Reviews for With You by My Side
ntalcenent chapter 46 . 2/4/2018
An inventive and much more dramatic Cup scene. Fudge and Malfoy have a finale that will bring things to a head sooner than later.
ntalcenent chapter 42 . 2/4/2018
I am confused, must have missed how the Potter faction is protecting the Dark Mark bearers that swore to uphold the law. Glad they are because it is necessary. When Voldemort returns he can kill them painfully and directly, they can't avoid coming when he calls and they won't survive long - either their magic will kill them or he will for disobeying. They must have a means to remove the Dark Mark.
ntalcenent chapter 38 . 2/4/2018
This is really cool sounding sciency speculation on the details behind the werewolf phenomena!
ntalcenent chapter 35 . 2/4/2018
The key issue from what I understand of the Harmionic faction's progress so far is they've not provided any safety net for those who are promising under the greater present threat while thinking Voldemort is gone. Those people may actually want to honor their promises but when Voldemort returns, they will lose their magic and their families will be first on the line to die distrusted by both sides. The repercussions of such a percentage of loss and financial disruption to the magical world will be tremendous.

Also, not sure how easy it is to be a "model citizen" and support either side. For example, in "Mundania" N. Korea likely has the most peaceful and model citizenry anywhere in the current RL world. They hardly ever rebel and follow laws religiously. Voldemort would likely institute a similar, very peaceful regime at the end. Alternatively, the current Head of DMLE is betraying her own oaths and going vigilante to fight against a movement that was succeeding on both fronts, violent and lawful and it is more about differing points of view of what is "right". It compares to the rebellions of the Colonies against King George - they said they want to be allowed to live in peace. What they really meant was they wanted to be allowed to Be in Charge and not be subservient to the king's laws and Do as They Wanted. Native Americans didn't get to partake in the peaceful living, and it is possible wholesale slaughter and even slavery would have not proceeded as it did under rule and settled authority from England. Not being allowed to land grab was a large part of the dispute.

Just ...it is never so simple as just "knowing that your side is in the right". Draco knows that too and the only difference is who's in power at the moment instead of one side being inherently better.
ntalcenent chapter 34 . 2/4/2018
Nathan can't tell but he can teach and pass on his hate to his family and those affected will find ways to come together in their "hurting" but as a short term solution it is really very interesting and turning balance of power.

Umm, I can't see Severus Snape ever allowing the plebeian utterance "no way!" to pass through his lips tho...just imagining the furious horror at the thought. :b
ntalcenent chapter 33 . 2/4/2018
The one concern with open development and sales of the protective gear and weaponry to the Aurors is that Voldemort will get his hands on it too. It could be reduced a bit by a purge of any in the public office or hired by such with a Dark Mark but then Snape would be a casualty as well.

If Harry could find a way to remove the Dark Mark they could use it on Snape and let it out as a temptation to anyone wanting truly to repent and change but there will always be a majority of people willing to collude and abet those who are powerful. So it will be a more heavily armed standoff or escalation of violence to overcome the protections. Just look at any countries politicians, who the people vote into office are either pretty, dominant or both. Rarely does anyone with genuine humanitarian goals succeed in rising up to positions of power.
ntalcenent chapter 28 . 2/4/2018
The theory behind all Harmonics is inventing and investigating is really, really cool to read and speculate on. Combining current mundane science to the magical applications and attempting to transmute is a long time dream of people but makes more sense when you look around at all the items transferred from one form to another occurring naturally with catalyst of pressure and other aspects we don't understand yet. Even if the prevalent attitude seems to be we are the enlightened age and know everything. For example T-rex bones have been found with dna extant, invalidating the previously accepted theory of the fossilization process. Haha, they should call current era the Age of 16! ")
ntalcenent chapter 16 . 2/3/2018
Hmm, did that permanently increase Harry's magic core? Guess I'll find out later ").

Hermione and Harry will no doubt continue their mundane education while on Holiday, it isn't likely they'll be content to twiddle around when they have so much invested in the experiments during Term and they'll need the advanced bio-physics and chemistry to continue.
ntalcenent chapter 11 . 2/3/2018
The air and energy transfiguring into other substances makes sense. Manipulating energy theory is part of the research being done to build
new ever smaller computer chips if I recall correctly. The glass box experiment is a great example of plausible testing that two prodigy children might try based on their school lab experiences.
ntalcenent chapter 9 . 2/3/2018
Yay, finally a non-auror Potter career choice. This Harry just isn't going to sacrifice himself for the masses I suspect. He'll likely come up with a mixture of mundane and magical solutions to find and take out Voldemort with Hermione.
ntalcenent chapter 8 . 2/3/2018
Hmm, Harry's letter makes him sound pretentious, a bit of a Little Lord Fauntleroy but I suppose it is merely politeness. So Hogwarts here is much better staffed and the children are managed for their protection instead of being sent near the rampaging troll. As it should be in any school!
ntalcenent chapter 4 . 2/3/2018
Ahh intelligent prodigy children will get along so very well but unless Ron is more scholastic he'll not end up being their friend. It's nice to read about a Harry that is less abused and able to step out on his own and has some basis for familial care if not much affection.
cartoon lover 2016 chapter 38 . 1/25/2018
Oh my gosh, I can not believe how realistic scientific you were able to make lycanthropy (I know I spelled that wrong but I don't know how to spell it) sound! Its really impressive. It sounded plausibly scientific and I only understood the gist of some parts, so great work! I doubt tat I would be able to wright something that sounded that scientific in a fictional story. Something which you do a great job of!
JanieOhio chapter 37 . 1/10/2018
I give up. I was really enjoying this approach to the characters and story, but I just can't plow through all the flashbacks and details and explanation of side characters anymore. I think a heavy hand in editing would fix it, but I am going to let this one go for now. Great premise, though.
tempetepapillon chapter 4 . 12/30/2017
this could have been actually interesting if you had actually researched the psychology of child prodigies instead of just saying 'uuuuh they are smart but soooooooo lonely...' and where are the offers to skip a grade? the special need classes? the government funded projects to help in those cases? lazy and disappointing.
2,616 | « Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 .. Last Next »