are.
Summers chapter 16 . 7/15
"Though Hermione was a _girl_ and a young one at that, her daily exercise routine with Harry gave her a hidden strength and stamina that was rarely put to use."

You mean though she is young and unexperienced in a fight, right? Right?! Because that implies that as a girl, she is inherently weaker and can only do this because she's been training with Harry, a MALE. She's a 12-year-old, and her body mass, regardless of her gender or training, would've thrown Quirrelmort down.

It doesn't seem that you wrote this sexist on purpose, but it doesn't change how harmful the words can be. Small, even insignificant looking wording choises like this strenghten the internalized sexism in our culture. Someone who reads this will not look at it twice, but it strenghtens the idea inside their head that women are weaker.

This might seem blown out of proportion to you, but as a woman who's had to dust those internalized beliefs out of her own head, it vexes me greatly.
Fhaatra Joysword chapter 38 . 7/13
Forgot to mention this before: in regards to the Flamel couple hiding as Jonathan and Martha Kent, "I see what you did there!"
Marc the Unruly chapter 20 . 7/11
Actually there is NO platform between the tracks for 9 & 10 at Kings Cross... There is a platform between 8 & 9 and 10 & 11. :) I catch my trains home from there :)

Although there is a nice tourist trap with half a trolley sticking out of the wall where you can get your photo taken with a Harry Potter shop next to it.

Mark