Reviews for Bloody Handprints
afanoftvd chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
Amazing job capturing how devastating being killed is to Alaric. The blood he feels compelled to clean up only compounds the horror of what he has had to endure. Damon finding him sitting on the floor in the shower with his clothes still on shows just how shocked and immobilized he is by what has happened to him.

The image of Damon cleaning the blood on the floor and stairs is the most powerful expression of his commitment to Alaric than anything else he might have said and done.

Great piece of writing
Seekah chapter 1 . 3/15/2012
Awwww. I love Damon taking care of Alaric. He really needs someone to take care of him every once in a while because he goes through a lot.
WiseDraco chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
Even with no sex it was still bad ass. I fear I must add you to my favorite author's list now *dramatic sigh*.

WiseD
SweetWillowTree chapter 1 . 2/22/2012
just wondering what it is I'm going to lose, if I lose you

- Wow.

This one actually hurt to read. In a good way.
writergirl94 chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
really good. you kept them perfectly in character had no idea they were together till the end. nice job
FlyingPigMonkey chapter 1 . 2/10/2012
I think that may be the first time I've ever read sensitive!Damon while staying in character. great work!
Taylor La Rue chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
This story was so right! I wish Alaric had the opportunity to voice how he is feeling. There has to be heaps of inner turmoil for him. I feel like Damon is what's keeping him fighting through it all. I hope we get to see his reaction to this latest attack on his life.
pencil-origami chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
This is so so sad and heart breaking, and to me, seems completely in character. Because the show does not give any details of how Ric is coping with his repeated deaths, this fits so perfectly as a hidden moment that happened. I love this story. Ric is so tough, and I think the way you pictured the manner he would accept comfort is so spot on.
CrowX chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
This is THE perfect story for how it would be after the episode. I was so devastated when Rick was dying and so glad that Elena is supernatural.

Maybe Rick will have that reaction in the next episode?

Really, after season 3 everyone needes therapy, and Rick even more so. At least he has Damon!
nightfallsupernova chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
i really feel bad for what the writers are doing to both damon and alaric with the witches always burning damon in the sunlight when he enters the house and killing alaric in almost every episode. i really wish they would leave these two alone and have shit happen to stefan or elena or some else for a change.

in this scene in the show i really wanted damon to show and save alaric again...lol.
Crystal Mystery chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
So fucking SWEET!
mamivampire chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
Yes, please. Every time, I have a heart attack. Watching the last episode I started going crazy as soon as Elena stepped into the house... Ric has to be one of my favorite characters on the show (duh, he's 1. badass and 2. Damon's one true friend), but since the writers don't always treat him as a proper character, I always have this paranoid feeling that they are going to kill him off in a lame attempt at a chocking twist. Thankfully this season he was kinda promoted to character-that-would-be-too-cruel-to-kill-since-Elena-does-not-have-any-family-left-except-Jeremy-who-was-sent-off-to-Denver, so I relaxed a little (until his ring started to act all spooky and I remembered that TVD writers have no mercy...) but by the end of last season I was going nuts. There had been this stupid rumor about three characters dying before the end of the season and once Alaric had to give back his ring I got very paranoid he'd make the list... My poor sister was making so much fun of me for my constant yammering! Anyway, I agree : they need to stop torturing him with endless death-experiences (and me with all those fake deaths). Okay, rant over.

'But this is not useful, so he sets it aside.' Breaks. My. Heart. Every. Single. Time. :( You write Alaric so perfectly. It's crazy. He even feels guilty for his own death 'Should have been able to fight off whoever – whatever – it was that had stabbed him in the gut.'. I have this very strange urge to smack him and hug him at the same time. (The things your writing does to me...) 'Dying, he'd been considerate enough to reduce his own burden by one whole step.' Wow. How do you get desperation, irony, self-loathing, disgust (at the situation), exhaustion and sarcasm in the same little sentence? You amaze me.

Loved Damon's annoyance at the unlocked door, so protective. But the moment it dawned on him how vulnerable Alaric was slayed me. 'This is bad. This is bad like the day after Alaric found out Isobel was dead was bad. Discovered he'd been compelled not to love her any more. He's moving like a robot. Pushing his hair out of his eyes, he's wiped a congealed glob of blood across his forehead and hasn't even noticed.'.

'Alaric shaking and shaking, and not noticing he's doing it.' Painful visual.

'"Where's Elena?" Damon asks.' This is exactely what I had been repeatedly asking myself until then. Why would she let Ric clean up his own blood? I get that she doesn't need this either after freaking killing him, but she's usually such an empathetic person...

Damon's helplessness was pretty touching. 'He has next to no experience putting someone back together when they've been broken.' 'Their usual sleeping dynamic is Damon with his head on Alaric's chest. That's not going to cut it right now. Once under the covers, Damon draws Alaric to his side and wraps him tight against his body. Alaric resists, but Damon holds tight, until at last, Alaric slumps in his arms.' My heart swelled at that. Loved Damon's anguish and the fact that even though he was late and out of his element, he still made it better in the end.

My poor Ric. I wish the writers would get themselves to care a little about his mental health instead of using him as a fucking plot device. Ugh. Anyway, you did an incredible job at portraying him. I bought it all the steps of the way. Him staying practical by sheer willpower, when he was about to have a nervous breakdown. Him feeling responsible and guilty, feeling like the worst guardian ever... Him doing everything because he wouldn't/couldn't want anybody else (namely Elena) do it. Turning on the tap again and again, regardless of Damon desperately turning it off every single time. Going through the motions, because he wouldn't let Elena lose another loved one. But wanting to die inside. Until Damon finally gave him back a little of that peaceful loving feeling, the unspoken promise that he wouldn't have to bear the pain by himself this time.

Ric's characterisation was just out of this world.

You outdid yourself. And that means that means a lot. This peace was stellar.
Foofiiee chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
Poor Ric :'(

Loved it !
Eternal-Lethe chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
Awww this is sooo cute. Poor Alaric, I wish this actually happened. 3 Great Fic!
starzee chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
I feel so bad for Alaric :( It's so not fair what the writers of the show are putting him through :(